Romeo Riot

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

Mr. John Kivel just dropped this little surprise on us this morning. Featuring Ty Sims, Jace Pawlak, Erik Johnson, Scott Miller, and Mark Giovi, they wrote, recorded, and are set to release their album later this month without any press. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/167212593289776?view=permalink&id=1721639317847088&ref=bookmarks

"Room to Run" 

https://soundcloud.com/kivel-records/romeo-riot-room-to-run

If the rest of the album is as good as this, this could be top 5 in a VERY good year.

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I was a bit on the fence with the first song but this trailer sounds pretty good.  Probably gonna have to order this....

Already Pre Ordered

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:37 AM, The Rocker said:

Already Pre Ordered

Where did you preorder? I can't find a link anywhere :( Its twice the price(£20) from AORHeaven due to postage :(

From John Kivel himself, but As of today I still have not received the cd

Was close to ordering but I never ordered this....Waiting to hear some thoughts though.

I kind of like the first song but still sort of one the fence.  I just want to hear another couple songs before buying this one.

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Was close to ordering but I never ordered this....Waiting to hear some thoughts though.

I kind of like the first song but still sort of one the fence.  I just want to hear another couple songs before buying this one.

I found that 1st song so good!  Just my style.

Just now, The Rocker said:

22810120_10212520065975083_1127391743_o.jpg

Has arrived!!!  First spin through, really good album!

Just so hard to get though,can't get a link at Kivel and AORheaven & Neh just too expensive postage wise atm for me,1 seller on ebay and its £16 postage!!! I'll wait lol

17 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Has arrived!!!  First spin through, really good album!

Haven't gotten mine yet....Should have it any day.

I'm not sure if I'll like it or not....Basically just took a flier on it.  I liked the first song Room To Run and the sneak peek trailer seemed to hold some promise.

I wished I could've heard another couple songs in full before buying to really make up my mind but everyone I've seen with the album has had good things to say.  And the trailer sounded okay.

We'll see...optimistic.

9 hours ago, lettard said:

Free cd holder too...nice lol ;)

Lol, had to buy my own holder!

6 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Haven't gotten mine yet....Should have it any day.

I'm not sure if I'll like it or not....Basically just took a flier on it.  I liked the first song Room To Run and the sneak peek trailer seemed to hold some promise.

I wished I could've heard another couple songs in full before buying to really make up my mind but everyone I've seen with the album has had good things to say.  And the trailer sounded okay.

We'll see...optimistic.

I think it is a really good album, but I do have to say that the single(Room To Run) is definitely my favorite song on it and is my style of song all the way.

6 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I think it is a really good album, but I do have to say that the single(Room To Run) is definitely my favorite song on it and is my style of song all the way.

oh. thats kind of put me off as that was only an 8/10 ish song for me. 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

oh. thats kind of put me off as that was only an 8/10 ish song for me. 

Glen as we both know, we enjoy much of the same but also like a bunch of different as well. It is a very good album.

Ok, 3 full spins straight through of the Romeo Riot and it is a great album! Anyone who knows me knows how I like my music. Not overly poppy but with a lot of commercial aspects to it (catchy sing along chorus' with great backing vocals, crunchy guitars with air guitar quality solos). I do believe they have achieved all of the above in this album. Opening track "Room To Run" is the perfect opener and a perfect example of what I like/love, as is my second fav of the album with the song "Cry"."Streets Of Babylon", "I Want To Try", and "Same" are great. "Every Now And Then" is a throw back to the 80's Power Balled and is one of the best ballads I've heard this year. I have not skipped a track yet and recommend this album to those who like this style of music. FarCry Meets Tango Down with old school 80's sound.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Got this today and have to agree...really good album.  A few times through and I dare say this is my favorite Kivel release.

It's super melodic, production sounds crispy clear, great vocals/harmonies and guitar work also stands out to me.

Room to Run has grown more on me and also really like Streets of Babylon, Sing It loud, Cry, Same...Also two ballads are really well done.

It's sort of like Tango Down meets Far Cry but honestly, feels better than either of those to me.  

Great stuff.