Satin - s/t

Stefan

1959475_223886384477309_6979740555456766

This is excellent! Never heard of him before.

From www.verummusic.com:

Satin has finished the long awaited debut album simply titled 'SATIN'. Comprised of 10 melodic feel-good rock songs written and produced by Satin himself. This album has a total listening time of approximately 44 minutes. Being an 80's child, both music and production will naturally reveal some elements from the 80's, blended tastefully with a full modern sound. The album was mastered in New York by Grammy Award Winning senior mastering-engineer Tom Coyne (Adele, U2, Def Leppard, Michael Jackson, George Michael, Pink, Beyoncè, Bee Gees).

The lyrical content on this album touches on subjects like choices, strength, life and love. Great vocal performances and melodic guitar work further enhances the already strong melodies. It starts of with the big and very catchy "Fire The Shot". The emotional impact caused by the beautiful ballade "Don't Know The Words" is immense. Satin tells all in the epic rocker "I've Been Crazy" and shares his point of view in "Life Will Never Slow Down".

Satin has been a part of various projects over the years which has not just given him a great deal of experience and important lessons, but also earned him a Norwegian Grammy in 2013. Satin has delivered an amazing debut album so be sure to give it a well-deserved listen.

https://www.facebook.com/officialsatin

Tracklist:

01. Fire The Shot
02. Don't Know The Words
03. I've Been Crazy
04. Life Will Never Slow Down
05. I Want Us
06. Friends
07. Some People Call It Love
08. Leave It Be
09. Part Of It
10. I Don't Need Anybody

The album is good, but has the odd lull and suffers from a thin production (not surprisingly)....decent effort though and some of the hooks are nice.

I checked out a couple of tracks and it's not bad......but, the old man has one question! Is this just one of those download things or is there a CD out there somewhere?

No CD, then going nowhere in my book.

Heard this today and it's pretty nice. Nothing truly amazing, but it's very good in patches, though Glen is right about a couple of lulls too. Lyrics and songwriting is pretty basic, but it's nice for what it is. At times it kind of reminds me of a much lesser version of that Dallas EP project a couple of years ago. Although to me that is literally a "classic" as far as I'm concerned, and this is not even close, there's a slightly similar vibe.

I checked out a couple of tracks and it's not bad......but, the old man has one question! Is this just one of those download things or is there a CD out there somewhere?

No CD, then going nowhere in my book.

I think its download only...

• My Little Pony

The guy sounds a bit lot like Robert Ernlund. Sounds decent so far.

And speaking of Dallas, what the hell happened there? Is he planning to follow it up?

This release will be available on CD shortly, apparently there's no cd pressing of this available thus far even as promos. I geta slight old Bon Jovi vibe on the vocals through out the album which isn't a bad thing atleast for me :D

May already know about the release date?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not bad I guess, a little basic sounding at times, nothing ground breaking that's for sure.

Hey Geoff and Karpet, fill me in on this Dallas EP- I can't recall that one?

• My Little Pony

Not bad I guess, a little basic sounding at times, nothing ground breaking that's for sure.

Hey Geoff and Karpet, fill me in on this Dallas EP- I can't recall that one?

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=29435&hl=%2Bdallas+%2Bover+%2Bthe+%2Bedge

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

From FB:

Happy new year everybody !! And YES! there will be new some new music from me in 2017 !!! Thanks a lot for all your support and I really hope you keep on rockin' - I KNOW I WILL

Meanwhile, a great tune from the debut:

• 9 months later...

This was re-released this year but be aware....CD-R :(

www.verummusic.com

From Discogs:

Satin (13) ‎– Satin

Label:
Verum Music ‎– 60KCD01
Format:
CDr, Album, Repress 
Released:
Genre:
Style:
AOR

Tracklist

1 Fire The Shot  
2 Don't Know The Words  
3 I've Been Crazy  
4 Life Will Never Slow Down  
5 I Want Us  
6 Friends  
7 Some Call It Love  
8 Leave It Be  
9 Part Of It  
10 I Don't Need Anybody  

Companies, etc.

Credits

Notes

Pro-CD-R. First press were sold out by 2015, so a repress was available in May 2017 (source: Satin's Facebook site).