Commercials

AlphaMale

Boy, I could go on and on with the overly annoying commercials that they constantly play:

I absolutely despise the Verizon guy, the Holiday Road car commercials, and them damn creepy toilet paper bears.

What commercials grind your gears?

Adverts are annoying and intentionally so to "grab" your attention.

I like many others mute the tele when they come on and continually rant to the family that the adverts are for the things that you truly have no need for so that drives up the full court press to overload you.

What is even more annoying than the adverts is the fact that they are at least twice as loud as the program you were just watching and that the networks get sync'd up so you can't change the channel and watch something else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Here's one for Kentucky fried chicken from Australia back in the 70's. Hugo and Holly were their mascots at the time and I can remember having a Hugo and Holly coloring book when I  was about 4. Could you imagine KFC having an obese family as their mascots now! I'm sure the Aussie forum members of my vintage will remember this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I've noticed recently that youtube has started showing ads 1 of 2 and 2 of 2, with the first one being unskipable.  For Fuck's sake, we're getting these things in installments now!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 6:33 AM, Darkstone said:

I've noticed recently that youtube has started showing ads 1 of 2 and 2 of 2, with the first one being unskipable.  For Fuck's sake, we're getting these things in installments now!

Yup. YouTube has become unbearable.

• 7 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Commercials and infomercials are the bane of my existence. The last thing I would ever do is actively watch a home shopping network. After watching this video I can't help but think what I've been missing.

• 5 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, Darkstone said:

Commercials and infomercials are the bane of my existence. The last thing I would ever do is actively watch a home shopping network. After watching this video I can't help but think what I've been missing.

They can shop my network anytime they like. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Doggy said:

What about the Clive Palmer's ad to getting to Parliament ? Using Twisted Sister song, and say he had that song sounding a lot like is jingle.

The worst thing about that story is the fact that Dee Snider made such a big deal about it. They started airing just prior to his tour down here and I remember him being outraged and saying something along the lines of, "If my lawyers haven't sorted it out by the time I get there, then I'll sort it out personally". He came, he went and nothing. Could money have changed hands perhaps? 

What ever, anyone remember about 8 years ago Mr. Snider showed up in a Stanley Steamer commercial?? he's a total sell out, I mean at least Eddie Money did some funny shit when he did that Geico 2 Tickets To Paradise commercial, so you weren't thinking look at this fucking jagoff selling out, anyways I hate just about every commercial on TV unless they got a little bit of T&A, but the ultimate bottom of the barrel is the fucking Progressive commercials, I don't know if their trying to make people just fucking hate them so bad they just give up and say "for my own sanity I'm going to try and like these commercials, or im just going to lose my fucking mind and destroy everything in my house" that's all I can figure, maybe I just have no sense of humor, but I still after like 10 years of it, have yet to see one that's actually funny, their all fucking stupid, how do you make 10 years worth of commercials and not make at least 1 legitimately funny one? it blows my fucking mind, I did enjoy the old Geico Ads, remember with the voice-over guy? but that little lizards about as irritating as that stupid bitch in the Progressive commercials, I do find the medical ads highly entertaining, like has anyone seen that new ad for Peyronie's Disease? some disease that makes you have a huge bulge in your cock, then it bends completely to one side, no offense to anyone here who may have it, but it shows the cucumber with the gigantic curve in it, representing your cock, like holy shit, why don't they just show a dick? or sorry, a penis? they act like it's this great mystery, that only a cucumber can simulate, I also like the one for Valtrex, like it shows the dude windsurfing, and he looks at the camera and says "Ive got Herpes" then cuts to like a chick rock climbing " Ive got Herpes" then the token black dude, playing basketball(of course) "Ive got Herpes too" holy shit, now that's comedy, Progressive needs to pick up on that, like open with Flo saying " Ive got genital warts" then that dip shit dude whose just about as irritating as her, and he says  "Flo gave me genital warts" then just show both of them being fed to Alligators, now that would be the first funny Progressive Auto Commercial EVER! sorry to rant, what the fuck do I know anyways, those are probably everybody on here favorite commercials, right?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Here's an interesting one. There's a burger war happening in Australia at the moment. We have "Burger King" here in OZ, but for some reason it's called "Hungry Jacks". Anyway, a few weeks ago they launched their new burger called the "Big Jack". I read yesterday that McDonald's are suing. Rightly so, TBH. It's a bit cheeky.

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I have to say, the commercials on youtube are getting out of hand. Obviously they're trying to push "ad free" youtube premium, but I'm not paying for youtube. 

I normally don't have an issue with them. I can always skip.

The only time they really annoy me is when I'm listening to music. Sometimes while watching the tubes, I'll start watching a "mix". Even though the commercial only last for five seconds, when I'm in the groove, hearing a jingle just before the song I'm waiting for is like getting a light flashed in my eyes just before I see the Mona Lisa. 

I'm sure you all feel the same way.

It's very annoying.  

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Doggy said:

How may betting agencies  do we need, Dustin ? Almost second ad we get one. There was ruling that they cannot be shown during children time.

I have many vices, but luckily, gambling isn't one of them. 

11 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I have many vices, but luckily, gambling isn't one of them. 

I often kid, I literally have every addiction under the sun, and I'm being literal, the only major one I can honestly say I don't have is Gambling, and it's not because I am immune, I have looked at how every single thing on this planet has eventually consumed me, and it's not just the bad shit, I start working on shit and will sometimes have my assistant or my boss or a family member sometimes have to forcibly remove me from it, because I wont eat, or wont sleep, or i'll get stuck on something to long until I begin to fuck it up, everything, and I can honestly say, in my mind, I feel like gambling will be the death nail, heroin almost was, alcohol about did it, even in high school I worked out so much and didnt eat properly my body began to cannibalize itself, addictions are no joke, and I don't joke about them, just kidding I joke about anything I can.

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

There's a commercial that's been doing the rounds down here for a while now.

It's for a company called "Luv-a-Duck" (that's "Luv"). 

They've gone for a parody of the John Cusack 80s movie "Say Anything". The great thing about it is that they've created their own 80s style song to go with it. As far as commercial jingles go, it's not too bad.

I've posted the commercial followed by the full track.