W.E.T. - RISE UP

DrumRman

Going to go against the grain as usual. 'Learn To Live Again' and 'Shot' are good, 'What You Want' is okay, but I found 'Rise Up', 'Love Heals', 'Broken Wings' and especially 'Walk Away' pretty boring. Couple of downloads for me I think.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on a side note I notice that folk are moaning over at melrock (as they always do!) about the mastering on this cd.

Any one else have an issue, when playing at volume?

Sounds OK to me.

Just on a side note I notice that folk are moaning over at melrock (as they always do!) about the mastering on this cd.

Sounds OK to me.

Sounds good to me too Glen but I'm only one spin in.

• My Little Pony

Sounds OK to me.

It sounds excellent, but it also sounds like that Melrock lot are a bunch of pratts.

Sounds OK to me.

It sounds excellent, but it also sounds like that Melrock lot are a bunch of pratts.

AGREE!

• My Little Pony

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

I'm so glad I found this forum, before I knew about the other one, or I might have become one of those pratts. This site seems to have the most sensible members. I know we have Geoffery and Cody, and Glen's a bit off at times, but, on a whole, we're looking pretty good.

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

I'm so glad I found this forum, before I knew about the other one, or I might have become one of those pratts. This site seems to have the most sensible members. I know we have Geoffery and Cody, and Glen's a bit off at times, but, on a whole, we're looking pretty good.

We all have our favorite band and stick by them for the most part, but those guys over there go to far. Lets take Journey,I love them, love Steve Perry.Every singer they've gotten since SP they are like OMG Steve A is great( who's SP?) then he's gone and again OMG JSS is awesome(who's SA?)now they are like AP is the best( who's JSS?)!!! I still listen to them with what ever singer is the flavor of the month, but SP is Journey to me and always will be. All they are doing with AP is sounding like Journey with SP, without SP! What does that tell you?!

• My Little Pony

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

We all have our favorite band and stick by them for the most part, but those guys over there go to far. Lets take Journey,I love them, love Steve Perry.Every singer they've gotten since SP they are like OMG Steve A is great( who's SP?) then he's gone and again OMG JSS is awesome(who's SA?)now they are like AP is the best( who's JSS?)!!! I still listen to them with what ever singer is the flavor of the month, but SP is Journey to me and always will be. All they are doing with AP is sounding like Journey with SP, without SP! What does that tell you?!

Sorry, bud, you kinda lost me there. Lost me at "Journey." ;}

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

I'm the voice of reason mate - just keeping you lot in check ;-)

• My Little Pony

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

Oh, yes, of course.

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

I too loved the Perry era, but I'm glad they continued in whatever the guise.

You can't really dispute that Arrival and Revelation are 2 of the best Journey slbums even without Perry singing.

And seeing Journey live at Manchester with Augeri (even with click tapes - I didn't notice), is still one of the best gigs I've seen, and at the time was a dream come true as a life long Journey fan who never thought he would see them on UK shores.

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

Oh, yes, of course.

And I'm just that guy. You know, the one who speaks facts rather than opinions. Just a gift I have. Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Anyway, on track, I'm digging this. I listened to it tonight all geared up for 'Shot' and as it played I'm all like, oh, really? That's what they're on about? ;)

Seriously, nice tune, but I much prefer 'Walk away,' 'Love Heals,' 'The moment,' 'Bad Boy,' and 'Broken Wing,' which are my initial faves. :)

• My Little Pony

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

Oh, yes, of course.

And I'm just that guy. You know, the one who speaks facts rather than opinions. Just a gift I have. Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Anyway, on track, I'm digging this. I listened to it tonight all geared up for 'Shot' and as it played I'm all like, oh, really? That's what they're on about? ;)

Seriously, nice tune, but I much prefer 'Walk away,' 'Love Heals,' 'The moment,' 'Bad Boy,' and 'Broken Wing,' which are my initial faves. :)

"Bad Boy" and "On the Run" are my two most frequently played.

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

Not a Journey fan!?

• My Little Pony

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

Not a Journey fan!?

I don't dislike Journey, but they don't get me too excited either. There are a few tracks I really like. If I took the time to familiarize myself with their catalogue, I'm sure I'd find a few more. I saw them back in December and I wasn't too impressed. Loverboy, and especially Night Ranger blew 'em away.

Sounds OK to me.

AGREE!

Not a Journey fan!?

I don't dislike Journey, but they don't get me too excited either. There are a few tracks I really like. If I took the time to familiarize myself with their catalogue, I'm sure I'd find a few more. I saw them back in December and I wasn't too impressed. Loverboy, and especially Night Ranger blew 'em away.

I gotcha

'Learn To Live Again' and 'Rise Up' are my picks.

Those 2 plus Shot for me.

I really like the verses in 'Rise Up' but the chorus is such a letdown. Really bland, repetitive and goes nowhere. For me it's easily the weakest chorus on the CD - shame because the verses sex me.

I really like the verses in 'Rise Up' but the chorus is such a letdown. Really bland, repetitive and goes nowhere. For me it's easily the weakest chorus on the CD - shame because the verses sex me.

loser.

killer song, perfect in every way.

• My Little Pony

loser.

Yeah, perfect in every way...

...apart from where the chorus is really bland, repetitive and goes nowhere.

loser.

Yeah, perfect in every way...

...apart from where the chorus is really bland, repetitive and goes nowhere.

Hey, we're all different.