Jeff Scott Soto - Retribution

Stefan

20645255_10155110131748192_8073785934619

20621340_10155106027038192_7478040685318

From FB (August 8th):

BAM, it is DONE! Howie & I kicked ass in record time to complete my new solo album for Frontiers Music srl, we just signed off on the mastered version that will be delivered tomorrow morning! All the additional details will follow as well as trickles and singles but for now as they say, 'its a wrap'!

I think he mentioned that it's a "solo" album(Damage Control) and nothing like "Soto". Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

First single is this week I believe :)

Please be good, please be good, please be good!

For those without Spotify access there's a snippet here too:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/retribution/id1271719610

Seems like a decent song to me. Not quite what I was hoping for, but not bad either.

Seems like a decent song to me. Not quite what I was hoping for, but not bad either.

It's okay I guess. Not amazing but pretty solid.

Agree with you both, solid tune, but it lacks that killer hook that I've come to expect from a lead single of a JSS album

Um, better than those 2 "Soto" albums for sure, so solid is correct!

By the kindness and graciousness of Frontiers Records, I am able to share this moment with you…today is my brother Joey’s birthday and it won’t be one he’ll celebrate or remember.

As some of you may have read on my social media, Joey suffered a few heart attacks in January this year and has been left in a state where he is only alive with the assistance of machines and medical science.

When it 1st happened, the family and I were so distraught yet I needed an outlet to express how much I will miss him so I reached out to my dear friend Paulo Mendonca and asked if he could muster up the soundtrack of a song that I could drop these emotions into. Paulo knew exactly what to do and supplied me with this piece of music that I put my words to…and I called it ‘Song For Joey’.

I had other titles in mind but I always loved the Toto song ’Song For Jeff’ that they did for J Porcaro, since I shared the same name, I used the entendre of making sure the world knew who and what this song was about.

It was not intended for release, only for myself and my family to share but it dawned on me I needed to share this song with the rest of the world.

So on this day, Sept 4, a song not intended to use as a Single or promo for Retribution, I am sharing as a tribute and gift for my brother’s birthday, ‘Song For Joey’, Happy Birthday bro, I miss you!

Life can be a cruel thing. I wasn't aware of this situation and am very sorry to hear it.

Very nice, touching tune. A bit weird to say you "like" something so personal to someone for heavy reasons... but I think it's a great tune.

That background music sounds pretty rocking. Think this might be his heaviest solo album yet. Not surprising given his recent output. Still think it's gonna be great.

That background music sounds pretty rocking. Think this might be his heaviest solo album yet. Not surprising given his recent output. Still think it's gonna be great.

I hope so. After those two Soto discs..... it has to be better than that right?