Rate all Bon Jovi albums

66 mustang

8 hours ago, gener8tr said:

I'm not trying to be a dick here (especially considering I might be the biggest fan of SWW on this site), but for me, it's like 85% / 85% / 95% / 90% / 85% and then pretty much all dramatically down hill from there.  To the point I rate most of the new stuff as unlistenable.

I think they stayed relevant to their older fans.
Kind of more easy listening.

Rather than take the risk, and be more cutting edge.

Also, they all got pretty rich, so it really became about perpetuating sales and income without any concern for where the next meal was coming from.
Maybe Alec John Such was more important than we all thought?...  lol

11 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I think they stayed relevant to their older fans.
Kind of more easy listening.

Rather than take the risk, and be more cutting edge.

Also, they all got pretty rich, so it really became about perpetuating sales and income without any concern for where the next meal was coming from.
Maybe Alec John Such was more important than we all thought?...  lol

Those of you outside the USA may not fully understand just how liberal and progressive Jon is.  I'm not trying to start a political debate as I have no interest spiraling down that rabbit hole, but it's relevant because I think Jon's political (and worldly) views have greatly spilled over into his music.

I'm not saying he's Bruce Springsteen-esque  with overtly political lyrics... more along the lines that Jon is forward thinking and less apt to accept the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.  I'm the complete antithesis of that mindset... and that probably contributes to my disdain for pretty everything he and his band have released dating back to about 1994. 

Do I want another Slippery When Wet?  You're damn right I do.

1 hour ago, gener8tr said:

Those of you outside the USA may not fully understand just how liberal and progressive Jon is.  I'm not trying to start a political debate as I have no interest spiraling down that rabbit hole, but it's relevant because I think Jon's political (and worldly) views have greatly spilled over into his music.

I'm not saying he's Bruce Springsteen-esque  with overtly political lyrics... more along the lines that Jon is forward thinking and less apt to accept the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.  I'm the complete antithesis of that mindset... and that probably contributes to my disdain for pretty everything he and his band have released dating back to about 1994. 

Do I want another Slippery When Wet?  You're damn right I do.

I'd rather have another s/t ;)

21 hours ago, Glen said:

I'd rather have another s/t ;)

But you'd take either over any of their output in the last decade and more. ;)

On 1/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, Kristian said:

1. New Jersey

2. Keep The Faith

3. Slippery When Wet

4. Bon Jovi

5. These Days

6. Crush

7. Bounce

8. Have a Nice Day

Other than that, no thanks.

About the order I'd put them in....might flip flop KTF and Slippery but otherwise probably my order.

And totally agree about the rest of the albums.  Frankly, I might even leave Bounce and HAND off the list as the downward spiral started with those.

They'basically two different bands for me....The band we all loved in the 80's early 90's and then the adult contemporary, elevator music band they turned into.  

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

But you'd take either over any of their output in the last decade and more. ;)

Agreed,nothing has held interest for me since These Days....but the Grandad music they churn out now is disappointing to say the least

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

About the order I'd put them in....might flip flop KTF and Slippery but otherwise probably my order.

And totally agree about the rest of the albums.  Frankly, I might even leave Bounce and HAND off the list as the downward spiral started with those.

They'basically two different bands for me....The band we all loved in the 80's early 90's and then the adult contemporary, elevator music band they turned into.  

HAND is basically the same as These Days imo