NELSON - New Album ''Peace Out''

simo

The thing is, as you read those lyrics you basically sing the song - tell me if im wrong?? The hook is mountainous.

Dont even try to compare Nelson with PBF.

That songs smokes anything on electric toys.

Struggling to see whats a filler on After The Rain - to me its pretty sublime the whole way through.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, as you read those lyrics you basically sing the song - tell me if im wrong?? The hook is mountainous.

Dont even try to compare Nelson with PBF.

That songs smokes anything on electric toys.

Struggling to see whats a filler on After The Rain - to me its pretty sublime the whole way through.

I agree 100%. I don't hear any filler on the album and I'm not even going to get into trying to compare them to PBF...

No fillers on Nelson's debut? Are you guys serious? Fillers on the Nelson debut:

'I can hardly wait' - not terrible, but a very weak, poppy AOR tune. Not my kind of thing at all. Filler for sure.

'More than ever' - need I say more? Yeah, I sing along as I read the lyrics but it's like I sing along to 'Who let the dogs out' whenever I see that title. Doesn't mean that songs not terrible, even if it's got a very distinct hook. Honestly, if this is better than anything on the PBF album I will personally hand out ear transplants.

'Desire' - seriously, is someone here honestly going to tell me this is not an out and out piece of shit filler. It'd be struggling to scrape up a 2 or 3/10 for me. Rubbish song. If you can honestly defend the worth of this song to me I will send you one of my testicles in the mail.

'Fill you up' - again, this is just terrible. Very annoying, gay hook. The kind of thing two gay guys would write as a joke and record for a 'South Park' parody or something.

And just to be fair, I'll list the fillers on Pretty Boy Floyd's debut:

(blank)

Sorry dudes, couldn't even kid around and pick my least favourite song on the album. To each their own, but for me the PBF album will score at least a full 20% better than the Nelson one.

No fillers on Nelson's debut? Are you guys serious? Fillers on the Nelson debut:

'I can hardly wait' - not terrible, but a very weak, poppy AOR tune. Not my kind of thing at all. Filler for sure.

'More than ever' - need I say more? Yeah, I sing along as I read the lyrics but it's like I sing along to 'Who let the dogs out' whenever I see that title. Doesn't mean that songs not terrible, even if it's got a very distinct hook. Honestly, if this is better than anything on the PBF album I will personally hand out ear transplants.

'Desire' - seriously, is someone here honestly going to tell me this is not an out and out piece of shit filler. It'd be struggling to scrape up a 2 or 3/10 for me. Rubbish song. If you can honestly defend the worth of this song to me I will send you one of my testicles in the mail.

'Fill you up' - again, this is just terrible. Very annoying, gay hook. The kind of thing two gay guys would write as a joke and record for a 'South Park' parody or something.

(blank)

Sorry dudes, couldn't even kid around and pick my least favourite song on the album. To each their own, but for me the PBF album will score at least a full 20% better than the Nelson one.

Are you being serious??

'Desire' and 'Fill You Up' are 2 of my fav songs EVER. My favourite part of 'Desire' is just before the solo, just f awesome....when he goes 'when I think of you I'm driven by desire'....straight into the solo. Awesome vocals, awesome everything....just about as good as it gets in my book.

Both bonafide 10/10 tracks.

Note even a sniff of a doubt........

(blank)

Are you being serious??

'Desire' and 'Fill You Up' are 2 of my fav songs EVER. My favourite part of 'Desire' is just before the solo, just f awesome....when he goes 'when I think of you I'm driven by desire'....straight into the solo. Awesome vocals, awesome everything....just about as good as it gets in my book.

Both bonafide 10/10 tracks.

Note even a sniff of a doubt........

Oh wow... are you being serious? If you rated them 7 I'd be all like "OMFG, you're fucking out of your mind!!!" Rating them 10/10 actually means I will be staying up tonight and calling psychiatrists in your area to come and tend to you. You are obviously very ill. I can't believe you have the bollocks to be embarrassed to listen to Issa and call PBF lame when you give absolute trash like that 10/10. You shock me, genuinely.

OK mate, let's just see who else replies to this thread and rates those 2 songs as 3/10 and then we'll see who's mad ;-)

I think the men in white coats might actually be coming for you ;-)

:whistle:

OK mate, let's just see who else replies to this thread and rates those 2 songs as 3/10 and then we'll see who's mad ;-)

I think the men in white coats might actually be coming for you ;-)

:whistle:

I'll take you up on that challenge. Say a nice farewell to all that you love, because your only friends for the next few months will be four padded walls. :lol:

Right come on guys - roll up...........lay down your ratings for 'Desire' and 'Fill You Up' and we'll see whose going to be institutionalised............

Those 2 songs are NOT 3/10

Both songs are in the 6 to 7 range for me........they're very sterile middling pop rock songs. Albeit, they do have nice tasty solos.....I'll definitely give them that, but there's no meat to either of the two songs in question. Nothing grabs me. For me, I have to look back and compare them to what was out at that time....and so many albums just slayed this poofy stuff, that I wasn't even bothered to pay much attention. So, my rating back then would have been much lower......lol

Then....as I became a collector and dedicated a large portion of my life to this style of music, did I actually buy the album and listen to it in earnest. I remember that was probably the late 90's......and there was so much shit out at that time that you couldn't help but enjoy anything remotely melodic and rock! lol

Those 2 songs are NOT 3/10

Fair point. I did say 2 or 3, so perhaps we'll call them 2/10 instead? ;)

Congrats Geoff, you've just taken 2 steps to the nuthouse ;-)

Nah, I don't agree. Both dudes said the songs suck, but just that my rating of 3 is a little harsh. Let's just say, that I think 95% of people will agree the songs are closer to a 5/10 than they are a 10/10.

I still actually can't believe after everything we discuss that you would honestly rate songs of this calibre a 10/10. It honestly blows my mind.

Nah, I don't agree. Both dudes said the songs suck, but just that my rating of 3 is a little harsh. Let's just say, that I think 95% of people will agree the songs are closer to a 5/10 than they are a 10/10.

I still actually can't believe after everything we discuss that you would honestly rate songs of this calibre a 10/10. It honestly blows my mind.

I also rated 'After The Rain' and 'Everywhere I Go' 10/10 as well.

I dunno, I just love this album..............always have.

I also rated 'After The Rain' and 'Everywhere I Go' 10/10 as well.

I dunno, I just love this album..............always have.

Yeah, I figured you definitely must have a soft spot for it that I doubt anyone else does. Don't get me wrong, I love the good songs on the album, but I can't gloss over what I think are some awful songs too.

'After the rain' is the probably best song on here, possibly only after 'Bits and Pieces.' But I'm surprised again by the suggestion that I assume you think 'Desire' and 'Fill you up' are the 3rd and 4th best songs on the album? Really? Better than 'Love and affection,' 'Time will tell,' 'Bits and Pieces' and 'Will you love me?' Craziness.

Just had a re listen and IMO 'Desire' = 4/10 and 'Fill You Up' = 4/10.

Sorry Glen. Would you like me to iron your shirts before you check in, or do we just agree that they won't need to be ironed where you're going?

Out of interest I just checked the main page and this album scores an average of 83% across 42 ratings.

If these 2 songs are generally considered to be 4/10 that means the others average circa 9.1/10...........

Interesting.

I'm glad to see the general concensus is far more accurate ;-)

Out of interest I just checked the main page and this album scores an average of 83% across 42 ratings.

If these 2 songs are generally considered to be 4/10 that means the others average circa 9.1/10...........

Interesting.

Yeah it is a great album that's for sure. At least a handful of killer songs but definitely some filler.

Interesting.

I'm totally enjoying your banter with Geoff...but to play devil's advocate, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people who vote on those things usually like the album and will vote as such. I would think that people that didn't care for it wouldn't even click on the album cover to get to the point of voting....lol

So.....I wouldn't say that's a general consensus....but you guys continue, it's totally making me smile!

Interesting.

I'm totally enjoying your banter with Geoff...but to play devil's advocate, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people who vote on those things usually like the album and will vote as such. I would think that people that didn't care for it wouldn't even click on the album cover to get to the point of voting....lol

So.....I wouldn't say that's a general consensus....but you guys continue, it's totally making me smile!

Not entirely correct though.

People who voted will consist of two types :

1. the real fans of that album or Nelson or

2. fans of hard rock and AOR in general.

now by mixing these two, we can get a nice picture of 'general consensus' of that album because it's pointless to invite another 50 people who hates Nelson or hates hard rock and AOR in general, don't you think ?