Crashdiet - The Savage Playground

Stefan

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Production is fine and song is fine... but that's about it. It's definitely a lot weaker than any single track on 'Generation Wild,' without a doubt.

Like I said, it's fine but I expect a lot better from Crashdiet. It'd be a filler on their other CDs.

The only thing that leaves me a little concerned about the production is that the drums sound a bit weaker than before...

It's an OK track, but like Geoff said it would be a weak one on Generation Wild and not just production wise. The video is Tarantino violent! Just like the one for Generation Wild, I'm sure the violent content will get it banned from airplay.

Sounds perfectly fine - hardly a filler lol. Great riff, love the chorus too - not sure what you guys are expecting - sounds like another great Crashdiet song to me.

Something at very least as good as the last CD. Even better would be perfect. :)

I always Crashdiet fan...couple month a go one of the member of Crashdiet offer me tour shirt via email...i really want to share the pict here but i don't have digicam...other Scandinavian glam assault Toxic Rose is my fave too...

Sounds perfectly fine - hardly a filler lol. Great riff, love the chorus too - not sure what you guys are expecting - sounds like another great Crashdiet song to me.

Something at very least as good as the last CD. Even better would be perfect. :)

Well it was suggested that this was a 'weaker' track (I still think its damned good!) so I am confident of more awesomeness!

Well it was suggested that this was a 'weaker' track (I still think its damned good!) so I am confident of more awesomeness!

I completely 100% trust it will be a weaker track. This is Crashdiet we're speaking of. Probably just another case of whoever is in charge of picking the single is sabotaging the success of the band. :( Even sadder if it's the band themselves that select the song.

I'm not too worried about Cocaine Cowboys being a weaker song or the lead off single. Chemical from Generation Wild was not released as a single...I think...and it was probably one of the greatest songs of the past 15 years. That chorus still gives me shivers. I can't wait to hear the entire album.

I'm not too worried about Cocaine Cowboys being a weaker song or the lead off single. Chemical from Generation Wild was not released as a single...I think...and it was probably one of the greatest songs of the past 15 years. That chorus still gives me shivers. I can't wait to hear the entire album.

You see to me I like Chemical but it's not 'mean' enough for Crashdiet imo. Having said that I do love 'Its A Miracle' which is a far better song for me.

I definitely prefer their rougher more rockin side.

God I hope the sound is better on the actual release because the sound quality of those samples weren't very good. The cymbals and tin sounding drums drowned out Simon Cruz's awesome vocals. I should have ignored those samples and have waited for the release itself.

God I hope the sound is better on the actual release because the sound quality of those samples weren't very good. The cymbals and tin sounding drums drowned out Simon Cruz's awesome vocals. I sould have ignored those samples and have waited for the release itself.

I will refrain from listening but that comment scares me. Based on the lead single I am already nervous about a weak drum sound, which would totally kill this for me. :( I will wait for the CD, though, as I've got it pre-ordered anyway.

Ha ha here we go with the I'm worried about the shit sound routine!

Let's hope it sounds as shit as the last Crazy Lixx album eh ;-)

Means it will probably be their best album to date ;-)

Ha ha here we go with the I'm worried about the shit sound routine!

Let's hope it sounds as shit as the last Crazy Lixx album eh ;-)

Means it will probably be their best album to date ;-)

Seriously mate, I'm glad you're content with inferior sound quality, but it angers me that a band in 2012 can't make a CD that sounds great. And honestly, I'm not referring to this album at all because I've only heard a few soundbytes and I have NO idea what it will sound like in the stereo.

But Crazy Lixx is a perfect example. I know you like that weak production with tin drums, but for me (and it seems like a lot of other fans), I can't understand why it's necessary to sound like crap. Why sound like shit if you can, and have, sounded excellent in the past? It just seems stupid to me.

And like I'm sure I've said all over the place, the Crazy Lixx disc is very good... but it could have been and should have been super. And all it needed to be super was the sound/production quality of 'New Religion.'

God I hope the sound is better on the actual release because the sound quality of those samples weren't very good. The cymbals and tin-sounding drums drowned out Simon Cruz's awesome vocals. I should have ignored those samples and have waited for the release itself.

I will refrain from listening but that comment scares me. Based on the lead single I am already nervous about a weak drum sound, which would totally kill this for me. I will wait for the CD, though, as I've got it pre-ordered anyway.

Don't worry, I listened to the samples for you, and, well...be scared. They all sound the same as that lead single does. That said, these are just snippets from Amazon, so who knows how the good--or bad--the sonic quality of the actual release will be. Supposedly I should have my review copy from Frontiers in my hands shortly at which time I can provide a report on the production/engineering.

Well guys I listened to the 1 min samples on itunes and as usual I have no idea what you guys are on about. Either Im deaf or you are too fussy but either way this just sounded like a kick arse rock record to me.

As for the Crazy Lixx sounding poor well to each their own but it sounds bloody great to me.

Over and out.

Well guys, I listened to the 1 min. samples on iTunes and as usual I have no idea what you guys are on about. Either I'm deaf or you are too fussy but either way this just sounded like a kick arse rock record to me. As for the Crazy Lixx sounding poor, well to each their own but it sounds bloody great to me.

Over and out.

Don't misunderstand me--I don't think the Crashdiet sounds "bad," but I don't think it sounds as well-produced as their previous releases. I thought the same thing about Crazy Lixx--I enjoyed the heck out of the album (it even made my Top 10 of 2012)--but it's production/engineering wasn't as good as their earlier stuff. But hey, like you said, maybe I'm just too fussy. I can assure you that the production on the Crashdiet is not nearly bad enough to ruin my enjoyment of the album.

Yeah but to say its not as good is just an opinion, not a technical statement.

I actually thought the more stripped back 'cleaner' sound of the new Crazy Lixx album was great and far better to that wall of sound so called 'amazing production' that you guys refer to. I just thought it was dominated by clashy symbol sound.

As for Crashdiet I think a rougher sound will do em good and more suit their image.

Just imo of course.

Yeah but to say its not as good is just an opinion, not a technical statement.

I actually thought the more stripped back 'cleaner' sound of the new Crazy Lixx album was great and far better to that wall of sound so called 'amazing production' that you guys refer to. I just thought it was dominated by clashy symbol sound.

As for Crashdiet I think a rougher sound will do em good and more suit their image.

Just imo of course.

Have to admit, I don't get how a weak sound represents a rough looking band. Again, just talking about Crazy Lixx as I've not heard Crashdiet. I've seen a lot of bands live and I've never heard a band on stage with tin drums. The drums usually sound HUGE. When I see a band live I love a good crisp set up with the band sounding as heavy and clear and clean as possible. And that's how I like my albums to sound too.

I think it's all nice and noble to say how a raw sound is nice, but when raw means a paper thin sound and piss-weak drums... not sure how that represents a rough hard rock band at all... personally. :)

A big production job always gets the best out of every instrument on the record. Can't see how that's possibly a bad thing in anyone's book?