Include officially-released download-only albums/EPs on main site?

heavyharmonies

Include download-only releases?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given that more artists (especially independents) are officially releasing EPs and full releases as downloads, i-Tunes only, etc., without a physical CD version, should they be included for completeness?

Two caveats in my mind:

1. They would have an entry in the description that indicates they are download-only, so people don't think they are available on CD.

2. I'm not considering extending this to going back to vinyl, cassette, 8-track, etc. Just modern officially-sanctioned releases.

Like it or not, we're going to be seeing more of these as time goes on.

Definite yes from me. Especially if there's a feature which advises if a release is physical or MP3 only, that surely cancels out any issue anyone might have with it?

Like you say, it's 2013 and in 5-10 years there may not even be any new CDs any more. It's sadly just the way it's going so there's no point ignoring it. :)

Yes, definitely agree on that. And also include everything that was only released as CDR or tape, I don't see any harm on doing that, after all heavyharmonies is a music site, not a CD-only site :)

• My Little Pony

Yes, definitely agree on that. And also include everything that was only released as CDR or tape, I don't see any harm on doing that, after all heavyharmonies is a music site, not a CD-only site :)

Not according to Dan.

CDs. Not vinyl. Not cassettes. Not 8-tracks. Not MiniDiscs.

No.

Ok, now you're pissing me off. You know damned well I clarified my opinion in the original thread, and you know the distinction I am making.

If you prefer, I'll just make an arbitrary decision WITHOUT bothering to solicit any input from anyone...

• My Little Pony

Ok, now you're pissing me off. You know damned well I clarified my opinion in the original thread, and you know the distinction I am making.

If you prefer, I'll just make an arbitrary decision WITHOUT bothering to solicit any input from anyone...

Are you talking to me, or the lot of us? I know what you mean, and I'm not arguing. I simply used your words to reply to Nightrain.

Yes, let's keep up with the times & include download only official releases.

German melodic rockers Frontline actually have a download only release orginating from Uruguay of all places :)

Expand on this please. When was it released and what songs are on it? Is it a full release no one else is aware of?

Yep, I'm for it as well.

• 5 weeks later...