RIP John Wetton

Glen

I actually have a John Wetton story. Back in 2007, Koogles, my buddy Brian and I went to Detroit to see Asia live. Those two are the biggest Asia / Wetton fans on Earth. At the end of the show, John threw his bass pick into the crowd and it landed at my feet....nobody noticed but me. Once we left the venue I pulled it out and tried to bribe the boys...they had to prove to me who was the biggest John Wetton fan. It was a fierce battle of knowledge and both were equally big fans. Although I think my buddy Brian ended it up with the pick.

RIP John

Although I find the Asia discography quite patchy, there is some great stuff in there and there's no doubt he had a great voice. May he rest in peace.

A sad sad loss yet again. Asia were one on my go to bands from their mighty debut, up until they split the first time round and his solo 'Battle Lines' is still a firm favourite and one of the best AOR albums of the 90's IMHO. A great vocalist, bass player and song writer who will be sadly missed.

Sucks...

They made it sound as though Wetton would joint the Asia / Journey Tour later this summer... I had no idea his health was that bad.

"Heat of the Moment" was absolutely HUGE in the early days of MTV, and my friends and I watched that video hundreds of times in 1982 / 1983 as it was in steady rotation.

Best wishes for his family and friends. He'll never be truly forgotten.

That's a bummer. I haven't listened to Asia in dog years but when I was a kid, their debut album was one of the first cassettes I ever owned.

R.I.P. sir.

Sad to hear this, Battle Lines is great for sure.

Another very sad day for the music scene. :( R.I.P., John!