OD - changing the name to One Desire

Stefan

Have heard this album and really not doing much for me at all. It really has a pretty scandi, modern poppy feel throughout to me.

I feel the same and know exactly what you mean

Only difference being that I haven't heard the full album but only 3 tracks that were released. Also agree that it could be compared to Cruzh a little

I have to admit I'm warming to the album a little bit.

Really there are only two songs that I just don't like at all....Falling Apart and Straight Through Heart are have both turned into automatic skips for me.

On the other hand though, I really like Hurt, Apologize and Love Injection is a pretty infectious song even if it does start out pretty poppy. I also don't mind Turn Back Time and I've also warmed up to Whenever I'm Dreaming and like the song that follows it Do You Believe.

I do wish there were maybe one or two heavier numbers in addition to Buried Alive to give the album a little more edge. That one song is definitely comparable to Eclipse.

It's sort of a strange album and I think that's why I've struggled warming up to it. It's really sorta all over the place....There's poppy almost One Direction moments in some songs and then they turn around and hit you with some great heavier riffs in some other spots. There really are a lot of great hooks and harmonies though and it is a well put together album.

I still think these guys sound like a more mainstream version of Degreed.

I have to laugh a little. I had this playing with my 16 year old daughter in the car yesterday and she normally doesn't care much for what I listen to and she was commented...."This sounds pretty good" and she was singing Love Injection sitting in the living room last night. She told me I had to put that song on her phone.

I'd still rate Tokyo Motor Fist and Eclipse way above this album but it's a pretty good debut effort.

Jeez mate, you've been on a long ride with this one, even before anyone else got to hear it. I absolutely 100% do not understand how on earth you're dragging One Direction into comparison (really?! How? Which One Direction song sounds like this? Lead me to the album, please!).

But I also just don't get the "pop" direction in general. I am not sure what pop is like in your part of the world, but recommend some pop music to me that sounds like this, as I need to hear it asap! ;)

IMO, the best comparison is Sturm Und Drang (is the same singer obviously, but I also find this 'pop-metal' style similar, but more polished here).

Anyway, I like it a lot. And 'Straight Through The Heart' is a highlight for me (not claiming my opinion is right, just that works for me).

Oh wow, it's probably been mentioned, but I had no idea this was the singer from Sturm Und Drang. Cool fact. It probably is somewhere way in the depths of my mind, but it had been totally forgotten.

yeah love it, i also hear some modern elements here, the Cruzh and Degreed comparison are also spot on, but overall they lean into more Scandi melodic rock rather than modern pop, but overall as predicted, a good contender for the top spot in the first half, and maybe in the top 10 by the end of year.

oh and i think 'Whenever I'm Dreaming' is such a beautiful song but not much love for 'Apologize' and 'Straight Through The Heart'

'Turn Back Time' and 'Falling Apart' are huge too

Cruzh again? Where? How? I don't hear it at all. These guys are sooo much better than Cruzh. One might say they crush Cruzh.

Spun it a few times today and I love this album. I also think it might contend for the top spot in the early stages of the year. 'Love Injection' is probably now my favourite song of the year. Usually a song with a pre-chorus that amazing dies in the chorus, but the chorus is almost as good as the pre-chorus. Man, what a song. Absolutely love it.

Elsewhere, 'Whenever I'm Dreaming' and 'This is where the heartache begins' are my faves. Amazing tunes. 'Turn back time' is not far off the mark either. But this is a really, really good album.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too love all 4 songs I have heard and don't really get the Cruzh connection - I would agree One Desire are miiiiiles better.

The vibe I got (which probably no one else will agree with :lol:) was kind of Brother Firetribe crossed with Seven.....with a slightly metallic edge.

But I think its fair to say that One Desire just sound like One Desire.

Very much looking forward to Friday :)

And of course 22.04 when I will see them support Eclipse :banana:

It's not a short memory, mate... it's basically non-existent. It's terrible. Horrible. Those christians are just so silly! Oh whoops. What were we talking about? Strum and Desire or something... but yeah, it's cool. I honestly am not even sure I acknowledged the link from the first post, so I embrace it now and will not forget.

Jeez mate, you've been on a long ride with this one, even before anyone else got to hear it. I absolutely 100% do not understand how on earth you're dragging One Direction into comparison (really?! How? Which One Direction song sounds like this? Lead me to the album, please!).

But I also just don't get the "pop" direction in general. I am not sure what pop is like in your part of the world, but recommend some pop music to me that sounds like this, as I need to hear it asap! ;)

Yeah...I know I've been a long ride. It's just taken me awhile to warm up to this album but it's one I felt like I should've been liking more than I was so was just sorta talking myself through it here.....musical therapy LOL.

It's grown on me a lot though and does start out pretty strong with the first 3-4 songs. It dips a little still for me with Falling Apart and Straight Through the Heart but finishes strong with the last 4 songs.

I do still think there are some "poppy" moments in it with some techno sounds or whatever....Like the opening to Love Injection (I will say that song has been implanted in my head ). But there are also many good heavier riffs also that give it a little edge too.

Interesting album though and a good debut for these guys.

Really looking forward to this (and all the others released that day) to drop through my letterbox on Friday. Of all of them, this is getting first spin

Really looking forward to this (and all the others released that day) to drop through my letterbox on Friday. Of all of them, this is getting first spin

This.

I refuse to download these albims before release date. Very much looking forward to getting my discs :)

This.

I refuse to download these albims before release date. Very much looking forward to getting my discs :)

Yes!

This.

Apart from this,my hol,night ranger,eclipse,brother firetribe & steel panther should arrive from amazon next week cause I don't have prime :( bought dirty white boyz direct from escape and it arrived last Saturday a full week before official release(I think?)

Really nice auto tuner on the vocals.

Absolutely love this song.. so damn catchy... Keep playing it!

Love Injection..

My favourite too.

its catchy but I am not loving it as much as you guys, there are far better songs on the album imo

I'm with you (though saying 'far better' maybe is too much). I like more Hurt and Apologize.

Not for me either.

Lets be clear, there are no weak songs on this album but that track is sandwiched between some absolute monster tracks - Turn Back Time is a killer.....that will be one of the top choruses of the year

I stayed away from samples for the most part, because I wanted to take in the album as a whole. Am now giving it a thorough listen. Well...

First of all, anyone who doesn't like this album either has shit in their ears or in their brains. It's farking stuperb.

Seriously though, I don't see how someone here wouldn't dig this... unless they're just here for the death metal.

I also don't get the Cruzh comparison. This is infinitely better. Not even close.

Just listened to parts of most of these samples for the very first time. They all sound nice.... just not really my cup of tea.

Many (most) of these new bands all sound pretty much the same to me. I'm sure my father thought very the same thing back in 1983 when I was playing Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot and Night Ranger on my boombox while he was still spinning Ambrosia and Little River Band on his turntable.

Now I listen to Ambrosia and Little River Band more than Motley Crue and Quiet Riot :)