The Wild Lies - Asteroid Central

Stefan

I'll check it out

• 5 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Well, it appears they lost their drummer, which was honestly what gave them an edge. He made them stand out.

• 10 months later...

Pass!!! What a shame.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

After the singles releases post Jacks out the box, I kinda gave up on them (just like they gave up on the material from that EP, even removing the videos for Falling and Relive the ride from youtube).

I bit the bullet last year and preordered their debuts album, but after weeks of posting pictures of it in shops etc and still not having received my copy (kept getting told "sorry, we are waiting for more stock"), I cancelled my order.

Finally plumped down some cash on a copy as I saw it cheap, and its fucking horrible. Not even remotely the same band that recorded that classic sounding EP. I have nothing against modern rock, and like a lot of bands in this sort of style, but when I know what these guys were capable of, I cannot get into this. All that was left from the original EP is the singer and bassist, which probably explains a lot.

As it stands though, the band announced last week that they are going on a hiatus (which is basically a polite way of saying breaking up).

5 years ago that would have saddened me, but now I could not care less. The band obviously did not give a shit about its fans. The preorder they dicked me around on was supposed to be the only way to get a signed copy (which I obviously never received), yet they are selling signed copies on their website. The change is style and total disregard for their early songs is also another sign of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
On 1/31/2018 at 5:04 AM, Captain Howdy said:

After the singles releases post Jacks out the box, I kinda gave up on them (just like they gave up on the material from that EP, even removing the videos for Falling and Relive the ride from youtube).

I bit the bullet last year and preordered their debuts album, but after weeks of posting pictures of it in shops etc and still not having received my copy (kept getting told "sorry, we are waiting for more stock"), I cancelled my order.

Finally plumped down some cash on a copy as I saw it cheap, and its fucking horrible. Not even remotely the same band that recorded that classic sounding EP. I have nothing against modern rock, and like a lot of bands in this sort of style, but when I know what these guys were capable of, I cannot get into this. All that was left from the original EP is the singer and bassist, which probably explains a lot.

As it stands though, the band announced last week that they are going on a hiatus (which is basically a polite way of saying breaking up).

5 years ago that would have saddened me, but now I could not care less. The band obviously did not give a shit about its fans. The preorder they dicked me around on was supposed to be the only way to get a signed copy (which I obviously never received), yet they are selling signed copies on their website. The change is style and total disregard for their early songs is also another sign of this.

I was just thinking about these guys the other day. Such a sad story. I wonder what the drummer is up to. He was the most talented in the band. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well the drummer on this is not the same as on the Jacks EP.

I think the singer and bassist are the only members to carry over to this album.

That's what I mean. I wonder where he went. 

• My Little Pony
18 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

more than likely either just went back to a day job or playing in some other little known band to be honest

Probably. It just annoys me when such young talent slips away so quietly. Like the old lead singer of Arion.