Mecca - III

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

Well that caught my be surprise. I'm used to them being a very average band but that's not a bad song at all. Quite good, in fact.

• 1 month later...

Ordered my copy yesterday. Looking forward to this one.

Did you get that special edition?

You mean that special "Free" edition?

No, I pay for all CD's in my collection.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the Karpeted One was piggybacking on my comment...

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

3 good tunes so far - sounding like a winner

Real shame its only 8 tracks - this could be the shortest album in history given that last track is just over 3 mins!!

Danko Jones' early albums were only around twenty minutes. A bunch of songs didn't even crack the two minute mark.

• 1 month later...

Best pure AOR record of the year by far....a cracking record, way too short at 32 minutes, but a cracker all the same.

Best pure AOR record of the year by far....a cracking record, way too short at 32 minutes, but a cracker all the same.

How do the remaining tracks stack up?

Majorly consistent.. all 8 are great, but my faves are 'Alone' and 'Cry'. Production is tops and the vocals are to die for in places. It's pretty laid back throughout though, so you won't be getting your tennis racket out anytime soon ;). As I said, too bad they couldn't add a couple of tracks to this, as even though this is a filler free 30+ a bit minutes, it's way way too short...i've got EP's nearly as long.

I think adding up 2 killer tracks will benefit this album better, for now, it's a solid 75-80% album, not too far off from the debut but I like the debut better. Frankly, it's been a while since I heard the second album, but I think all three are quite similar in terms of score, and also sound.

• 3 months later...