I dare you....

Mullethead

To name ten Sleaze albums that are better than Dangerous Toys debut. Fucking killer...been jamming to it for a couple days since shelving it for a while. They changed so much after this release but this album is like a poor mans GNR.

Killer album!

DT is one of my favorites. Hellacious Acres and Pissed are just as good as the debut IMO.

Now the Rtist 4merly or whatever it's called...a few decent tunes but THAT is where they changed.

I played the crap out of that on cassette back in the day but haven't played it for years. It was a pretty good album though but I think I could name 20 more better sleaze albums.

Then do it so I can take a piss on hem :)

Scared, Take Me Drunk, Sport'n a woody, queen of the nile, Outlaw....

Dangerous Toys debut is criminally underrated. The lyrics are hilarious at times (in a good way) and the vocals sound a lot like Axl at times. For sleaze I do prefer Faster Pussycat's and L.A. Guns' debuts however.

To name ten Sleaze albums that are better than Dangerous Toys debut. Fucking killer...been jamming to it for a couple days since shelving it for a while. They changed so much after this release but this album is like a poor mans GNR.

Killer album!

Brilliant album,have to admit that I totally ignored it back on its release after the first spin,then went back years later and it now(together with hellacious acres) gets regular spins at home,work & car etc.

Dunno if I could name 10 that are better but there quite a few just as good...to my ears anyway :) like faster pussycat-wake me,L.A Guns-Cocked & Loaded,Cats In Boots-Kicked & Klawed to name some,but thats maybe just my tastes :drink2:

Dangerous Toys debut is criminally underrated. The lyrics are hilarious at times (in a good way) and the vocals sound a lot like Axl at times. For sleaze I do prefer Faster Pussycat's and L.A. Guns' debuts however.

Agree!

Just off the top of my head, LA Guns debut, Faster Pussycats debut, Cats in boots, Roxx Gangs debut and Noisy Mama all out rank anything by Dangerous Toys for me. I like the band, but I cant say I ever thought they were amazing. Also, think I prefer Helacious Acres to the decut as well.

Just off the top of my head, LA Guns debut, Faster Pussycats debut, Cats in boots, Roxx Gangs debut and Noisy Mama all out rank anything by Dangerous Toys for me. I like the band, but I cant say I ever thought they were amazing. Also, think I prefer Helacious Acres to the decut as well.

That's only 5 though... :)

I do love me the DT's debut, but I think I'd put SPread Eagles debut above it and Salty Dogs as well. Like Cap'n I think I like H. Acres as much if not more than the S/T, Best Of Friends is a KILLER tune!

BUt from the S/T I'd go with the obvious Teasin Pleasin and then Scared!

I'm taking DT over all of those though the L.A. guns debut is close. I would rather put my nuts in a grinder than listen to he other four listed.

That's only 5 though... :)

I do love me the DT's debut, but I think I'd put SPread Eagles debut above it and Salty Dogs as well. Like Cap'n I think I like H. Acres as much if not more than the S/T, Best Of Friends is a KILLER tune!

BUt from the S/T I'd go with the obvious Teasin Pleasin and then Scared!

I thought the second cd was lacking a bit and much preferred Pissed to it. Best of Friends was a hair cheesy for me but I am not a huge ballad guy, though I like Feels Like A Hammer.

Spread Eagle, I don't rank higher but they are a killer band. I prefer their second release but its not really sleaze like the debut.

Oh and now that I'm thinking, scary huh?, Sea Hags debut is imho a better disc than the S/T by DT. And to clarify not knocking the DT's as I dig them, just making an observation.

I owned the Sea Hags cd once and never could get in to it. Not sure why but it did absolutely nothing for me. I think I finally sold it last year.

I absolutely love 'Scared' and 'Take Me Drunk'. I like a few other songs on the album, but not nearly as much as those two and overall it doesn't get close to 'Faster Pussycat' for me. I struggle to know what belongs in the sleaze genre though. LA Guns? If so, 'Hollywood Vampires' is another one I'd rate higher than 'DT'. There are probably others, but it is a good album...

I absolutely love 'Scared' and 'Take Me Drunk'. I like a few other songs on the album, but not nearly as much as those two and overall it doesn't get close to 'Faster Pussycat' for me. I struggle to know what belongs in the sleaze genre though. LA Guns? If so, 'Hollywood Vampires' is another one I'd rate higher than 'DT'. There are probably others, but it is a good album...

NB: Were Love/Hate sleaze? If so, 'Blackout In The Red Room' is another one I prefer to 'DT'.

NB: Were Love/Hate sleaze? If so, 'Blackout In The Red Room' is another one I prefer to 'DT'.

They would be up there but still not as good. I keep seeing the same titles on the album being mentioned but what about Queen of the Nile, Outlaw, Feels Like a Hammer, etc?

As for LAG, it's not the band that's sleaze but the album instead. Most bands changed over time and sleaze was mostly for a few years only until the likes of Crashdiet came along.

I would only include the ST LAG cd as Sleaze. But just for the sake of arguing...I did get a good laugh saying Hollywood Vampires is better an The DT cd :)

They would be up there but still not as good. I keep seeing the same titles on the album being mentioned but what about Queen of the Nile, Outlaw, Feels Like a Hammer, etc?

As for LAG, it's not the band that's sleaze but the album instead. Most bands changed over time and sleaze was mostly for a few years only until the likes of Crashdiet came along.

I would only include the ST LAG cd as Sleaze. But just for the sake of arguing...I did get a good laugh saying Hollywood Vampires is better an The DT cd :)

I like 'Feels Like A Hammer', very good song. I also really like 'Bones In The Gutter'. 'Queen of the Nile' and 'Outlaw' are average songs imo.

It's all about opinions, though, isn't it? For me, both 'Blackout In The Red Room' and 'Hollywood Vampires' are comfortably better than 'Dangerous Toys'. It is a very good album, probably an 8/10 for me. If it had 'Demon Bell', 'Gunfighter' and 'Gimme' No Lip' on it instead of, say, 'Ten Boots' and 'That Dog', it would be a 9 or 9.5.

Are Bang Tango sleaze? If so, 'Psycho Cafe' is another one I prefer to 'DT'.

I did get a good laugh saying Hollywood Vampires is better an The DT cd :)

Dont understand why, most of LA Guns catalogue is better than Dangerous Toys. Nothing against DT, but for me I could only pick a handful of tracks off their albums that I find essential. For LA Guns, the first three albums are essential to me from start to finish, and even Vicious Circle is pretty much start to finish great.

I could put together a Dangerous Toys compilation of their best tracks, and I still dont think I would listen to it more than any of those four LA Guns albums.

I like 'Feels Like A Hammer', very good song. I also really like 'Bones In The Gutter'. 'Queen of the Nile' and 'Outlaw' are average songs imo.

It's all about opinions, though, isn't it? For me, both 'Blackout In The Red Room' and 'Hollywood Vampires' are comfortably better than 'Dangerous Toys'. It is a very good album, probably an 8/10 for me. If it had 'Demon Bell', 'Gunfighter' and 'Gimme' No Lip' on it instead of, say, 'Ten Boots' and 'That Dog', it would be a 9 or 9.5.

Are Bang Tango sleaze? If so, 'Psycho Cafe' is another one I prefer to 'DT'.

I will give you Ten Boots and That Dog. Average and maybe even filler. Demon Bell is so awesome, loved the movie as well. QOTN and Outlaw are my two faves so yep, opinions def differ :)

I love Blackout but only a few songs on HV.

BT sleaze? Sure, I would say he debut is pretty raunchy. GREAT album...okay, so that's one then. :)

Demon Bell is so awesome, loved the movie as well.

Yep, fun film, great song, great soundtrack.

BT sleaze? Sure, I would say he debut is pretty raunchy. GREAT album...okay, so that's one then. :)

:tumbsup:

Demon Bell is so awesome, loved the movie as well.

Yep, fun film, great song, great soundtrack.

:tumbsup:

;)

I see there is no dispute on the "awesomnisity" of Every Dog Has Its Day from Salty Dog.

How's about Zodiac Mindwarp's first disc, Prime Mover sure is a tasty tune and the rest of the disc holds up real well...

Oh and how's about Lil Caesar, not the pizza joint, the band!