2020 Monsters of Rock Cruise

tts42572

Just had to say I'm stoked to be attending this for the first time next year.  

https://monstersofrockcruise.com/

Not sure if the lineup is final yet but absolutely loving it so far:

H.e.a.t, Shiraz Lane, Pretty Maids, Tyketto, Tokyo Motor Fist, Firehouse, Slaughter, Kix, Lynch Mob, Thunder, Stryper, Heavens Edge, Winger are my highlights announced so far.

Just nice to see some of these European bands getting the chance to play.  I know Pretty Maids has been on before and Eclipse was on last year.  It's a pretty damn nice trifecta this year with H.e.a.t, Shiraz Lane and Pretty Maids :headbanger:

Edited by tts42572

• My Little Pony

Damn. I didn't realise they were on the bill. 

Hopefully I can afford to do this again, soon. 

Great lineup of bands so far, lots I've never had the chance of  seeing before..., so i'm gonna be a very busy boy.it's gonna be epic ;)

Line up so far

Artwork of Rick Allen
Atomic Punks
Autograph
Bang Tango
Black 'N Blue
British Lion
Burning Rain
Cold Sweat
D-A-D
Diemonds
Enuff Z'nuff
Extreme
Faster Pussycat
FireHouse
H.E.A.T
Heaven's Edge
Heavy Pettin'
Honeymoon Suite
Keel
Kingdom Come
Kings X
KIX
Lizzy Borden
Lynch Mob
Mac Sabbath
Pretty Maids
Shiraz Lane
Slaughter
Steelheart
Stryper
Thunder
Tokyo Motor Fist
Tyketto
Vixen
Winger
Y&T

• 8 months later...

Currently on the cruise and just had to chime in.

H.e.a.t absolutely killed it and has many people buzzing on the ship who weren't aware of them.  I've seen then twice previously and this has been the best I've seen them yet.  Erik was just a madman and the 4 new singles all sounded massive live....especially Rise.  

My other huge highlight has been Shiraz Lane.  Wow, they were fantastic and bonus points for being such super cool fellas.  

One thing I found pretty cool was that Joel Alex from Shiraz Lane filled in for Jimmy Jay in H.e.a.t as he didn't make the trip due to having a new baby.  I might not have liked it if I hadnt seen H.e.a.t before but found it a cool opportunity to see something unique.  I have to say that Joel fit in amazingly well.

Been many great moments though and I'm running on fumes lol.  One more H.e.a.t show to go tonight on the pool deck and I'm sure they'll get the attention of a few more people.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Glen said:

HEAT are fantastic live. I'm seeing them for about the 7th or 8th time in May.

And you just need to stop talking. Forever. 

On 2/12/2020 at 8:04 AM, tts42572 said:

Currently on the cruise and just had to chime in.

H.e.a.t absolutely killed it and has many people buzzing on the ship who weren't aware of them.  I've seen then twice previously and this has been the best I've seen them yet.  Erik was just a madman and the 4 new singles all sounded massive live....especially Rise.  

My other huge highlight has been Shiraz Lane.  Wow, they were fantastic and bonus points for being such super cool fellas.  

One thing I found pretty cool was that Joel Alex from Shiraz Lane filled in for Jimmy Jay in H.e.a.t as he didn't make the trip due to having a new baby.  I might not have liked it if I hadnt seen H.e.a.t before but found it a cool opportunity to see something unique.  I have to say that Joel fit in amazingly well.

Been many great moments though and I'm running on fumes lol.  One more H.e.a.t show to go tonight on the pool deck and I'm sure they'll get the attention of a few more people.

thanks for sharing, sounds like a great time and such a good lineup again too, enjoy

Edited by Crazysam

On 2/15/2020 at 8:32 AM, Crazysam said:

thanks for sharing, sounds like a great time and such a good lineup again too, enjoy

Back from the boat and finally caught up on some sleep lol.

Was my first time on the cruise and it was just awesome.  It was basically like being at a 12 hour music festival for 5 straight days.

As I said earlier, H.e.a.t was easily the highlight of the cruise.  I guess I'm probably bias, but they were on a different level than anybody else.

The most surprising guys to me (in a good way) were Shiraz Lane.  They also had great energy and their new songs just sounded great live.  And I swear I kept bumping into them everywhere I went so they were obviously out and about the boat a lot and mingling with fans often.  Just really cool, down to earth guys that I'll really be rooting for going forward.

I'd say my third favorite act behind these two was probably Tokyo Motor Fist.  They did a great set of their own stuff, some Trixter stuff and some Danger Danger stuff.  The also debuted a new song called Decadence on 10th Street that sounded pretty good.  Their new album is due out in June.

One other band I also really enjoyed seeing was Cold Sweat.  Marc Ferrari is from basically the same town as me so I always kinda followed his stuff a bit with Keel and Cold Sweat.  Was great seeing both those bands perform.  Cold Sweat also played a previously unreleased song and hinted that more things will be coming from them.

Of course bands like Tesla and Firehouse were great as always but it was the hard to see bands that got me to go.  It was also nice seeing bands like Winger, Tyketto and Lynch Mob who I'd never seen before.

I already know I'm going to want to go again next year but not sure I'll be able to pull it off.  I heard rumors on the ship from people that know people that said that H.e.a.t, Eclipse, Crazy Lixx, Pretty Maids and Shiraz Lane will all be invited to next year's cruise.  Heck, I wouldn't even need any other bands on the ship if those bands were there and that would be very tough to turn down.

We had an absolute blast on MORC...Played a couple of well received sets and caught some great bands, as well as making a whole load of new friends....it was awesome 

H.E.A.T were awesome and stole the show with both their sets. I also managed to catch Y&T, Krokus, Firehouse, Tesla, Honeymooon Suite, Steelheart, Shiraz Lane,  Thunder, Extreme, Heaven's Edge, Lynch Mob, Hardcore Superstar, Vixen, British Lion, Kix, Burning Rain, Doro and Joel Hoekstra.

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, Jez said:

We had an absolute blast on MORC...Played a couple of well received sets and caught some great bands, as well as making a whole load of new friends....it was awesome 

H.E.A.T were awesome and stole the show with both their sets. I also managed to catch Y&T, Krokus, Firehouse, Tesla, Honeymooon Suite, Steelheart, Shiraz Lane,  Thunder, Extreme, Heaven's Edge, Lynch Mob, Hardcore Superstar, Vixen, British Lion, Kix, Burning Rain, Doro and Joel Hoekstra.

Bud, I'm so stoked you were able to experience it from both perspectives. That's amazing. I gotta get my ass on that boat, again.

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Bud, I'm so stoked you were able to experience it from both perspectives. That's amazing. I gotta get my ass on that boat, again.

Cheers dude..it was a great experience.Cross fingers we'll do it again some day.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:25 AM, Jez said:

So jealous. Forgive my ignorance, Jez, but what band were you in on the cruise?  I would love to do the MORC before all these acts are too old to do it any longer but that opportunity seems to be slipping away.

24 minutes ago, shamus said:

So jealous. Forgive my ignorance, Jez, but what band were you in on the cruise?  I would love to do the MORC before all these acts are too old to do it any longer but that opportunity seems to be slipping away.

I'll answer on the behalf of Jez: Heavy Pettin

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, shamus said:

Thanks Stefan. Very impressive.

I'll respond on behalf of Stefan: you're welcome.