Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: ROXXI - "Drive It To Ya Hard"

AlphaMale

One of my best purchases in 1990 was the fine debut output from the band ROXXI. Bought this not knowing a thing about them. Ending up in constant rotation in the tape deck! 

Some of my favorites from this long forgotten gem:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deuce said:

I've seen the cover before, but I never listened to anything until today. Pretty cool stuff.

Cool man. That's really the point of these threads. To turn people on to the stuff they might have missed.

2 hours ago, martinsane said:

This one was a good one and the CD was high on everyone's wish lists for a time.

I was lucky enough to find a couple, kept one traded the other off years ago.

Enjoy these threads BTW.

Thanks bro! Just wish there was more discussion on the threads. 

One of my favorite small label releases of all time.......a 10 out of 10 in my book! And I STILL jam to this one!

• 4 years later...

Discovered this band 3 years ago by accident when YouTube randomly recommended the music video to Drive it to you hard, and managed to pick up a cheap copy of the album on CD.

Just decided to watch the video again for some random reason and found out guitarist Dave Sciammacco passed away in Feb.

RIP Dave.

https://deathobits.com/2022/02/22/dave-sciammacco-death-an-incredible-guitar-player-has-died/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Discovered this band 3 years ago by accident when YouTube randomly recommended the music video to Drive it to you hard, and managed to pick up a cheap copy of the album on CD.

Just decided to watch the video again for some random reason and found out guitarist Dave Sciammacco passed away in Feb.

RIP Dave.

https://deathobits.com/2022/02/22/dave-sciammacco-death-an-incredible-guitar-player-has-died/

Sad. R.I.P.

Yeah very good cd,as Glen said a little on the short side but for an indie its very very good,actually picked this up by contacting the singer Freddy years ago to see if they had any for sale :) and he did which was excellent(sent it and signed it), I actually did the same to get the Kid Cyote cd from Donny Taylor around the same time and that worked out also (came signed by the band plus he signed the cover & inside again to me  :) ) this was of course before the postal service started to bog the arm in) nice guys and good memories :drink:

• 1 year later...

From the Roxxi FB page:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

Kinda overrated...not bad though.I liked the guitarwork.

I'm sure one of the labels out there FNA etc...would be interested in releasing some of their demos and live stuff.