OD - changing the name to One Desire

Stefan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I just got this one today. Stunning! I didn't think anything would rival Tokyo Motor Fist for play in my cd player....but this one will. Top notch on every level, only ten tracks but not a sign of a filler anywhere in sight. To me this is a smash up of Eclipse with HEAT and cool dose of keys and modern pop à la Lovex on some tracks.

Stone me but the only song I like off the album is Hurt. The rest of it's just some pop garbage.

The track Buried Alive is pure Eclipse and Pretty Maids nothing to do with pop whatsoever.

Stone me but the only song I like off the album is Hurt. The rest of it's just some pop garbage.

The track Buried Alive is pure Eclipse and Pretty Maids nothing to do with pop whatsoever.

OK, that's a metalish song. Pop metal. ;)

OK, that's a metalish song. Pop metal. ;)

No, it's power metal :whistle:

For pop garbage there are some pretty serious guitar solos on there.

My first impression also was that it was very poppy...But I've moved away from that stance.

There's definitely some modern pop elements in some spots but also plenty of good rock moments and solos as Glen said.

I really like some of the solos in these songs....It's what gives the album the edge IMO.

I would like to see them doing more so he like Buried Alive though...Think these guys sound great on the heavier, edgier stuff.

Like I said above to tts, can you quickly post a small list of all the pop bands that sound like this. Would love to check them all out asap, as pop music is obviously vastly different where you live compared to here in Australia. Thanks, mate. Looking forward to the list. :)

Like I said above to tts, can you quickly post a small list of all the pop bands that sound like this. Would love to check them all out asap, as pop music is obviously vastly different where you live compared to here in Australia. Thanks, mate. Looking forward to the list. :)

Eclipse, Sturm und Drang, HEAT, Reckless Love... ;)

Nice, mate. You live in a sweet spot. So you don't need to buy CDs, then. Just turn on the radio! ;)

Nice, mate. You live in a sweet spot. So you don't need to buy CDs, then. Just turn on the radio! ;)

obviously when he says "pop" he means it's polished and radio-friendly songs. That does not necessarily mean they are actually being played on mainstream radio. I would definitely classify songs like Falling Apart as pop in format.

Pop or not, I would still raise a big glass of Lapin Kulta to this band... that is if i had any, heh heh

• 2 weeks later...

Love em all,the Sturm und Drang stuff is so hard to get in my part of the world and quite a lot of sounds like One Desire especially the newer material for obvious reasons :)

Eclipse to a T. Great tune, but I prefer One Desire being One Desire. ;)

Maybe cos it was written by Martensson ;)

And so was 'Apologize'.

Why does that song sound so familiar? Like it's been on the radio for five years and a hard rock band has just covered it? It's a big hooky tune, but actually one of my least favourite on the album. Just so... "typical" of the genre right now.

What Apologis(z)e ?

Ive already told u.....it sounds exactly the same as Wrecking Crew.

Yeah, 'Apologise.' I've heard the Wrecking crew song far less (by choice). This 'Apologise' song sounds so familiar, as in popular song familiar. Like an Adele or some other strong independent woman type of song.

• 5 months later...

Just re-visiting this today - what a great disc - really strong throughout with some huge hooks.

On a side note, this album was produced by the guitarist Jimmy Westerlund. Top top job - why this guy isn't in massive demand is beyond me - the album sounds a million bucks and I would imagine not on a massive budget. Tokyo Motor Fist should contact him for sure........this is what their album should sound like.

Super nice and humble guy too - I met him at their Borderline, London gig.

I have to agree this is the best produced Frontiers release of 2017.

The TMF production isn't great but isn't Crashdiet - Savage Playground bad either.