Buckcherry - Confessions

Stefan

Such a middle of the road band... never know if I bother to keep checking them out or not. The single sounds pretty good, but not sure if it's got any staying power. They have never been a bad band, just never great either. Yeah... not sure if I'll check it out or not... It is a solid tune, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Revisited their back catalogue to ready myself for their live show this Saturday. Their first 3 discs are phenomenal! I like Black Butterflies, too (it has several monster tunes on it imo). I would rank All Night Long their weakest to date but still enjoy it as well.

Like what I'm hearing from Gluttony and will be grabbing Confessions the day of its release.

• 2 weeks later...

They're a one-trick pony as far as I'm concerned ... a few really good songs, but nothing that gets me excited about a new album ...

• 1 month later...

Really is a pretty good song. Might just force me to check out the new album when it does drop.

It in the JBs as from yesterday for nere $Au15, but we , Aussies, are not getting the cd/dvd version.

Really is a pretty good song. Might just force me to check out the new album when it does drop.

It in the JBs as from yesterday for nere $Au15, but we , Aussies, are not getting the cd/dvd version.

Not worth the money, mate. 'Gluttony' is by miles the best song on here, and only 'Envy' of the rest is really any good. Very, very average CD overall, again. :(

Oh thats a shame....I was gonna give this a listen on Spotify in the hope it would be like that Gluttony track.

Hey ho.....may give it a sneaky listen anyway just out of curiosity.

• 3 weeks later...

'Gluttony' is a nice grower and I eventually will be able to gave it 8. Most of this stuffs here are quite okay, probably bouncing around 6.5 - 7.5, although I maybe rate more 7/10 tracks than Geoff. However, the power ballad of 'The Truth' grows on me and I think I can give it a same point as 'Gluttony'. The last track, 'Dreamin of You', is a simple and smooth acoustical-only track, which is a calming track and I kinda like it.

'Envy', on the contrary, I think is among their weakest here, but I like 'Air', 'Sloth', and 'Water' better than that. The latter track is almost reach 8/10, but the chorus is slightly patchy I guess. Production is solid, musicianship is a 7 - not bad and as expected, but replay value is definitely low, maybe because this disc lacks of > 8 tracks. Overall, probably a disappointment if you expect great hard hittin stuff like 'Gluttony' all over this album, several tracks even contained the alternative touch which I don't really dig, and many various tempos on the songs. Counting only the best 12 tracks and the nice production, I'm satisfied with this score.

73%

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...