Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: EYES - "Eyes"

AlphaMale

A new entry in the series of forgotten hard rock.

This one brings EYES. I had no idea who these guys were b=when I bought the tape. But soon as I heard that voice, I knew this disc would be great!

And I was not disappointed.

My favorites:

• 2023 Gold Donors

I got their second album before the debut. It was around the time I'd just discovered JSS.. Being pre-internet days I wasn't aware of this album, but a about six months after I'd purchased the second album some friends of mine returned from their honeymoon in the US  with the debut for me as a gift. Needless to say the Sploosh factor was very high on first listen. This one is my favourite. Surpised you didn't include this one mate. 

Splendid album and arguably Soto's best to date. Arguably, but definitely in the top three. One of those bands/albums where everything just really gels. 'Young and innocent' is probably the pick. 

Great album,oh it takes me back,got it on import cassette from ST records in England(as mentioned pre-internet days) where I imported all my early stuff from after seeing an ad in Kerrang and its remained a fav ever since.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:23 PM, crazynights said:

Three great albums from this band. I really like 'em.Shame they don't the succes they deserved.

Don't turn around was written by Diane Warren, first was performed by a funky/reggae band.

according to Wikipedia Tina Turner first performed it...

later Ace of Base version was popular too

On 1/15/2019 at 3:56 AM, Geoff said:

Splendid album and arguably Soto's best to date. Arguably, but definitely in the top three. One of those bands/albums where everything just really gels. 'Young and innocent' is probably the pick. 

This is in the top 3 for me as well, but the Talisman S/T CD gets my vote for the top JSS slot.

4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

This is in the top 3 for me as well, but the Talisman S/T CD gets my vote for the top JSS slot.

Eyes s/t, the 3 W.E.T. and Damage Control are his best for me.

20 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Good call. WET debut too. He's got some good stuff amongst the piles of average stuff.