Xbox One or PS4

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bro! I bet if you saved, you could afford one, saving is a tremendous thing, I am a saver, I save and save, until finally I have to use it, cause whats the point in saving it, if im never going to use it? it's kind of like a double negative.

• My Little Pony

Hey bro! I bet if you saved, you could afford one, saving is a tremendous thing, I am a saver, I save and save, until finally I have to use it, cause whats the point in saving it, if im never going to use it? it's kind of like a double negative.

That ain't no double negative.

Ok, I was only ever gonna go for the PS4 and X Box one was never a consideration, but today I read some things that enforces why I will be going the Sony route.

On the current gen its quite normal for most games to run at 720 rather than being full 1080 HD, but you would expect that with one of the main driving points of the next gen being the graphics, that all or most games would run at 1080 from now on. Apparently not. Two of the biggest games (Call of duty and Battlefield) have both confirmed they will look better on the PS4 as they run at a native 1080, but on the One they will only run at 720 upscaled to 1080.

I know these are outside developers (Activision and EA) but it proves the rumours that the PS4 this time is the easier to program for.

Now if the MS exclusives like Halo have the same resolution, it shows that there is issues with the machine.

You will still be able to use the online browser and use Netflix etc without paying for PS+.

Which I believe you need an Xbox Live Gold membership to use on Xbone.

And let's not forget all the fecking ads on Xbox Live. I couldn't believe that. I'm paying $60 a year, and you're still gonna throw ads at me?

One of the reasons that it took so long to get BBC iPlayer on the 360 was that the BBC said it had to be available to all owners and MS said they only wanted it for Live gold members. MS finally relented.

I imagine most games will be running 1080, you know it's still relatively new to gaming consoles, I know the 1st couple go arounds with it, didnt come out as good as had been planned, they ran to slow, would get hung up in parts of the game with alot of action and graphic strain going on, which would cause the game to hit the breaks in certain parts, (you know the frustrating game drag) I believe the new consoles are using better dithering and faster processing, and are now up to snuff to be able to use that kind of power to process games in 1080, if im not mistaken Rockstar North in Scotland has been developing all their games lately in 1080, which means the new GTA 5 could be ran in 1080, also the long awaited almost forgot about game from Rockstar North(IMO the greatest video game developers ever)Agent, which is still in development, (the chinese democracy of games)and not only will it be full 1080, I believe it is being developed for 3-D as well, so I look for a 3-D upgrade to one of the consoles coming down the line.

Games, Games, Games. For me that's what it boils down to. For the game I play exclusively-about 3 out of every 4 hardcore players use the Xbox 360. It is the default console for tournaments. If you wanna play the best you have to stay on the Xbox.

Titanfall looks good too. Just might have to pick that up in March.

I cant believe that you guys spend so much on these gaming consoles? The games are so damned expensive. Only games I play these are free on my phone.

I only buy 1 game a year. That's all I play. So it actually only costs me $60. I know this will sound sacrilegious on this site. If I were forced to give up my cd collection for the game I would easily give up the cds.

I imagine most games will be running 1080, you know it's still relatively new to gaming consoles, I know the 1st couple go arounds with it, didnt come out as good as had been planned, they ran to slow, would get hung up in parts of the game with alot of action and graphic strain going on, which would cause the game to hit the breaks in certain parts, (you know the frustrating game drag) I believe the new consoles are using better dithering and faster processing, and are now up to snuff to be able to use that kind of power to process games in 1080, if im not mistaken Rockstar North in Scotland has been developing all their games lately in 1080, which means the new GTA 5 could be ran in 1080, also the long awaited almost forgot about game from Rockstar North(IMO the greatest video game developers ever)Agent, which is still in development, (the chinese democracy of games)and not only will it be full 1080, I believe it is being developed for 3-D as well, so I look for a 3-D upgrade to one of the consoles coming down the line.

Not at the moment. The One is apparently tougher to program for so two of the biggest releases (Call of duty and Battlefield) will only run at 720 upscaled to 1080 but will both run at a native 1080 on the PS4. Its a huge knock when you consider one of the biggest selling points of the next gen is their advanced graphics.

And as for GTA 5, it only runs at 720 with no plans to put it on the next gen as it was in development long before the next gen were announced or made available to developers.

Rockstar have stated multiple times that they have no plans to do a version for the next gen, hell they wont even confirm a PC version.

Upscaling to 1080 is never going to look as good as native 1080.

If you wanna play the best you have to stay on the Xbox.

This made me laugh.

You get just as many good players on a PC or an PS3 as you do on an X Box and just as many shit players on an X Box as you get on the PC and PS3.

There is no such thing as one system having the best.

• My Little Pony

This made me laugh.

You get just as many good players on a PC or an PS3 as you do on an X Box and just as many shit players on an X Box as you get on the PC and PS3.

Yeah, I had a laugh, too. If you're talking about Halo, then, yeah, you have to stick with Microsoft. Personally, I have no time for those types of games anymore. If I'm playing a multiplayer shooter, give me Battlefield. I need team-based, class-dependent, objective-focused action. I don't care about K/D ratio, and headshots.

As for onloine community, Xbox 360 was superior to PS3. However Sony seems to have changed that around with the PS4. I'm excited. This Friday, I'll have my new system, and I'll let you know.

This made me laugh.

Yeah, I had a laugh, too. If you're talking about Halo, then, yeah, you have to stick with Microsoft. Personally, I have no time for those types of games anymore. If I'm playing a multiplayer shooter, give me Battlefield. I need team-based, class-dependent, objective-focused action. I don't care about K/D ratio, and headshots.

As for onloine community, Xbox 360 was superior to PS3. However Sony seems to have changed that around with the PS4. I'm excited. This Friday, I'll have my new system, and I'll let you know.

Nothing to laugh about just the facts. Sure, you could find great players on Playstation Network but they are less common. A vast majority of the top tourney players are on Xbox 360. Nothing against Sony its just that the facts are the facts. Most of the top players are on the 360. The 360 is the default console for tournaments.

If the PS4 becomes the default for tourneys and everyone starts to switch then I will be picking up a PS4 for sure. But currently it doesn't look like it will happen. A lot of guys who purchased the PS3 last time around are moving to the Xbox One for this new generation. Call it a herd mentality if you will but those players know you get better and more competition on Xbox live.

• My Little Pony

This made me laugh.

Nothing to laugh about just the facts. Sure, you could find great players on Playstation Network but they are less common. A vast majority of the top tourney players are on Xbox 360. Nothing against Sony its just that the facts are the facts. Most of the top players are on the 360. The 360 is the default console for tournaments.

If the PS4 becomes the default for tourneys and everyone starts to switch then I will be picking up a PS4 for sure. But currently it doesn't look like it will happen. A lot of guys who purchased the PS3 last time around are moving to the Xbox One for this new generation. Call it a herd mentality if you will but those players know you get better and more competition on Xbox live.

I don't believe a lot of anyone are buying the Xbone. Back in June Amazon ran a poll to see how many people were excited for the new consoles, and Sony slaughtered Microsoft so bad that Amazon took it down early. I'm sure Xbone has recovered, but not enough to put it in the same standing as PS4. http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2013/06/17/amazon_takes_down_facebook_poll_after_ps4_destroys_xbox_one

I may be wrong. Microsoft may have been able to recover more face than I thought, but, if tourney gaming is all you care about, and the game you play isn't Microsoft exclusive, I'd suggest waiting to see where the stronger community is. From what I've heard and observed, it is quite the opposite of what you claim; most PS3 owners are sticking with Sony, and a great deal of Xbox 360 fanboys are switching over. Obviously, though, only time will tell. All I know is I've got Friday off. I'mma get my PS4, and play BF4 all fecking day.

This made me laugh.

They are not facts at all, just typical people who prefer one system over another claiming their systems players are the best.

I am sure that PC players will all tell you that all PC players are better than any console player and claim that is a fact as well.

Where are you getting your facts from that a lot of people are switching from Sony to MS this time around? Most outlets are saying its the other way round. MS shot itself in the foot with all its dirty tricks it had to back track on.

I think your facts may be somewhat wrong on both accounts.

You want facts, the 360 initially outsold the 360, but with the exception of the USA, the PS3 overtook the 360 on the sales front, and to date has sold something like half a million more units worldwide than the 360. The USA is the only country where MS dominates Sony, but all projections and news articles seem to suggest that Sony is looking to get the jump on MS this time around, but until both systems are released this is all pure speculation.

Yup, like you said Captain Howdy the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 in the US. The game I play is a US based game (hence why there are more 360 players). Sony may dominate the whole market but not this game. I really don't think this time around things will change. There's no talk of "is PS4 or Xbox One" gonna be the the new console for tournaments. The talk that is going on is "when will the Xbox One be the new default console, off the bat or mid-season".

• My Little Pony

I'mma get my PS4, and play BF4 all fecking day.

With better resolution graphics to boot.

True. Although, I really don't care much about that. A pretty game is pretty, but if it doesn't play well, no one's gonna give a shit. Luckily, Dice always pulls off both.

Yup, like you said Captain Howdy the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 in the US. The game I play is a US based game (hence why there are more 360 players). Sony may dominate the whole market but not this game. I really don't think this time around things will change. There's no talk of "is PS4 or Xbox One" gonna be the the new console for tournaments. The talk that is going on is "when will the Xbox One be the new default console, off the bat or mid-season".

Talk amongst who?

Tourney players are a very small % of the gaming market. Most people are either casual gamers, single player gamers or people who just like to play online with anyone or mates.

I do not know a single tourney player on any system, and I know a shit load of gamers on all systems.

I think you seriously misjudge how important the tourney is to the bulk of console buyers.

Simple fact is, I know people who are sticking with their brand of choice, and I know people switching to the PS4. I have yet to hear any of my friends say they are switching to the One.

As I said before, until both consoles have been released worldwide, and sales have bedded in for a while, there are no "Facts".

And hey, let people have their tourneys, I would rather have the system that actually looks next gen because the games are in full hi def, not 720 upscaled.

I'mma get my PS4, and play BF4 all fecking day.

With better resolution graphics to boot.

True. Although, I really don't care much about that. A pretty game is pretty, but if it doesn't play well, no one's gonna give a shit. Luckily, Dice always pulls off both.

Oh I agree with that, but fact is that BF and COD are two of the biggest games at launch, will play the same on both systems, but will look better on the PS4 ... so if it sucks on the PS4, its gonna suck worse on the One as its gonna look worse. But obviously if its a good game, its gonna be good on the One and a step above on the PS4 as it will be prettier.

I don't give a fuck about either. They could both crash and burn for all I care. With that being said I do find myself strangely excited about the launch of both. If what they say about my employer is true by working Black Thanksgiving I could end up with an extra 25% off one purchase. That is on top of the 10% discount I already get. So it might actually be possible to get 35% off anything I choose to buy. If that's true you damn well better believe I will be buying a PS4 or Xbox One. If they let me I'll even buy both.

You guys can do the math. $260 for a PS4 and $325 for a Xbox One. I should be able to make a healthy profit off either. The only question is will there be any available?

Well if its anything like the UK, then no there will not be any available on the shelf. All available units have been allocated to early preorders. Even now, anyone preordering after early August is being told they are highly unlikely to get them before Christmas unless people cancel preorders, freeing units up.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my PS4 on Friday (it launched 2 weeks later here than the USA) and its great. Still a lot of things they need to update as they obviously launched it bare bones to save on issues, and will software patch a lot of stuff later to activate it.

What I have found interesting is that Sony only launched the PS4 in the USA initially, and a week later MS launched the One worldwide, yet MS were celebrating selling a similar amount of consoles as Sony did at launch. How can that be something to celebrate when that means that Sony has sold more units in the USA than MS, a market that MS dominated with the 360?

Amazon UK reports that they had more preorders for the PS4 as well.

Seems to me a lot of the negativity around the initial options that MS later had to back down on has affected them adversely, and has driven some people to swap allegiance.

Obviously it will be further down the line that we get a full gauge on who has done better, but all things at the moment seem to point to Sony getting the head start this time out.

Reports on both systems having faulty units seems to be somewhat overblown as well, with only a small % of people actually having faulty units, but of course they are the most vocal, so thats what gets reported. Also factor in that fan boys from both sides are posting reviews all over the net saying that they bought a faulty One or PS4, when they havent. They are just trolling like the little fanboys/girls they are.

You have one guy here who switched allegiance, so far there has been 3 times Ive tried to boot up, and my PS4 has just sat there, the blue light lights up, and about 30 seconds in, starts blinking rapidly, like pulsating, I kill the power, and reboot, and it starts right up, I'm not going to worry about it, at least it isn't like the fucking clown parade I went through when I got the Ps3, so I'm just going to be happy, and only bitch about shit that actually effects play.

you are not going to get 35% off. it is a 25% off a total purchase. it isn't 25% off plus you normal 10% off. That is going to be 25% off your total purchase. you go buy groceries, the "toys" you want and take it to the register and you get the 25% off the total. You have to be careful also because the 25% off is loaded onto your discount card so the very first time you use your discount card on Dec 5-6 you use your 25% off on that. so if you take break and buy a coke and a candy bar and use your discount on those days then you just blew your 25%. the store can fix it if you accidentally do this if they want to though.

Wal-mart is a master at manipulating words. They make things sound better than what they are in reality. Last year it was you get an extra 10% off on top of your discount. This year they told us we get a one time 25% off. From the announcement you would think we were given the greatest gift ever. In reality last year it was 20% off and this year it's 25%. Only 5% more. To the casual observer it must sound like a wonderful deal.

It took us a few days to figure out the specifics. Once I did I decided not to work Black Thanksgiving. If I worked that day and later was unable to obtain a PS4 or Xbox One I would have been beyond pissed. Might as well set the discount on fire because there isn't a damn thing in the store I want other than that.