Weathermen (and Women)

AlphaMale

I just don't understand how they consistently can be wrong on a semi-daily basis.

Called for 8 to 12 inches of snow..... minimum..... maybe more the longer it snows.

So I go outside around 11pm, it's not snowing anymore. About 3 inches on the ground. It's sleet.... and rain.... and freezing rain I guess.....

And it ends up doing that the rest of the night. The sleet adds and additional half inch.

Total forecast fail....... AGAIN.

I wish I could have a job.... be wrong most of the time... and still have a job!!

Rant over.

:taz:

• 2024 Gold Donors

I just don't understand how they consistently can be wrong on a semi-daily basis.

Called for 8 to 12 inches of snow..... minimum..... maybe more the longer it snows.

So I go outside around 11pm, it's not snowing anymore. About 3 inches on the ground. It's sleet.... and rain.... and freezing rain I guess.....

And it ends up doing that the rest of the night. The sleet adds and additional half inch.

I wish I could have a job.... be wrong most of the time... and still have a job!!

Rant over.

It's the same down here in Oz mate.

I've given up on relying on the extended forecasts. They change daily.

The only good thing about weather forecasts are the weather girls, especially the South American ones.

I get up for work early and usually get to catch Good Morning America and i have to confess that i think i'm in love with Ginger Zee.

Yep, just had two days off with my babies and my trusting in the weather forecast definitely caused the first day to be much less than it could have been. Overcast, cold and rainy was the weather forecast. Sunny, warm and clear (after some early cloud) was the day we faced, once we were out and about and without any of our beach gear. Very annoying.

Rant over.

This is the logical fallacy of "Impossible Expectations".

I'll admit they screw up quite often but getting the weather right, outside your door, every day would be unbelievable....where I live they make their predictions and usually they are right, however they may say 8 inches of snow in my area and I will get 3-4 inches but if I travel 5-10 minutes north I will see the 8 inches of snow or maybe they say it will rain and I'll have to travel a few miles east west or north to see the rain....being good enough that they can predict the exact weather for everyone of us will not happen....

I'll admit they screw up quite often but getting the weather right, outside your door, every day would be unbelievable....where I live they make their predictions and usually they are right, however they may say 8 inches of snow in my area and I will get 3-4 inches but if I travel 5-10 minutes north I will see the 8 inches of snow or maybe they say it will rain and I'll have to travel a few miles east west or north to see the rain....being good enough that they can predict the exact weather for everyone of us will not happen....

Why not?!?!?! They have all these exciting sophisticated computers and satellites.

Why not?!?!?! They have all these exciting sophisticated computers and satellites.

The only way for you to get a personal weather forecast would be for them to input your GPS co-ords into a central computer and compute it for you...maybe someday but not today...