Room Experience - s/t

Stefan

Just listened through on Spotify........what is there 5, 6 ballads in 11 songs.

Zzzzzz.

No thanks.

Yes, WAY too many ballads.

I quite enjoyed my first spin. On paper too many ballads doesn't phase me. Too many crap ballads is a problem, but if they're all good songs I'm happy. The early issue here did appear to be that probably 2 of the 5 ballads could have been omitted, or swapped for more uptempo songs. BUT, aside from that, everything else seemed to be really quite good here.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of Readman's voice and I'm particularly unsure if it's suited to this style of music, but there is some very good stuff on here. Excellent, in places.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still like this one, but stand by my earlier claims that I don't think Readman's voice suits this material too well. I think that the same songs with a better vocalist would have produced a really great album. I like it as it is... could have been better.

I've always liked PC69 too, and never thought I ever had an issue with Readman. But I dunno, I just really dislike his vocals on this one.

Ive gone right off his vocals....on anything.

Haha, is it weird to be comforted by a second opinion on this matter? Though I might be alone on this one. I don't know what it is; I never had an issue with him before but it's definitely become an issue. Where did it come from...?

• 4 months later...

From FB:

OK...time for some official news.

Room Experience will be released in a special Japanese Edition on July 13.

We would like to thank Shigeyuki Yoshimura and Anderstein Music for this awesome opportunity.

The Japanese release will feature a slightly different cover art, a different booklet and, of course, all of the songs that has been released until now, plus an acoustic version of Run To You with another special guest on guitars: please welcome the axeman from 90s canadian band Lipstik, mr. Charles V. Rox and engineer Morris Joseph Tancredi (who already worked with Billy Ray Cyrus and Dolly Parton).

More news to come soon!

13007156_501114016764041_602179488605925

• 1 month later...

From FB:

OK...time for some official news.

Room Experience will be released in a special Japanese Edition on July 13.

We would like to thank Shigeyuki Yoshimura and Anderstein Music for this awesome opportunity.

The Japanese release will feature a slightly different cover art, a different booklet and, of course, all of the songs that has been released until now, plus an acoustic version of Run To You with another special guest on guitars: please welcome the axeman from 90s canadian band Lipstik, mr. Charles V. Rox and engineer Morris Joseph Tancredi (who already worked with Billy Ray Cyrus and Dolly Parton).

More news to come soon!

13007156_501114016764041_602179488605925

From FB:

Hello World..

here's to all those who couldn't get the Limited Edition released last year by Melodic Rock Records. (And to anyone else) ;)

You have another chance with the Japanese edition, released by Anderstein Music on July 13.

It features this and 3 more bonus tracks.

• 7 months later...