Type of music fan on HH

Leykis101

I was wondering, Ive noticed around here, a certain type of fan, out on the main sight, as well as in here, this is a fan who you can pretty much count on, regardless of the quality or effort of a band, you can count on this fan to without question, they are going to like every release that comes out no matter what, almost like clockwork, a band could release the absolute biggest load of shit ever released, and theres always that guy who's going to think it's the complete and full on deal, the works, the whole package, and refuses to even concede a song that might not be up to par, and you look around and all the other fans have pretty much agreed on the fact the disc blows, but not this fan, he is super excited about it, and it's release is the drop of the year, do you guys know the fan im talking about? does this ever crawl quietly under your skin, and build up, and then you finally notice it, and it really confuses you about your own taste, or judgment? or does it just totally fucking annoy you to know end?

Mmm I don't know too many people like that. Most melodic rock fans I know are v fickle about their bands and if an album sucks they will hold their hands up and admit so.

I guess my band I will support to the hilt is Journey, but even then I am open enough to admit that in the main part Generations sucked and Eclipse whilst interesting and experimental really didn't work. It seemed really good when I first got it but didn't have much longevity.

• My Little Pony

Like Glen, I have one or two bands that I may support regardless, but I'm no fool. I'm not gonna praise something I don't believe is worthy. I'm interested to know who you're referring to, Cody, but perhaps it wouldn't be appropriate to out them.

Like Glen, I have one or two bands that I may support regardless, but I'm no fool. I'm not gonna praise something I don't believe is worthy. I'm interested to know who you're referring to, Cody, but perhaps it wouldn't be appropriate to out them.

Your kidding right? you don't think i'd out them in a second if I was referring to an individual? sadly I am just looking around and reading old shit, and out on the main sight, and instead of doing what I usually do, looking for a band with over 20 reviews and it's unanimous that everyone has posted something positive, instead I have been seeking out bands or discs, that nobody likes, and I have ran into a few that pretty much fucking blow, but it seems on everyone of them, there is one dude, who just fucking sports wood over it, and then I get looking around, and noticing it to be a select few guys that like it, matter of fact they like everything, I am now searching for something they do not like, I do not know who they are, one of them speaks spanish, I will say that, I dont believe they are contributers to this forum, but im not sure, if I was speaking of one of you, bet your ass I would use names, believe it or not, I dont fuck with people I dont know, unless they fuck with me first of course, thats just not what I do, so if I eventually find it comical, then I will let on who Im watching, just so you guys can start trying to prove me wrong, maybe one of you will find something these guys don't like, but as of yet, I haven't found a Crisis Party CD they dont like!!!

I guess it's all a little subjective too. Through the years, one of the most frustrating thing I've found on music forums is people rating a release based on the name alone, not the music on the disc.

No finer example than in 2012 with Van Halen.

'Til the day I die I will persist that from a completely neutral point of view - just listening to the music for what it is, regardless of what type of rock I am ultimately a fan of... there are only about 3 songs on that CD I don't view as utter garbage. But that view doesn't seem to have been shared by many. Though when I broke it down, it looked like everyone who did actually think the CD was any good was a long time VH fan. As far as I could tell, most neutral listeners were on a similar page to me. I dunno, I guess it's harder with bands with such a huge fanbase to assess the situation accurately.

Anyway, long story short, I do dislike this practice of rating anything and everything well, and I much prefer to take the advice from someone who calls it as it is without nonsense. And they're the opinions I follow most on this board; people I know as unbiased straight shooters.

I'm no fool either, I love my genre/style of music and will state my opinion if it's good/bad. Dokken is one of my favorite bands period, and they have put out some shitty music. Bon Jovi went from a good hard aor band to being Bruce Springsteen(nothing wrong with Bruce, but if that is what I want to hear I will Listen to Bruce).

I bet you are talking about Rick Vzla - he loves just about every cd going and rates a good cd 95% and a shit cd 85% lol - bless him.

HA HA HA!! you had to pull that curtain back didnt you Glen?

I guess it's all a little subjective too. Through the years, one of the most frustrating thing I've found on music forums is people rating a release based on the name alone, not the music on the disc.

'Til the day I die I will persist that from a completely neutral point of view - just listening to the music for what it is, regardless of what type of rock I am ultimately a fan of... there are only about 3 songs on that CD I don't view as utter garbage. But that view doesn't seem to have been shared by many. Though when I broke it down, it looked like everyone who did actually think the CD was any good was a long time VH fan. As far as I could tell, most neutral listeners were on a similar page to me. I dunno, I guess it's harder with bands with such a huge fanbase to assess the situation accurately.

Anyway, long story short, I do dislike this practice of rating anything and everything well, and I much prefer to take the advice from someone who calls it as it is without nonsense. And they're the opinions I follow most on this board; people I know as unbiased straight shooters.

Nice try Geoff, there is no way you can be neutral or objective, regardless how hard you try, you've already made it unsoundly clear your disdain for VH, therefore, there really is no way of listening to it from any other angle, perhaps they will release a song you dig, and you can go in from that way, but you really need to give us another example, a fair one, not one tainted with the goo from your hatred for VH, I'm waiting.

I'm no fool either, I love my genre/style of music and will state my opinion if it's good/bad. Dokken is one of my favorite bands period, and they have put out some shitty music. Bon Jovi went from a good hard aor band to being Bruce Springsteen(nothing wrong with Bruce, but if that is what I want to hear I will Listen to Bruce).

God you aren't kidding, Dokken has put some shitty shit out haven't they? thats not really a good example either, because the bad shit they have put out is so bad, I dont really know how you could sit here and say it was anything but bad, and have anyone believe you, now let's use a believable scenario by a band that we have yet to be disappointed by, that's right my metal brethren, we are talking about the legends, the band that couldn't release a bad record if they intentionally sat down as a band to write a bad album, a band whose worst album is not judged on how bad it is, but yet it's judged on the few minuet ways that it could've been better, that's right gentleman, I'm speaking of none other then METALLICA!!! now that's a perfect example right there, your welcome, now please proceed.

Nice try Geoff, there is no way you can be neutral or objective, regardless how hard you try, you've already made it unsoundly clear your disdain for VH, therefore, there really is no way of listening to it from any other angle, perhaps they will release a song you dig, and you can go in from that way, but you really need to give us another example, a fair one, not one tainted with the goo from your hatred for VH, I'm waiting.

It's all very well to try and justify such a bad poor review of something you love by saying I hated it from the start because of my opinion of VH. But you and I both know it's rubbish. Why is it then that I like three Cher albums, three Michael Bolton albums, some Belinda Carlisle discs, a random Westlife song, CheapTrick's 'Busted', some Backstreet Boys songs here and there, 'Empire' from Queensryche... etc. The list is endless of artists that I do not actually like that I have given a fair chance. And Van Halen is a band I have tried a million times (and like I said, I even like about one full album's worth of their songs).

If something is supposed to be good I'll listen to it with the most open ears on this forum. I am 100% confident in myself that I listen to songs for songs, uninfluenced by the artist's name. You know I am brutally honest about bands I love who release bad CDs, so what makes you think it doesn't work vice versa?

Why is it then that I like three Cher albums, three Michael Bolton albums, some Belinda Carlisle discs, a random Westlife song, CheapTrick's 'Busted', some Backstreet Boys songs here and there,

cause your gay!

And lets go back anywhere on any board any thread, and see where i one time ever said I liked the new VH??? truth is, ive never even really heard van halen, I think i heard Jump at my aerobics class, and I believe one time I tumbled to Love Walks In, to my knowledge that's absolutely the only experience ive ever had with Van Halen

Why is it then that I like three Cher albums, three Michael Bolton albums, some Belinda Carlisle discs, a random Westlife song, CheapTrick's 'Busted', some Backstreet Boys songs here and there,

cause your gay!

:-)

I admit I USED to think My favorite band at the time,. Metallica could do no wrong?? Then they released Load, and Reload and then St Anger... Well after that I Sure didn't think that way anymore.. Sorry....

Same goes for Manowar?? Right up until the GOD Awful Gods of War album....

Now I will admit I Probably WILL buy the new Metallica album when it comes out, but as for thinking it will be the BEST thing ever?? Nah, not gonna hold My breath....

I admit I USED to think My favorite band at the time,. Metallica could do no wrong?? Then they released Load, and Reload and then St Anger... Well after that I Sure didn't think that way anymore.. Sorry....

Same goes for Manowar?? Right up until the GOD Awful Gods of War album....

Now I will admit I Probably WILL buy the new Metallica album when it comes out, but as for thinking it will be the BEST thing ever?? Nah, not gonna hold My breath....

Damn, I wish you would waste your money on my albums, maybe I will talk you into just giving me the money that it would cost to buy the new Metallica album, in turn I will give you some online counseling, and we will get you worked thru this metallica thing your on!

Slayer, no matter what they put out! i will buy it.

R.H.C.P. again if they put it out, iam all over it!

And lets go back anywhere on any board any thread, and see where i one time ever said I liked the new VH??? truth is, ive never even really heard van halen, I think i heard Jump at my aerobics class, and I believe one time I tumbled to Love Walks In, to my knowledge that's absolutely the only experience ive ever had with Van Halen

I figured from that other recent thread that you were a die-hard VH fan. Good to hear you're actually sensible.

And yes, I am gay. This has been established previously.

I use to be that way with .38 Special. Even that last stinker DRIVETRAIN that they put out I gave it a solid reveiw because I wanted to like it so much that I found things I liked about it and believed that. But about a month with it I came to realise that besides 1 song the album was a total let down. even the 2 songs that they covered themselves were much better in their original form.

that being said I will buy the next cd they put out if they ever do

cause your gay!

I think i heard Jump at my aerobics class

Anyone else love the delicious irony?

:whistle::poke:

:lol:

At least someone acknowledged it!

• My Little Pony

cause your gay!

I think i heard Jump at my aerobics class

Anyone else love the delicious irony?

:whistle::poke:

:lol:

At least someone acknowledged it!

And that is why he's our fearless leader. Among many other reasons.