Hell In The Club - finally recording new CD

Jeff

yes, I did a Search for "Hell In The Club" and didn't see anything so if I missed a thread, piss off. :quagmire:

Was just listening this morning to 2011's Let The Games Begin which was a very solid release....I wondered if these guys were together and if anything new was on the horizon and according to their website and FB page they are recording soon:

NEW ALBUM RECORDINGS!!!

“We can finally announce some info about ourNEW ALBUM! The recordings will start on March 15th @Authoma Studios (Italy) where the album will be fully recorded and mixed. The tracks will then be mastered by Dragan Tanaskovic @Bohus Sound (Hardcore Superstar, In Flames, The 69 Eyes, etc.). Talking about the cover, US artist Justin Osbourn @Slasher Design has already started drawing the artwork and from what we’ve seen it’s gonna be fuckin’ awesome! We’re going to record all the 14 songs we have prepared during the looong pre-production phase so that we can choose the final tracklist after everything is done. We can’t wait to start!!! We’ll keep you updated with pics and videos of the recordings on our Facebook page and on the official site! For UK fans, see you on tour with CRASHDIET and JETTBLACK! RNR!!!”
– Dave, Andy, Picco, Fede

Nice, I enjoyed the debut. Hoping it is a continuation of that.

Thats actually very old news, so they should already be well into the recording or finished by now.

The Jettblack/Crashdiet tour (where I first heard them) was back in April last year.

Here, they moved on to "mixing", from their FB page, so they are not finished, but getting there. And yes, it is from January 29, 2014.

and after a couple of last touches to the guitar tracks.. we are finally MIXING the new album... yes we are! we can't even believe it ourselves..!!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From FB:

We can finally reveal the details and the cover artwork of our upcoming new album ‘DEVIL ON MY SHOULDER’, out November 4th, 2014 on Scarlet Records

Tracklist:
01. BARE HANDS
02. DEVIL ON MY SHOULDER
03. BEWARE OF THE CANDYMAN
04. PROUD
05. WHORE PAINT
06. POLE DANCER
07. WE ARE THE ONES
08. SAVE ME
09. TOXIC LOVE
10. MUSE
11. SNOWMAN SIX
12. NO MORE GOODBYES
13. NIGHT

‘Devil On My Shoulder’ is a powerful, exciting album that displays strong songwriting capabilities, top notch musicianship and meaningful lyrics (one song is based on Daniel Pennac’s ‘La Saga Malausséne, another one on the brilliant and shocking novel "Mani Nude" by Italian writer Paola Barbato), in the vein of the great heavy/rock albums of our times. ‘Devil On My Shoulder’ was produced by Simone Mularoni (DGM, Empyrios) at Domination Studios in San Marino. Cover artwork was made by Justin Osbourn of Slasher Design (Suicide Silence, Municipal Waste, 3 Inches Of Blood). Band logo by Alessandro Conti

p1924ghclb1ipm1pf026m97nabg4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, second half of the year is coming on really strong!

• 3 weeks later...

The opening two tracks on this CD are the best two first songs on any CD released so far in 2014. Killer opening. The 3rd track is so out of place it's very stupid. The song is absolute shit and could have been a real momentum killer. Thankfully, it's the only of it's kind and the rest of the CD goes on to be awesome.

I think this is a lot better than the debut and unexpectedly, a really strong album. If I offered up an "it's awesome but..." criticism, it would be that you could argue that the style and vibe of most of the choruses is very similar. There are a lot of lyrics in the choruses and some similar deliveries. They just sound "busy" at times. But that's only a minor point. I do think this is a great disc and it'll rate accordingly.