No More Crue?

Gibbo

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/29/motley-crue-sign-death-pact-retirement

A nice bit of advertising ahead of their 'last ever' tour ... :)

What annoys me with all the hype leading up to this is the same as the last time they did a hype lead up, once again anyone outside of America is left feeling let down.

Yeah at least this time, unlike the Vegas residency, the rest of the world is told it will be a world tour, but seeing as its only January and we are told 2015 is when the rest of the world is likely to start seeing the tour, then we are left waiting again.

Surely seeing as they did the Vegas thing not long ago, it would have made more sense to start the tour in another country, then return to the USA to finish off on home soil.

Also, absolutely no mention was made of a new studio album, which is something else everyone wanted to hear.

We were told about a country music tribute album, with country artists covering Crue songs (which I kinda like the sound of, so sue me), but most Crue fans are not going to buy that.

And we were also told that The Dirt is finally going into production, but that just means we will probably be waiting another 2 to 3 years to see that as well.

Lot of hype over very little really.

Does anyone really care at this point? When the boys are hitting 60 plus its time to retire IMO

Yeah I care. I'm a huge Crüe fan and if you have seen them live in the last couple of years they still got it.

IMO, this is about Mick. Period.

Does anyone really care at this point? When the boys are hitting 60 plus its time to retire IMO

Yeah I care. I'm a huge Crüe fan and if you have seen them live in the last couple of years they still got it.

I'd have more respect for them if they came out and said that this was about Mick ... it's no secret that the poor bastard's health is failing.

Mick and Vince are 52, Nikki 55. No idea how old Mick is 62.

Aerosmith are older and can still rock live. Dio was older when he died, and could still rock live. Alice Cooper is older, and can still rock live,

Being over 60 does not mean you need to call it a day.

I have seen Crue several times since 2005, with the last being in 2012, and they are still great.

Lots of people care, which is why they still sell out arena tours around the world.

I'd have more respect for them if they came out and said that this was about Mick ... it's no secret that the poor bastard's health is failing.

I agree. And it has nothing to do with his age. This is definitely about his health & the fact that they don't want to go on with a replacement should something awful happen.

Meh. It's about damn time. Mick Mars is what, 127 years old? The poor bastard can barely stand upright anymore.

• My Little Pony

Shit. It looks like the tour ends in Vancouver. But - BUT! - it's $100 for any decent ticket. I'll have to talk this over with the boys.

• My Little Pony

How much is an indecent ticket ?

Well, $35 is the cheapest, and that gets you into the nosebleeds. $66 is the next price range, and that's only a slightly "better" section in the nosebleeds.

Sixx also confirmed what Vince Neil said yesterday, that even though the Crue are embarking on their Final Tour, they will continue to record, even if they’re released as one-off songs instead of albums. “Me and Mick [Mars] have been working on some ideas and in a day and age of spending 6 – 9 months recording a new album that falls on deaf ears,” he continued. “We’re looking for songs that we write to reach more people, hence our relationship with Dodge and sponsors. we think getting less music out to more people is more important than getting more music out to less people.”

Read More: Nikki Sixx Offers Justin Bieber Career Advice | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nikki-sixx-justin-bieber-advice/?trackback=tsmclip

I bought my tickets today for STL and they are not cheap except the lawn. I'm in the center but the back part...$104 a ticket.

Ouch. :yikes:

Last time I paid that much for a concert ticket, it was for Iron Maiden.

• My Little Pony

Last time I paid that much for a ticket was about 10 years ago. Try buying a concert ticket here in Australia. You're looking at $us150+ for a descent ticket. I'd go to so many more shows at $100.

Shit! Even for local acts?

Last time I paid that much for a ticket was about 10 years ago. Try buying a concert ticket here in Australia. You're looking at $us150+ for a descent ticket. I'd go to so many more shows at $100.

Shit! Even for local acts?
No that's for big bands.... Crüe , jovi , Metallica, etc and whoever is big at the time (pink, ....etc) etc. basically arena or stadium shows.

Mid level club shows are around the $60 mark. (Airbourne, crashdiet, ...) upcoming skid row / ugly kid joe club shows are $aud75, so about $us65-70.

Local bands at the local bar $10-$15