You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

T-BONE

This is the Flamefest... What better place to do some Flaming?

(Why did that sound weird?)

So... At work we have a crotchety 55 year old know-it-all that is so overly opinionated and under informed it's ridiculous... He uses his age to his advantage everywhere he can to push his "opinions" across as "facts". I'm sorry.... But if someone starts off a conversation or sentence with "I'm going to tell you something and I know I'm right on this....", you've already lost me.

He was moved to our end of the line to fill a spot where someone quit. I was sick of the guy before he even started down here. He's about as racist as one can get without putting on a white sheet and about as sexist as one can get as well. On top of that, he's so homophobic it's hilarious. You can't tell him anything, you can't show him anything, and you can't explain anything to him because he'll interrupt you mid sentence with how HE is going to do it. Lastly, in his own opinion and words, he's the hardest worker here...lolololololololololol

Why do the biggest slackers at every place I've ever worked always think they're the hardest workers and have to boast about it? Are they trying to convince me or themselves?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Tony to a friggin TEE!!!

We have a guy at the other end who is as big a "one-upper" and habitual liar as one can get. He always has "buddies" who have done this or that or own this or that and they're always one better or more extreme than whatever the subject started out as. His buddies have no identity and you wouldn't know them because they've moved away... How convenient...

Ken and Tony got into a "back/forth" discussion one day... It was scary. It made me wonder; if 2 one-uppers got into an argument, would it end in a double suicide?

Feel free to add your own Pet Peeves

If you want a pet peeve; my biggest at the moment is the monther fucking c*nts on the road - and it's most of them - who cannot use a fucking indicator anymore. Changing lanes, turning corners or into streets or driveways or parking spots... anything. So many c*nts just do not use the indicator anymore. I think it might come to a point where I end someone's life because of this. Is it really that fucking hard to use the fucking things? For fuck's sake.

Anyway, T-Bone, sorry to hear about your woes. My conversations/interactions with those types of people are always very one sided and brief as I edge away as immediately as I can.

I made this thread for everyone to share their woes... not just me. Lol

• My Little Pony

If you want a pet peeve; my biggest at the moment is the monther fucking c*nts on the road - and it's most of them - who cannot use a fucking indicator anymore. Changing lanes, turning corners or into streets or driveways or parking spots... anything. So many c*nts just do not use the indicator anymore. I think it might come to a point where I end someone's life because of this. Is it really that fucking hard to use the fucking things? For fuck's sake.

Yeah, and aren't you a courier? I don't envy folks who make their living on the road.

I usually call these people Toppers. Whatever ailment you have, their ailment is worse.

As I read this, I thought of John Cleese in 'Monty Python and The Holy Grail':

"She turned me into a newt!"

*crowd looks confused*

"Um ... I got better."

:)

Yeah, and aren't you a courier? I don't envy folks who make their living on the road.

Yep, that's probably why it gets to me so much. I really can't stand it. I feel like Jesus appeared when I was on holidays and gave everyone the ability to read people's minds, so all these c*nts think they don't need to indicate anymore because apparently everyone can read everyone else's minds these days? Makes me so angry...

And whilst on the road, people who do something stupid and incorrect, and then they blow their horn at you. Just actually makes me want to end their lives, no matter how minor the incident.

2 more days of Tony being himself. Comments on every fucking thing: even on stuff that doesn't concern him. It's constant. I don't know how this guy lived this long with a full set of teeth. Yes.... It's that bad. Everyone else is slow or a slacker. Nobody works harder than him. And he'll take 15 minutes to stand and talk to our other boaster about it too. Oddly enough, he's also a smoker and 5-8 minutes before EVERY break, he goes into the bathroom and comes out just in time for breaktime... Concidence?

He's on part time now because he can get his retirement, so I pressured the bossman to get someone else in that position that could work full time, so a new guy starts Monday. I can't wait.....

• My Little Pony

And whilst on the road, people who do something stupid and incorrect, and then they blow their horn at you. Just actually makes me want to end their lives, no matter how minor the incident.

Wholly shit! Yes!

Just last week I went through an intersection, and a bus -- a big f*cking transit bus! -- decided red lights don't apply to him, and almost t-boned me. And then he had the audacity to honk at me!

I'm with Geoff. Driving around all day, I see just about everything on the road, but it is people not indicating and worst of all Twats on Mobile phones that do my head in. I've had quite a few near scrapes, especially recently. There is absolutely no excuse and it's damn right dangerous. They deserve all they get, although it will probably be someone else that ends up getting fucked over rather than them.

I'm with Geoff. Driving around all day, I see just about everything on the road, but it is people not indicating and worst of all Twats on Mobile phones that do my head in. I've had quite a few near scrapes, especially recently. There is absolutely no excuse and it's damn right dangerous. They deserve all they get, although it will probably be someone else that ends up getting fucked over rather than them.

As a kind of 'sub-group' of 'twats on mobile phones' ... morons who own an enormous 4x4 ('Chelsea Tractor') and can't drive the bloody thing! I hate to generalise, but most of these people seem to be mothers ferrying their precious children from A to B (about 100yds, usually); they can't park - or seem to think that they can park wherever the hell they like (to save wear and tear on their child's legs), they daren't go through a gap that isn't AT LEAST twice as wide as the vehicle they're driving ... and they're normally on the phone THE WHOLE DAMN TIME!

At the other end of the spectrum, bell-end teenagers who drive everywhere at 60mph ...

:rant:

Morons who can't bear to take their eyes off their phone - even when they're walking along the pavement. No, that's okay - I'LL get out of YOUR way! :rant:

Morons who can't bear to take their eyes off their phone - even when they're walking along the pavement. No, that's okay - I'LL get out of YOUR way! :rant:

And dickheads in general who think pedestrians have right of way on the road (outside of designated crossings). And that goes both ways. The dickhead pedestrians who think they can walk anywhere any time, and equally, the dickhead drivers who let them do it. Just run the c*nts over, seriously. Not that I have - run someone over - but I make a point not to stop for the dumb c*nts either.

Cell phones and the idiot's who can't put them down. Nothing piss's me off anymore than to go to the gym and these morons have the equipment tied up and they are texting! Example, went to bench Monday night and here's 2 rubber necks on the bench and they are texting in between sets. I asked how many more sets they had and they replied just a couple. Well 20 minutes go by and they decide to head to the water fountain and of course they are on the phones. At this point we took the bench,threw their crap out of the way and strarted warming up. They insisted that we give them the bench back after some nice conversation they left the gym. I hate how people have gotten so damn dependant on those phones!!!! I won't even start on the idiots who drive and text! That's my rant for now!!!!!

I hate cell phones...don't own one and have no plans to ever own one...I may pick up a cell phone jammer though...just to see the looks on peoples faces when they loose connection....

I hate 'em too and I don't own one and I never will either. I've got by all these years without one and I'm fine without it. :)