And the new Batman is....

Dark Star

Ben Affleck?? Wow.. Really??? Did someone ask Kevin Smith who should play Batman or something?? I was not exactly impressed with him in Daredevil.. I HOPE He does better as Batman.. Time will tell I suppose.....

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/holy-big-ben-affleck-set-play-batman-man-022440197.html

Meh. I just re-watched "Daredevil" a week or two ago and thought Affleck did fine... plus he was great as George Reeves (who played Superman on TV in the 50s) in the film "Hollywoodland"... he can pull it off methinks.

Disappointing. I don't think he's quite as bad an actor as many people make out, but I really can't see him in this role and I don't really like actors playing more than 1 superhero.

Ben Affleck? Really? What next - Matt Damon turning up as Robin? Jeez ...

Ben Affleck? Really? What next - Matt Damon turning up as Robin? Jeez ...

Kevin Smith as Robin would be a lot funnier...

...or Jason Mewes, even. :D

Meh. I just re-watched "Daredevil" a week or two ago and thought Affleck did fine... plus he was great as George Reeves (who played Superman on TV in the 50s) in the film "Hollywoodland"... he can pull it off methinks.

Thankyou. I have been saying this to all the fanboys who have been whining about it and creating petitions.

Daredevil, bar a few things, was a pretty decent film, especially the directors cut.

Hollywoodland has been the film I have been mentioning as well as proof that he has the chops.

And from what I have heard, Argo is a great movie as well.

Thankyou. I have been saying this to all the fanboys who have been whining about it and creating petitions.

Daredevil, bar a few things, was a pretty decent film, especially the directors cut.

Hollywoodland has been the film I have been mentioning as well as proof that he has the chops.

Aside from casting a big bald black guy instead of a big bald white guy as The Kingpin, "Daredevil" was remarkably faithful to the comic series, which is unusual for a comic book film.

The only real problem I had with that flick (aside from its reliance on irritating, watery wanna-be goth rock like Evanescence on the soundtrack) was that it was too damn dark. Yeah, I know, most of it took place at night, so it's supposed to be dark, but I swear that the nighttime scenes were so under-lit that sometimes It was hard to see what the f*ck was going on onscreen :rofl2:

And lets not forget all the people who said "Michael Keaton cannot play Batman", yet they all went to see it, and he pulled it off.

Oh yeah, I vividly remember the outcry when Keaton was announced as the new Batman in '89. Of course we didn't have the Internet then, but if you walked into any comic book store around that time you were bound to overhear someone saying, "the guy from BEETLEJUICE? What the F*CK?" Haha. Up until that point Keaton was known as a comedic actor, nobody thought he could cut it.

...then the movie came out and we all had to swallow our pride and admit that dammit, he actually did a pretty decent job. :D

Just heard a DJ from a classic rock station just a few hours ago regarding the "outcry" on Tweeter and other social media because of Affleck as Batman. And he has one very simple solution to those who hate the idea: don't watch the movie - Period.

I think it's not the end of the world whether Affleck, Will Smith or Nicole Kidman will play Batman. If Christopher Nolan will be at the helm as director or even as producer, I think it will be good.

Just heard a DJ from a classic rock station just a few hours ago regarding the "outcry" on Tweeter and other social media because of Affleck as Batman. And he has one very simple solution to those who hate the idea: don't watch the movie - Period.

I think it's not the end of the world whether Affleck, Will Smith or Nicole Kidman will play Batman. If Christopher Nolan will be at the helm as director or even as producer, I think it will be good.

That's fair enough. I'm not outraged, I'd just rather it was someone new. Affleck will probably be fine, I'm not hugely interested in yet another Batman franchise tbh.

I may watch the film eventually, but I couldn't be bothered with the new Spiderman and this will probably be the same.

Aside from casting a big bald black guy instead of a big bald white guy as The Kingpin, "Daredevil" was remarkably faithful to the comic series, which is unusual for a comic book film.

The only real problem I had with that flick (aside from its reliance on irritating, watery wanna-be goth rock like Evanescence on the soundtrack) was that it was too damn dark. Yeah, I know, most of it took place at night, so it's supposed to be dark, but I swear that the nighttime scenes were so under-lit that sometimes It was hard to see what the f*ck was going on onscreen :rofl2:

And lets not forget all the people who said "Michael Keaton cannot play Batman", yet they all went to see it, and he pulled it off.

Oh yeah, I vividly remember the outcry when Keaton was announced as the new Batman in '89. Of course we didn't have the Internet then, but if you walked into any comic book store around that time you were bound to overhear someone saying, "the guy from BEETLEJUICE? What the F*CK?" Haha. Up until that point Keaton was known as a comedic actor, nobody thought he could cut it.

...then the movie came out and we all had to swallow our pride and admit that dammit, he actually did a pretty decent job. :D

If Keaton can do it then anyone can do it besides the guy has a mask on for half of the movie anyway....the writing and directing is more important IMO...

Yea I remember the outcry when Michael Keaton was named as Batman back in 1989... But He did a pretty damn good job!! SO, who knows?? Maybe Ben Affleck can too??? Daredevil was not really a bad movie.. My wife HATED it, but.... I actually enjoyed it.. Only problem was Kingpin being a big black guy... I Do love that actor so I didn't mind as much as some people did.... I will be looking forward to trailers actually, and will probably go and see it when it comes out.. Maybe Ben will prove a lot of people wrong?? He IS a good actor.. Just look at Argo for proof of that....

He IS a good actor..

He's a decent actor, but for a good hunk of his career, he appeared in shitty movies with alarming regularity.... :D

Of course, he and J-Lo appeared in the infamous "Gigli," but he's also been in such stink bombs as:

"Phantoms"

"Armageddon" (I don't care how much f*ckin' money that movie made, it sucked!)

"Forces of Nature"

"Reindeer Games"

"Pearl Harbor"

"Surviving Christmas"

...need I go on? :D

He IS a good actor..

He's a decent actor, but for a good hunk of his career, he appeared in shitty movies with alarming regularity.... :D

Of course, he and J-Lo appeared in the infamous "Gigli," but he's also been in such stink bombs as:

"Phantoms"

"Armageddon" (I don't care how much f*ckin' money that movie made, it sucked!)

"Forces of Nature"

"Reindeer Games"

"Pearl Harbor"

"Surviving Christmas"

...need I go on? :D

To quote Jay from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... Speaking to Ben Affleck... "You da bomb in Phantoms yo!!" Never seen the movie to be honest.. and yea I heard how BAD Gigli was and refuse to watch it... And I liked Armageddon to be honest.. Not for Ben Affleck though.... I Personally, prefer the Kevin Smith movies He's been in... Mallrats... Dogma.. Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... :tumbsup: You'll notice I did not mention Jersey Girl.... Cause I REALLY didn't like that movie very much.... :whistle:

Like Captain said...Most were just as pissed that Keaton was chosen and he pulled it off. To me, It's not really being able to pull off Batman but being believable as Bruce Wayne. That's where Keaton went right and Bale went right. To be honest I thought Bale was a better Bruce Wayne than he was as Batman. Not that he was Val Kilmer or George Clooney bad....I want to see how believable Affleck will be as Bruce Wayne before I pass judgement.

According to Yahoo News, there's an online petition at change.org to remove Affleck from the Batman role, which currently has 30,000 signatures on it.

...cuz, you know, those online petition things always work. Pffft. Fanboys.

So either there are 30,000 very pathetic people out there who need to get out of the house more often, or Comic Book Guy signed the same petition 30,000 times under assumed names.

222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

"WORST. Casting decision. EVER. I was on the Internet registering my discontent within MOMENTS. What's next, Shia LaBoeuf as Galactus? Don't make me laugh."

• 2 weeks later...

According to Yahoo News, there's an online petition at change.org to remove Affleck from the Batman role, which currently has 30,000 signatures on it.

...cuz, you know, those online petition things always work. Pffft. Fanboys.

So either there are 30,000 very pathetic people out there who need to get out of the house more often, or Comic Book Guy signed the same petition 30,000 times under assumed names.

222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

"WORST. Casting decision. EVER. I was on the Internet registering my discontent within MOMENTS. What's next, Shia LaBoeuf as Galactus? Don't make me laugh."

:lol:

Yeah, getting up a petition is pretty f*ing sad. If anything, it makes me more in favour of Affleck than against him!

• 8 months later...

Snyder posted a pic of Batfleck and the Batmobile on twatter ... possibly the best live action costume yet from this angle. And car looks a cross between the tumbler and 1989.

10273189_10152466092624359_9175169500270

as long as Affleck doesnt adopt that ridiculous growl that Bale had as Batman lol. Sounded more like a WWE wrestler.

I expected him to start saying 'wot you gonna do, wot you gonna do' ;-))

As some have said he spends 4/5 of the film in a mask so who cares.

I'm sure he'll pull off a youngish Bruce Wayne just fine.