FIRED! And in disbelief it lasted as long as it did

Leykis101

Most of you know, that I am a DJ, I would really like to do talk radio, but I have been a DJ in one form or another since I was a young intern in 1994 while still in high school, I have traveled all over the country playing so many different formats and so many different stations, I finally one day decided I fucking hated it, more then I wanted to be a dj growing up, I realized I didn't ever want to be one again, my goal as I grew older was to learn the production and engineering side of it, and as radio is in it's dying phase, huge corps have purchased the majority of stations in big markets, these industries have no clue how to program radio, just like everything else they have monopolized, they have managed to accelerate the death of radio, to the point now most stations dont even use dj or on air talent, most are automated, but I have kept a foot in the door jocking at a country station in Salt Lake City, on weekends, I dont advertise it, I dont openly display the fact I do it, it's just not a big deal to me anymore, I actually do not enjoy the fact that people are different to you when you do this, when I was in high school the 1st time I answered the studio phone, I had girls wanting me to come over to their house when I got off of work, to an 11th grade kid, I dont know what could be more fuel to want to be a dj then that happening, but I have been known to say things that have gotten me fined, fired, and even briefly restricted, it has always been from a place of emotion, and never from a place of wanting recognition, and I have never ever apologized for anything Ive ever said, but doing this country gig has been the most kick back of any of them, it was my 1st country gig, and knowing my baby girl loves to listen to me, and her and her friends frequently call in, I have gone out of my way to be a cleaner person, I had a few people who hate my guts from previous outings at various stations here in Utah, and why do they hate me? well it's a few fun loving, mormons, these tolerable folk hate me cause im an Atheist, and they found me Saturday night, I foolishly took a live call, dedicating songs to people who had loved ones serving in other country's, and mainly taking calls from Hill Air Force Base(the AFB here in Utah), but of course I had to get one of these funny Mormons who decided to try and put me on the spot, even going as far as making note that I must be doing the call in thing cause I have to, not because I could possibly care about anyones feelings who happen to have a loved one serving in another country, yes of course, because im an atheist, I couldn't possibly know what it feels like to love someone or miss someone, and even care on top of that about someone else's loved ones, well I lost my cool, then my mouth lost its cool, I will put it on youtube and post it up here as soon as I can, it wasn't anything that shocking, but It was enough to get my axed, I wanted to vent, instead of venting how I'd like, i am just venting to my metal brethren, hoping you guys will please make light of this, bust my balls, make funny of me, give me the most vile crass and mean spirited ball busting you can manage, cause I am feeling pretty bad right now, despite how I sound, maybe you guys can make me feel a little bit better? or not?

So I take it you gave the caller the business and that led to your termination? Man that's gotta be tough living up in that area in the thick of the "loving, caring, we are all brothers and sisters" group of happy-time mormons. I've lived amongst them in Arizona and it's amazing once they find out you aren't "one of them" how fast their attitudes change towards you. I guess you will just have to start your own underground station.

Heres the thing, and I know there is another HH guy on the forum here, who says he is in Salt Lake, I dont know him, well I may but I dont know him by name to know if I know him or not, but here is what almost nobody knows, Salt Lake City itself, is one of the most Liberal places there are, I think there are more Gays in Salt Lake City per Capita then anywhere else, they always have a far left liberal leader, they are responsible for the lone Democrat that you see in Utah's electorate, the city I lived in was called Ogden, it is as close to a real city as your going to find in this part of the country, meaning the absolutely next to none black population in Utah, are In Ogden, it seems to be a resort for illegal mexicans, and it was basically a premier railroading city back in the 30's, they called 25th ST Little Chicago, about a homicide a night up until the 80's, so the bulk of the metropolitan areas are the diverse and liberal parts of the state, and you gotta figure, anywhere that there are heavy ranking anythings, be it religions, politics, anything, there is going to be that equal sub culture that revolts against it, so you will find that the Mormons indoctrinate kids here, before they are old enough to think for themselves, so when they do start to think for themselves, the ones who wise up not only dont buy the mormon mumbo jumbo, they rebel hardcore against it, but once your name is in their system, it's extremely difficult to get it out, they are by far some of the most judgmental people Ive ever came across, they are extremely cunning, their heads are way up in the clouds, and it's easy to take their naive and air headed act as it appears, they are actually very skilled in their mumbo jumbo, and it can be very impressive to watch them work when you start rolling out some of the more complexed questions, and work your way into the questions you know they will not answer honestly(like why was Joseph Smith really in jail when he died) but they are absolutely the least tolerant people you'll ever meet, they have a group of their own antagonists, and they have generally stayed clear of me, they do not like my step dad who is a meteorologist here in Salt Lake City, he was excommunicated and is as he says a Happy Target for them, but once in awhile one of them who doesn't know me, they will decide they have big balls and try to go with me, but they got me Saturday, and it is hard to admit defeat, especially at the hands of someone who are so unworldly and regressed, I had my guard down stupidly and I knew before I even engaged them I shouldve just hit the kill switch, and I went to, but something in me decided what the fuck, I haven't had a good target practice in awhile, it might wake people up, of course we all know what hindsight is, but the worst part is that I dont work with a producer, so if anything slips and I dont hit a button(it's refereed to as a dump button)then It goes on the air, now douche bag really isn't even something I'd worry about saying, but I guess when it's being used in it's true form, as in a reference to something the callers mother probably outta have seeked out, and modified into an abortion bag, then it becomes indecent? I was being serious, and I guess that doesn't matter, but yeah, thanks for letting me vent, I was told today that if I made an appearance at this LDS thing and discussed this with an open mind they will be willing to let me come back on, I cant figure out why, but Im going to have to assume since this wasn't a public thing, and actually NO!! newspapers or anything even wrote about it, that there is another agenda behind it, and i dont plan on being a crusader for anything that has anything to do outside of bashing mormons, and I dont even do that, so now im going from sad and defeated to angry and abrupt, but yeah maybe you guys can tell me, do you think I should smooch some ass and get the job back, or am I acting mature telling them all to get fucked and not giving in, honestly, whats your thoughts?

First off and youve already beat yourself up about it, but you played into the hands of the enemy bro. They got EXACTLY what they wanted and you piped off and got the ax and they sat around feeling good about themselves for sticking it to ya.

As my good friend ADC would say "you dumb f@ckin' dummy."

That said, the best thing you could do now to "get back" at them is to smooch a little posterior and get back on the air waves and in the future as a wise man said, "kill em with kindness". Or like you said, "Hit the dump button." ANd besides you gotta think about your family and how "she" likes you being on the air and how it makes her feel.

Just my 2 cents, you douche. :)

First off and youve already beat yourself up about it, but you played into the hands of the enemy bro. They got EXACTLY what they wanted and you piped off and got the ax and they sat around feeling good about themselves for sticking it to ya.

As my good friend ADC would say "you dumb f@ckin' dummy."

That said, the best thing you could do now to "get back" at them is to smooch a little posterior and get back on the air waves and in the future as a wise man said, "kill em with kindness". Or like you said, "Hit the dump button." ANd besides you gotta think about your family and how "she" likes you being on the air and how it makes her feel.

Just my 2 cents, you douche. :)

You are right bro, I come to you guys, frankly you have nothing to win or lose in helping with a few answers, I figure i will ponder it a few nights, I have calmed way down, and im being totally serious, thank you guys for letting me vent to you, and actually caring enough to give me your 2 cents, I have a feeling if I do not do this the right way, it is going to hit Facebook, and even better the news, or newspaper, then they will have the angle, I will figure it out, fuckem, anyways, appreciate you fuckers,

i'm in Mesa, AZ and i see the mormon's on their bikes all the time. they tend to leave you alone if youre wearing a metal shirt though.

they only approched me once to talk, but gave up quickly when i told them i wanted to buy 1 box of thin mints and one box of samoas.

Mormon,moron it's all the fuckin' same to me,believe what you want to believe but don,t come selling your shit to me and besides i'm burning down in hell cause they party fuckin' hard down there.Don,t sweat it bro just do what you gotta do to get by and fuck the rest of'em.

Looking forward to the youtube clip. Good luck with getting the gig back, or pursuing otherwise if you go that route.

Shoot a mormon. Whoops, ignore me. I am kidding. I meant to say shoot a mormon.

Geoff, I have to wait for my main man who works at the station to either, leak it onto the internet, or smuggle me a copy of it, because I dont record myself on the radio, obviously, and im not permitted back into the studio, so I have to rely on the powers that be(my good friend) to give me access to the audio, that is why I havent already put it up here, but I also hesitate because I dont want to seem proud of the way I handled it, I want to put it up here to show you what complete fucking morons I dealt with all the time, and how its really like lining them up and taking them down, so do not get the wrong idea why I will post it to begin with.

Not trying to hijack your thread or anything, but Tuesday night I got written up at work. I can't tell you how infuriated it made me. The previous night I nearly walked. The only thing that kept me from it is that I would be homeless. Wal-mart is a horrid place to work. You want to know how horrid the place is getting? A co-worker of mine is on maintenance. He's an older guy that has some physical problems. He got pneumonia was gone for a long time. I believe he was in the hospital 2 weeks. He gets back and they announce his return at the nightly meeting. Management truely acted as though they were glad to see him back. Less than a week later they fired him. It was because he wasn't able to complete his tasks on time. That's the same shit they wrote me up for.

I don't know what your employer was like. If they treated you well that would be sad to lose the job. In the future you would be wise to think before you speak. It's a whole different ballgame when your employer is actively trying to figure out ways to fuck you.

Not trying to hijack your thread or anything, but Tuesday night I got written up at work. I can't tell you how infuriated it made me. The previous night I nearly walked. The only thing that kept me from it is that I would be homeless. Wal-mart is a horrid place to work. You want to know how horrid the place is getting? A co-worker of mine is on maintenance. He's an older guy that has some physical problems. He got pneumonia was gone for a long time. I believe he was in the hospital 2 weeks. He gets back and they announce his return at the nightly meeting. Management truely acted as though they were glad to see him back. Less than a week later they fired him. It was because he wasn't able to complete his tasks on time. That's the same shit they wrote me up for.

I don't know what your employer was like. If they treated you well that would be sad to lose the job. In the future you would be wise to think before you speak. It's a whole different ballgame when your employer is actively trying to figure out ways to fuck you.

I have had friends work at Walmart over the years and none of them have good things to say.

I hate to tell you this bro, if they wanted to fuck you, they would just fuck you, they dont really need a reason, it's kind of like the cops, they can make up the reason they are pulling you over on the way to your window, isnt there somewhere else to work where you live? my employer was great that is the worst part of this, how they were so quick to cut my throat, they have generally had my back, Ive been there for 4 years, so that is what stings the worst, yeah.

I have had friends work at Walmart over the years and none of them have good things to say.

We have had patients come in that have gotten hurt while working at Walmart. They come in as a work comp patient and compared to the other 99% of the companies who we have dealt with for work comp patients, Walmart is BY FAR the absolute worst. It's like having the gestapo on your ass the whole time you are recovering from your injury.

We have had patients come in that have gotten hurt while working at Walmart. They come in as a work comp patient and compared to the other 99% of the companies who we have dealt with for work comp patients, Walmart is BY FAR the absolute worst. It's like having the gestapo on your ass the whole time you are recovering from your injury.

Well that may be why every friend Ive ever had who's worked at Walmart, has gone above and beyond the call of duty, to make sure they are equally compensated for their bullshit jobs they are axed to carry out, like my one friend who I told it would be absolutely 100% wrong to help himself to a playstation 3, not to mention telling them you'll purchase the games up front with the system, games which I did not endorse him getting, Black Ops 2 and the newest Madden, and that he would live with the guilt for years to come if he actually took home a bad ass comforter to test out before he actually threw his hard earned extremely chinsey, wages on it, I must agree, where I absolutely DO NOT CONDONE! this type of testing out of the comforter, thats a pretty fucking comfortable comforter, and when he gets around to paying on it, I dont know how he could be any happier? I also had a very big problem wy putting the huge heavy ass bags of dog food, on the bottom of the shopping cart(one was mine) because for some reason when we went through checkout, the checker seemed to have missed the dog food entirely, which if I had been on top of my game, I would've called it on the spot, but I didn't even notice until we were loading the car up, so I have to say, Walmart has given my buddy the shaft in various ways, be it on his hours, his OT, or when they did away with their entire maintenance crew and hired in some outside company, whose entire roster combined for 5 words of English, and everyones last name ended with a Z, leaving my buddy as kind of a rover, with no real job title, he just keeps calm, doesn't raise any attention, and just makes sure if he's being made to feel like hes being fucked in the ass, he always makes sure he gets a couple good pumps of his own, when the opportunity arises, but of course, I would never condone any such activity, by any means, I believe you should never handle things like an outlaw, it's much more effective to work things out through the management, thats what I think

• 2 weeks later...

Walmart is very methodical in screwing people over. They slowly tighten the screw and knock people off one by one. If they become too hostile they risk a revolt. When that occurs they end up screwing themselves over.

The thing with my employment there is that two years ago they were the only place that would hire me. My work history wasn't exactly spectacular. I wanted to stay in one place a while and rebuild it. I thought over time the economy would improve and more opportunities would become available. When I was ready I would go elsewhere. Unfortunately for me I still have no idea what I want to do. Things have improved, but the opportunities are still limited.

Walmart is very methodical in screwing people over. They slowly tighten the screw and knock people off one by one. If they become too hostile they risk a revolt. When that occurs they end up screwing themselves over.

The thing with my employment there is that two years ago they were the only place that would hire me. My work history wasn't exactly spectacular. I wanted to stay in one place a while and rebuild it. I thought over time the economy would improve and more opportunities would become available. When I was ready I would go elsewhere. Unfortunately for me I still have no idea what I want to do. Things have improved, but the opportunities are still limited.

You want work? You want money? 2 words: oil fields. Check out the oil fields in North Dakota. Those guys are making bank and I'm not kidding. It would be perfect for a single guy who doesn't have a lot to lose by moving somewhere new.

You want work? You want money? 2 words: oil fields. Check out the oil fields in North Dakota. Those guys are making bank and I'm not kidding. It would be perfect for a single guy who doesn't have a lot to lose by moving somewhere new.

It's like the mines here in Australia. I agree that if you're young and single this is the place to be. I know stories of guys who have literally set themselves up for life after as little as 3 years in a job like this. If you're smart with your money, no reason you couldn't do the same.