TNT reunion with Tony Harnell?

AlphaMale

According to Tony's facebook page, it was leaked out of Norway that vocalist Tony Harnell will rejoin Ronnie LeTekro in a reformed TNT.

Here's Tony's post about it on FB:

I'd just like to say that the "press leak" in Norway was a bit premature. Meaning, if anything were to happen, it's not happening this soon:) and I'm not saying anything is gonna happen...cheers!
Here's is the translated version from Norway:

TNT's ex-vocalist open for reunion

image002-jpgtony-har-292_0.jpg
WILL HAVE SPECIAL TOUR: Former lead singer of TNT, Tony Harnell. PHOTO: MARGARET NICOSIA
Published 08/04/13 - 20:30, modified 04/08/13 - 11:56 p.m. (AP)

Tony Harnell is in talks with the band about the reunion, but will not be a stand-in for Tony Mills.

In an interview with TV2 , betrays TNT guitarist Ronni Le Tekrø the band's original lineup will again be on stage together.

- It is "more than thunderstorms" that TNT resurrected in its original crew. When we talk "with American singer," says Tekrø to TV2.

The news comes after the current singer, British Tony Mills (51), reveals VG that collaborated with the band ends after his wish.

- Most of this year has barely played, not something written or recorded anything new. For me it's not the way it should be when you're in a band, Mills says to VG.

He believes the time is right to go solo.

- I have my own integrity and self-respect to attend to as well, 'he explains.

Speaking about the reunion

From 1984 until 2006, American Tony Harnell lead singer of the band, before Tony Mills took over.

Harnell confirmed in an email to VG that he has been in contact with Diesel Dahl and Ronni Le Tekrø about a reunion.

- It is true that the three of us have talked about it, but there are still details that remain to discuss before any commitment is entered into on my part, explains Harnell.

When asked about the reunification only apply to a concert at Tekrø farm in August, he replied:

- I've reviewed a show or two, but they are very imminent and already booked with Tony Mills on vocals. I've decided that it's best if he carries out as planned, so neither can the band and I sit down and discuss whether we should do something in the future - with enough time to did it right.

Will create special tour

Harnell is clear that he does not want to "fill in" for Mills, but instead build a completely new and separate show.

- It's best to start fresh with a solid plan and proper preparation. Next year is the 25th anniversary of the release of TNT album "Intuition", so we're talking about to take advantage of it and make a special tour of any kind, he elaborates and emphasizes that the timing must be right.

- Any tour should be stacked on its own, at their own pace and time for proper preparation and rehearsal.

- Is forgiven

The American artist is currently busy recording a music video for his new album Tony Harnell and The Wildflowers featuring Bumblefoot.

When Harnell TNT left in 2006 to start their own projects, he sparked a storm of negative writings.

- I think Ronni was very hurt when I left, and much negative was written about me by the press - things that were not directly lucky for the band. But Ronni and I have finished talking about all that, and it seems to be forgiven, that's it from my side at least, he explains.

He describes his friendship with Tekrø as "brotherly".

- It has always been great musical chemistry between us, and a deep, brotherly friendship with all that entails.

TNT was formed in 1982 in Trondheim. The Norwegian hard rock band is best known for the CD "10,000 Lovers".

I'll tell you what, if anyone else on here is actually friends with Harnell on FB, like on his personal page, then I don't have to tell you he is a gigantic COCKSUCKER! just that kind of arrogance that honestly makes you(at least me)really curious, and really boggled, what could be inside the head of somebody who thinks like that? I am told constantly, and basically anytime im introduced to anyone new, that I am extremely arrogant, I am not arrogant in any way shape or form, there is nothing arrogant about me in anyway, Harnell, he is an honestly, naturally, and purely arrogant son of a bitch, he talks down to people, has no interest on anything going on in the world outside of his little box, and told a few of us, the last metal album he has ever bought, listened to, or has been made, was Ram It Down, he said after that rock and metal died, so let me get this straight, he is musically deceased since what year did Ram It Down come out? 87? anything after that is his super pop/blues/alt/folk music he likes now, so that being said, ya cant argue those 1st few TNT albums were pretty good, but so what, he rejoins them, decides to do some new material with them, that little info I just posted, makes me seriously wonder, would that mean he is musically inept, and has NO! ABILITY for natural progression of his music past the late 80s? I wonder now if that is what the problem is with many of these old rockers, why some are able to jump back in with a fresh, brave, and heavy new step forward, and others you hear their new shit, and just really begin to wonder if they just did more harm then good by recording and releasing new material, anyways, I guess im interested to hear more on this, it will certainly be interesting to hear a new TNT album, but If any of you have been keeping up on Tonys current band, you have to no, TNT is about as far from the music he likes playing now, as you can get.

I've emailed with Tony before and he is definitely not a cocksucker. I'm not sure why anyone would think he is. I'm not sure that there will be a TNT reunion but anything can happen. Tony had every right to go a different direction. He spent over 20 years with TNT.

He has a great reputation with other musicians and is very talented in my opinion.

I've emailed with Tony before and he is definitely not a cocksucker. I'm not sure why anyone would think he is. I'm not sure that there will be a TNT reunion but anything can happen. Tony had every right to go a different direction. He spent over 20 years with TNT.

He has a great reputation with other musicians and is very talented in my opinion.

Agree 100%

Not sure about his attitude but guy sure has some pipes especially in the high range. But sadly couple of last TNT albums with him are horrible, let's just hope he'll go back to those Tell no Tales or Intuition era

I saw Tony's cryptic message on Facebook and saw that Tony Mills left TNT (thank god)...and I feel that this is going to happen! I never thought it ever would, but a new cd with Tony on vocals?!? HELL YES! I am thinking we won't hear new music from them for at least a couple of years though....

Not sure about his attitude but guy sure has some pipes especially in the high range. But sadly couple of last TNT albums with him are horrible, let's just hope he'll go back to those Tell no Tales or Intuition era

I disagree. My Religion was a melodic monster! IMO, easily their best cd ever recorded. I want another one in that vein...

I've talked to Tony many times on facebook and he comes across as one of the nicest guys in the biz so not sure where this bad attitude talk comes from.

Also My Religion was incredible and on par with almost anything the band has done but of course that is my opinion.

I disagree. My Religion was a melodic monster! IMO, easily their best cd ever recorded. I want another one in that vein...

As was All the Way To the Sun. Fix is a KILLER song!!!

It'll be interesting to see what eventuates with Tony Harnell & TNT.

On the recent Monsters Of Rock Cruise, he was asked a number of times by both the fans & TNT to join them for a song or two which he declined.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony never shows up with TNT again.

Then again, money can be a fantastic incentive :)

Well, the way Tony is talking on facebook, it's not happening. He posted:

Well, the beginning and the end are sometimes a little too close to each other. But the door of possibility always remains open:) sorry to be cryptic. TH

followed by:

Timely poster, last line especially pertinent:)

posted a "Intuition" picture with the last line saying:

"Avoid going against your better juddement or getting talked into things that just don't feel right".

Shame. There is definitely no TNT without Harnell and that rubbish with Mills on vocals should never have sported the TNT logo - shameful. I agree with the other guys that the last few albums with Harnell, and actually any TNT album with Harnell (after KOTNT) are all excellent.

I've actually found myself several times wishing for a reunion and new disc. Hopefully one day... Love his vocals.

• 2 months later...

DONE DEAL!!!!!

For immediate release:
After much discussion and lots of soul searching I'm happy to officially announce that I'll be back behind the microphone with TNT. I'm very proud of all we accomplished over the years and proud to have written and recorded all those great songs with my brother from another mother, Ronni Le Tekro. Sometimes it's just time to give the fans what they're asking for. 2014 is the 25th anniversary of the successful Intuition album and we thought it would be a good time to get out and re-launch this little machine for you guys! Can't wait to see you all on tour! TH

This is the best news I have heard in forever. The TNT name has been drug through the mud of late with Mills. Every TNT album with Harnell was fantastic so I don't care what they sound like.

The last one with Mills was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 1st two. I think Tony got mad when I said the first two with Mills sucked donkey balls. :lol:

I wouldn't use any of them as a drink coaster. Just fucking terrible....