Xbox One or PS4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment there seems to be plenty of problems with both systems. One of my co workers told me he has gone through 2 PS4s. The first one had a problem with the disc drive. The second one had a problem with the power supply. Another co worker got the Xbox One. He said it plays games fine, but is unable to watch movies on it. I also heard about the DRM issue popping up during a KI tournament. That's a little worrisome.

Mine runs great, plays great, only problem a few times on boot up, but always works itself out, Im surprised, and very pleased.

• My Little Pony

At the moment there seems to be plenty of problems with both systems. One of my co workers told me he has gone through 2 PS4s. The first one had a problem with the disc drive. The second one had a problem with the power supply. Another co worker got the Xbox One. He said it plays games fine, but is unable to watch movies on it. I also heard about the DRM issue popping up during a KI tournament. That's a little worrisome.

Mine runs great, plays great, only problem a few times on boot up, but always works itself out, Im surprised, and very pleased.

Yep. No problem with my PS4, either. But that Xbone issue does sound troublesome.

The reports of problems with both systems are massively overhyped mainly because of fanboys of both systems posting fake reviews of the system they dont like.

Yes there have been some issues, but they are nowhere near as widely spread as some would suggest. To my knowledge only one of my friends has an Xbone and he has no issues. Myself and at least 6 or 7 of my friends all own PS4's, and only one has ever had an issue (Sony swapped it out 2 days later and its all been fine since).

There will always be teething issues with new consoles, and I can handle the odd glitch here and there as its all part of the game really.

All the games I have play fine as well.

There has been nothing as widespread as the classic RROD that plagued the 360, so its a definite step forward this time.

The biggest gripe the PS4 for me has been the fact it was obviously rushed out, so was launched with a lot of features missing that will probably come later with patches, and a launch line up of games that is woefully lacking (hell, I dont even think a single game has been released since the launch line up either).

2014 is going to be a big year though with some of the upcoming titles due for release.

Yep supposedly get a new Fallout, considering they stopped their bitching and concentrated on finishing the game, also supposed to be a brand new Hitman in 14, cant wait for that, and I saw on G4, they are even developing an updated version of Nightmare Creatures, anyone remember that game?? fuck I think that might have been on the Nintendo 64, maybe the Playstation, I cant remember, its fucking old though, Im just waiting for that 1st game to come out, thats licensed through Microsoft only, and instigates my purchase of an X-Box One, it happens every time, so Ive just come to accept it, and understand it will occur, interesting to see what game it will be??

Anybody selling an old working system? I haven't been able to afford a console or games in years.

Does it gotta be a console? what is your stance on PC Gaming? cause I got shit load of games, Battlefield, Fallout 1 2 New Vegas, I got all the Far Crys, I got S.W.A.T., all the Ghost Recons, and Raven Shields, Hitmans, let me know bro, cause I just made copies of all these games, onto my HD, then stored the originals, I can hook you up.

• 2 weeks later...

I came so very close to buying an Xbox One. I haven't bought a new system since the GCN. A new KI was enough for me to drop that kind of money on the system. Once I started digging further into the One I started to have second thoughts. I found out KI is a download only. Not only that it's also incomplete and they are charging full price. To make matters worse their launch lineup has nothing that appeals to me and almost nothing on the horizon. The biggest blow against the system is that it's not ready out of the box. You have to hook it up to a high speed internet connection and download updates before it's even usable. I don't even have high speed internet. I'm currently "borrowing" wifi. What idiot thought that idea up?

Those discoveries left me a little down. I then decided to look in a different direction. Why not go handheld? I then took a look at the DS/3DS. The system is more affordable and it caters more towards a person such as myself. I'm thinking I might get Street Fighter and an Atlus rpg or two. It's a thought anyway.

• My Little Pony

I came so very close to buying an Xbox One. I haven't bought a new system since the GCN. A new KI was enough for me to drop that kind of money on the system. Once I started digging further into the One I started to have second thoughts. I found out KI is a download only. Not only that it's also incomplete and they are charging full price. To make matters worse their launch lineup has nothing that appeals to me and almost nothing on the horizon. The biggest blow against the system is that it's not ready out of the box. You have to hook it up to a high speed internet connection and download updates before it's even usable. I don't even have high speed internet. I'm currently "borrowing" wifi. What idiot thought that idea up?

Those discoveries left me a little down. I then decided to look in a different direction. Why not go handheld? I then took a look at the DS/3DS. The system is more affordable and it caters more towards a person such as myself. I'm thinking I might get Street Fighter and an Atlus rpg or two. It's a thought anyway.

If you're a big RPG fan, then, yeah, Nintendo might be the way to go. But take a look at the PS Vita. It's a powerful system, with a great selection of RPGs. And the PS Store has a lot of PS and PS2 classics on offer, as well.

I don't even have high speed internet. I'm currently "borrowing" wifi. What idiot thought that idea up?

Its been pretty much like that since the last gen. While the PS3 and 360 were useable out of the box, they still pretty much needed updates straight away.

You cannot have a console without a decent internet connection these days as they are much more like PCs than the days of the PS1/PS2/Xbox etc.

Consoles are constantly evolving. The things a PS3 can do now against what it could do at launch are a good example.

And to be fair, if you mean you are "stealing" wifi, then thats hardly Microsofts or Sonys faults.