Does this belong on HH?

Does this belong on HH?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NO shit, I dont know what this band represents that isnt already on this site, it has to go on here, or it is straight hypocrisy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but this is not my kind of music and I don't think it belongs in HH. Too modern, too electronic, too experimental. I NEED THE MELODY ... and the aqua net :P

Wow mate, if you don't think there's any melody on this, and can confirm it, I'll tear my balls from sack and join you for a spot of badminton.

I heard this today and it's pretty damn good stuff. Might even rate alright overall this year. There are a tonne of great, killer melodic rock songs on this disc with some huge choruses not dissimilar to someone like Def Leppard at times. Melody is one thing this album is sure as hell not lacking. Very good stuff.

Guest dontdokken

Sorry but this is not my kind of music and I don't think it belongs in HH. Too modern, too electronic, too experimental. I NEED THE MELODY ... and the aqua net :P

Wow mate, if you don't think there's any melody on this, and can confirm it, I'll tear my balls from sack and join you for a spot of badminton.

I heard this today and it's pretty damn good stuff. Might even rate alright overall this year. There are a tonne of great, killer melodic rock songs on this disc with some huge choruses not dissimilar to someone like Def Leppard at times. Melody is one thing this album is sure as hell not lacking. Very good stuff.

Well, I guess you should be trying to find away to do whatever you want to do to your balls because I dare you to find a guitar solo in the three tracks uploaded here because I could not do it. Call me old-school but if the track ain't got a guitar solo it's complete and utter shit. As for the melody... if you consider a vocal harmony (on chorus), a melody then dude you need professional help.

As for tracks samples, blings dings and other modern sounds don't cut it for me. Belonging to HH and liking the song are two completely different things. I even may find some parts of some tracks a bit interesting that doesn't mean that it belongs to HH. Unless it has come to this...

You honestly don't hear the hard/melodic rock foundations on the verses and choruses? Granted, it varies from song to song in intentsity, but there are some monsters on this disc.

If your SOLE determining factor as to whether something is worthy for HH, is whether there is a guitar solo or not, there's about half the database which you won't find worthy.... for you it's guitar solo, for someone else it might be lead vocals that don't suck, for yet someone else it might be mandatory gang choruses. The person who hates prog might love Westcoast and vice versa. If this doesn't float yer boat, so be it. It works for me.

*shrug*

Well, I guess you should be trying to find away to do whatever you want to do to your balls because I dare you to find a guitar solo in the three tracks uploaded here because I could not do it. Call me old-school but if the track ain't got a guitar solo it's complete and utter shit. As for the melody... if you consider a vocal harmony (on chorus), a melody then dude you need professional help.

As for tracks samples, blings dings and other modern sounds don't cut it for me. Belonging to HH and liking the song are two completely different things. I even may find some parts of some tracks a bit interesting that doesn't mean that it belongs to HH. Unless it has come to this...

No friend, I think it need be you seeking professional help, if you truly can't find melody in these songs. Thinking that the guitar solo somehow instantly = melody? That comment about guitar solos... wow. Enjoy what you can in that pigeon hole you reside in, but in the real world, a guitar solo - whilst nice - really has no affect at all on whether a song is good or not. Does it have to be a well played guitar solo, or just any attempt at all?

Seriously, I love guitar solos as much as the next guy, but seeing over-the-top die-hards who need one in every song to make it good for them, it kind of puts me off them a bit. Imagine hearing an otherwise perfect song but kazaam! At the 2 and 1/2 minute mark there's no solo? Does that mean you instantly hate the entire song. Even if you sat there for 2 and 1/2 minutes loving every second of it, you now hate it because there's no solo? Enjoy your love for music then. Why not just buy a bunch of Satriani and Steve Vai discs and live safely with them for the rest of your life?

No friend, I think it need be you seeking professional help, if you truly can't find melody in these songs. Thinking that the guitar solo somehow instantly = melody? That comment about guitar solos... wow. Enjoy what you can in that pigeon hole you reside in, but in the real world, a guitar solo - whilst nice - really has no affect at all on whether a song is good or not. Does it have to be a well played guitar solo, or just any attempt at all?

Seriously, I love guitar solos as much as the next guy, but seeing over-the-top die-hards who need one in every song to make it good for them, it kind of puts me off them a bit. Imagine hearing an otherwise perfect song but kazaam! At the 2 and 1/2 minute mark there's no solo? Does that mean you instantly hate the entire song. Even if you sat there for 2 and 1/2 minutes loving every second of it, you now hate it because there's no solo? Enjoy your love for music then. Why not just buy a bunch of Satriani and Steve Vai discs and live safely with them for the rest of your life?

YEAH!!

Guest dontdokken

Oh... sorry everyone, did I express my personal opinion? I am terribly sorry it won't happen again. It seems that I have stepped on some toes here.. but I completely understand, I am "new" here, so I must be wrong... Jeezus!

Things are simpler than they seem, you (place name here) like a band, I don't... There is no way in changing my mind... so keep any clever comments to yourself (referring to the scrotum part). The tracks are crap to my ears I expressed my opinion and that's that... unless this is a promo section...

As for how I rate music.... again a matter of personal taste so any other mentor-y comments can and should be avoided.

It's 1992 all over again when my friends tried to convince me that Nirvana was musical revolution... Who made you king of the world...

p.s. A guitar solo is not the Alpha and Omega of a song but it's what draws the line (usually) between a great song and a masterpiece IMHO (always).

p.p.s. I personally find Satriani and Vai albums very boring (with a few exceptions of course)

Good points from Geoff and Dan, I'd just say that a I prefer songs to have guitar solos and they can lift a song from good to great. There are plenty of great songs without guitar solos, but there are examples where songs really miss a nice solo. For example, I like the song, 'For Me Sake' from Shinedown's album last year. However, if it had a decent guitar solo, it could be a killer song. For me, that's a bit of a shame. It's a good song, but for me the lack of a solo is disappointing. However, I completely agree that if they'd chucked a guitar solo in there that was really poor, or just didn't fit with the song, that would have made it worse. And it's still my favourite Shinedown song.

I can't think of any really killer rock or metal songs that don't have guitar solos at the moment though. There must be some, I'm just struggling to come up with any...

Guest dontdokken

Good points from Geoff and Dan, I'd just say that a I prefer songs to have guitar solos and they can lift a song from good to great. There are plenty of great songs without guitar solos, but there are examples where songs really miss a nice solo. For example, I like the song, 'For Me Sake' from Shinedown's album last year. However, if it had a decent guitar solo, it could be a killer song. For me, that's a bit of a shame. It's a good song, but for me the lack of a solo is disappointing. However, I completely agree that if they'd chucked a guitar solo in there that was really poor, or just didn't fit with the song, that would have made it worse. And it's still my favourite Shinedown song.

I can't think of any really killer rock or metal songs that don't have guitar solos at the moment though. There must be some, I'm just struggling to come up with any...

Well said...

Well??? I have to tell you this, and I was going to just PM you to do it, but I figure "TO THE FIRE" will be the best way to explain this to you, outside of your opinion being WRONG!! on this band, which is a very impressive feat, seeing Ive never known anyone who could be wrong or right on an opinion, since by it's very meaning it's impossible for an opinion to be correct or incorrect, but you did it, good job, now if you don't hear a guitar solo in a song then it's not good, then I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your not the most musically open minded chap to come through HH, and we like that, your for your own, loyalty, dignity, all the things it takes to get into "our special sub club" but we dont discuss that out here on the boards, but heres 2 things as a shy and rather un-opinionated bloke like myself has observed in my few months as a member of this fine family, concerning abrasive opinions, obscene gestures, and long anti-everything rants, and you can either take it or leave it, im just here to pass on what Ive learned to you, and im by no means a respected or even liked voice or should I say sentence on these forums, they were here long before my existence, and will be here long after my demise, but I will pass on a few unwritten rules of the forum, and personal tips to you Ive discovered, 1st rule number 5, if you say anything derogatory, towards anyone, you automatically have to give me your PayPal information as you are in direct violation of rule #5, after you have argued or used another member of this forums post in a derogatory light, you then owe $10, paid to me, I was voted in as Harmonies Book Burner, during last election, if you in the course of the insult use any words deemed vulgar, crass, or obscene, this puts you directly in violation of rule #9, that is the swear word rule, we have to use an alternative version of any swear word we feel like using, if you are blurry on what constitutes a swear word, you can find the list, it's basically the big 7, plus a few others , there is also a convenient list of alternative words to use in place of the swear word your wanting to use, this will be very helpful, also a sub category to that rule, is the use of certain musicians names, like the front man for the 70s group Blackjack, his name isn't allowed to be used in these forums, there are a few others, but violation of this rule is a fine of $69, paid via PayPal to me of course, they take swearing very very seriously, we can all use the forum and have fun, and it will continue to provide us with hours upon hours of mindful entertainment, as long as we all follow the rules, and only agree with each other, I hope this helps you out, I sure would've been thankful for someone to help me like this when I 1st fucked up, oh shit!! looks like I just fuc... oops!! fudged, myself out of $200, but the other thing is Dontdokken, I realize you are new, and I admire your tenacity, but bro, you fucked up by apologizing for it, a hint to you, if your going to go at one of the Chief Contributers to this site, not to mention an Icon in the gay pornography community, your probably not going to want to turn around and retract or apologize for anything you say, if anything you need to put the boots to the throat, and go harder, do what you want, just read this post, and maybe give it some consideration, and another thing, many of these new bands like the one you slammed here, well lets just say, go back and look at some of my old posts, I felt much like you a few years ago, you know what it was, ignorance, it was me hating the establishment that I saw as keeping "my music" out of america, but you know what bro, theres plenty of my music coming out all over the world, and some of these bands are legitimately talented, yeah they don't offer any type of technical musicianship, but thats your fault for listening to it for tech musicianship, I never heard one of these bands claim to being groundbreaking musicians, but what they are, is killer song writers, and a few of them are gigantic 80s hair metal fans, and are merely playing a relevant sound of music for the times, and adding in their own love of hair metal to it, making it not a natural progression off 80's hair metal, but a branch off that tree, dont be a sucker or hater, if you dont like the newer music thats fine, but i have to think your a little like I was, and that is an assumption from your post, dont hate something you haven't given a fair opportunity, If I recommend a band to start at, will you take my recommendation seriously? and try it out? with an open mind, and tell me what you think of it? let me know please Dontdokken, and I'll wave all broken rules fines, OK? :masturbanana:

if your going to go at one of the Chief Contributers to this site, not to mention an Icon in the gay pornography community

:rofl:

Oh... sorry everyone, did I express my personal opinion? I am terribly sorry it won't happen again. It seems that I have stepped on some toes here.. but I completely understand, I am "new" here, so I must be wrong... Jeezus!

Things are simpler than they seem, you (place name here) like a band, I don't... There is no way in changing my mind... so keep any clever comments to yourself (referring to the scrotum part). The tracks are crap to my ears I expressed my opinion and that's that... unless this is a promo section...

As for how I rate music.... again a matter of personal taste so any other mentor-y comments can and should be avoided.

It's 1992 all over again when my friends tried to convince me that Nirvana was musical revolution... Who made you king of the world...

p.s. A guitar solo is not the Alpha and Omega of a song but it's what draws the line (usually) between a great song and a masterpiece IMHO (always).

p.p.s. I personally find Satriani and Vai albums very boring (with a few exceptions of course)

Glad you took all that away from my post. And thanks for telling me how my posts should be too. What I can and cannot do, and can and cannot say to you. That really helps. Can you also confirm that my deep faith in Jesus is okay with you? Do I pray enough? Am I in love with Jesus, and even God... do I love God as much as I should? As much as Jesus? I just love the both so much. Please tell me it's okay with you?

It's a nice politically correct post, and I can even picture the tear in the corner of your eye, but is it not contradictory for you to advise me that I need professional help for thinking these songs are melodic, and then you fly off the handle. I mean, dude, you cut sick. Went wild... call it what you will. But is your passionate outburst at me for doing what you already did not a lesson in irony?

I don't care if you're a new member or not - I like new members and I hope you stick around. But there's no point starting a discussion and then flailing your hands about in the air and having a tantrum the moment someone says something that doesn't please you. It's just an internet discussion... it's not going to murder you.

Now let me play badminton with your balls. Sorry, you told me not to speak like that. So I won't.

Or will I?

Nah, of course not. I respect you too much.

Or do I?

Nah, but it sounded nice. Or did it?

:yikes:

WALL OF TEXT CRITICAL HITS YOU FOR 1000 DAMAGE. YOU DIE...

Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo stick. Learn how to use paragraphs, man.... PLEASE!

:crazy:

Hehe (-:

Yeah that was pretty painful to read, I stopped after the first line.

I like both sides of this argument, but as James says I can think of plenty of 'great' songs recently which would have been 'better' for me if they had a solo.

2 classic recent examples of this are WET - On The Run and Jimi Jamison - Bullet in the Gun which bizarrely are both CRYING OUT FOR A SOLO at exactly 2 mins 35.....same point in each song. Listen and tell me if I'm wrong. The WET song in particular leaves me wanting........

Of course it needs to be a great solo (not a shite one lol), but Im sure EM could have conjured up something suitable in each case.

Would have made both these songs near 10/10 instead of 9/10.

Just saying.

Guest dontdokken

Glad you took all that away from my post. And thanks for telling me how my posts should be too. What I can and cannot do, and can and cannot say to you. That really helps. Can you also confirm that my deep faith in Jesus is okay with you? Do I pray enough? Am I in love with Jesus, and even God... do I love God as much as I should? As much as Jesus? I just love the both so much. Please tell me it's okay with you?

It's a nice politically correct post, and I can even picture the tear in the corner of your eye, but is it not contradictory for you to advise me that I need professional help for thinking these songs are melodic, and then you fly off the handle. I mean, dude, you cut sick. Went wild... call it what you will. But is your passionate outburst at me for doing what you already did not a lesson in irony?

I don't care if you're a new member or not - I like new members and I hope you stick around. But there's no point starting a discussion and then flailing your hands about in the air and having a tantrum the moment someone says something that doesn't please you. It's just an internet discussion... it's not going to murder you.

Now let me play badminton with your balls. Sorry, you told me not to speak like that. So I won't.

Or will I?

Or do I?

You understand that I'm already done with the conversation but you are still trying to have the last word, right? And that you are the only one trying take every single detail of the things I've written to answer back, right?

:yikes:

WALL OF TEXT CRITICAL HITS YOU FOR 1000 DAMAGE. YOU DIE...

Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo stick. Learn how to use paragraphs, man.... PLEASE!

:crazy:

Sorry Dan, you see what it is I cant use buttons on my phone, they are broke, so I just have to text and hope it comes out right, unlike my home pc of which I can use punctuation, so sorry for giving you all a headache, I didnt realize how bad it was till I got on my home computer and tried to read it, so anyone who did make it through it, sorry, LOL, my bad, but hopefully you got the point,

if your going to go at one of the Chief Contributers to this site, not to mention an Icon in the gay pornography community

You read that far? My condolences to you, sir!

HEY!! Nice of you to chime in, I knew all it would take was to get on my phone and go on a rant, I figured, what would bring Jeff out, and what do you know.

Or will I?

Or do I?

Your a fag

• My Little Pony

I like both sides of this argument, but as James says I can think of plenty of 'great' songs recently which would have been 'better' for me if they had a solo.

2 classic recent examples of this are WET - On The Run and Jimi Jamison - Bullet in the Gun which bizarrely are both CRYING OUT FOR A SOLO at exactly 2 mins 35.....same point in each song. Listen and tell me if I'm wrong. The WET song in particular leaves me wanting........

Of course it needs to be a great solo (not a shite one lol), but Im sure EM could have conjured up something suitable in each case.

Would have made both these songs near 10/10 instead of 9/10.

Just saying.

I disagree Glen--that's a first! ;}

I don't think "On the Run" needs a solo. In fact, I think it would hurt the song, rather than help it. I love the track the way it is.

You read that far? My condolences to you, sir!

I scan read it and the reference to Geoff's gay porn exploits kind of stood out as the funniest bit. :D