W.E.T. - RISE UP

DrumRman

This might be the first album EVER that I award a perfect 10 to all of the first 3 tracks.

All 3 are awesome.

'Shot' as well

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know Glen loves it when he is posting three times in a row without any responses.

This might be obvious for Glen with the love he is showing for Rise Up, but is it better than the debut?

I can't wait to get it, but I'm gonna wait to order until next month when I can add the Pretty Maids to my order to cut down on the shipping costs.

This might be the first album EVER that I award a perfect 10 to all of the first 3 tracks.

All 3 are awesome.

'Shot' as well

It is AWESOME!!!

You know Glen loves it when he is posting three times in a row without any responses.

This might be obvious for Glen with the love he is showing for Rise Up, but is it better than the debut?

I can't wait to get it, but I'm gonna wait to order until next month when I can add the Pretty Maids to my order to cut down on the shipping costs.

Well I rated the debut at least 90% and was it was one of my favourite releases from that year.

This is at least as good. Will have to listen back to back next week.

Well I rated the debut at least 90% and was it was one of my favourite releases from that year.

This is at least as good. Will have to listen back to back next week.

So far equally as good as the debut, but only 3 listens through.

Please note that this is only based on two spins but I'm pretty sure the score will revolve around this one, and I think this one is as strong as the debut, though I prefer the debut slightly. The first two tracks are 10/10 materials, but 'Rise Up' is a 9/10 I guess. 'Love Heals' was rated 7 earlier, but on second thought, I guess it worth around 8/10 and it remains the weakest track here. Most of the songs I rated 10 except 'On The Run' (8.5) and Broken Wings (8.5). Production is also excellent, musicianship is flawless as you expected from the three maestros, and of course you'll spin this regularly.

Actually, if you're a fan of MHR, it's very easy to rate W.E.T and you just instantly buy it, definitely a must for your collection, and I think this will at least be the champion of this year or maybe runner up, depending on maybe what will be offered by WORK OF ART's latest album.

96%

Please note that this is only based on two spins but I'm pretty sure the score will revolve around this one, and I think this one is as strong as the debut, though I prefer the debut slightly. The first two tracks are 10/10 materials, but 'Rise Up' is a 9/10 I guess. 'Love Heals' was rated 7 earlier, but on second thought, I guess it worth around 8/10 and it remains the weakest track here. Most of the songs I rated 10 except 'On The Run' (8.5) and Broken Wings (8.5). Production is also excellent, musicianship is flawless as you expected from the three maestros, and of course you'll spin this regularly.

Actually, if you're a fan of MHR, it's very easy to rate W.E.T and you just instantly buy it, definitely a must for your collection, and I think this will at least be the champion of this year or maybe runner up, depending on maybe what will be offered by WORK OF ART's latest album.

96%

I agree! All great here, But my favorites are- Walk Away(10), Learn To Live Again(10), What You Want(10), Shot(8.5), Unbroken(9),Rise Up(8.5),& Bad Boy(8.5)the rest are 8-7

Shot & Rise Up were my favs but still haven't got the cd yet so only listened twice.

I think people need to calm down a bit :whistle: This is very good don't get me wrong and after a couple of spins I may well even rate it a very slight notch higher than the debut, but the second coming it most certainly isn't either. First half is definitely the strongest, the opening trio are brilliant, but their are a couple of fillerish tracks in the middle as well, so this might just might hit a 90%, but that is me being at my generous best.

• My Little Pony

Another good effort, but I still don't get as hard as you lot, when JSS is mentioned. The problem is I couldn't stop thinking how great this would be with Harry Hess at the helm.

I think people need to calm down a bit :whistle: This is very good don't get me wrong and after a couple of spins I may well even rate it a very slight notch higher than the debut, but the second coming it most certainly isn't either. First half is definitely the strongest, the opening trio are brilliant, but their are a couple of fillerish tracks in the middle as well, so this might just might hit a 90%, but that is me being at my generous best.

Who said anything about the second coming. Like you I have only spun twice on Spotify - I think the disc turned up this morning.

Like you I reckoned around 90%, but you'd be a fool not to be excited by this release. Virtually flawless mhr throughout and I didn't really find any filler ish songs personally.

Thanks for being so generous! lol

Definitely not a filler in sigh but I can understand some 80% songs here and there. I'm predicting a majority opinion between 85%-95% for this one and I guess it really deserves the top-3 spot

Some interesting thoughts... the most interesting so far being the love for the title track. I think the first 2 songs and track 4 and 5 are brilliant - probably the best 4 songs on the CD. But the title track, for me, is easily the weakest song on the album, and the closest thing to a filler on the disc.

Other than that minor point, I kind of love the disc too. I'll be 100% honest and admit it probably isn't quite as amazing as I expected, but it's damn good and it will be a good contest between this and the debut to see which is the better. As for album of the year, I really don't want to talk it up too high only for it to let people down, but I think the new Vega disc has this beat hands down, personally.

I guess the title track comment is aimed at me.

Yeah I'll openly admit that I was floored when I heard that track - excellent chorus, amazing solo - everything I look for in a mhr track.

Personally I don't rate (that highly - still a 8.5-9) Love Heals - goes on a tad too long and isn't as good as the ballad near the end IMO.

Also Shot smokes most tracks on the album - again perfect chorus/solo

But hey that's just my opinion

Great album that everyone's liking different tracks.

• My Little Pony

I guess the title track comment is aimed at me.

Yeah I'll openly admit that I was floored when I heard that track - excellent chorus, amazing solo - everything I look for in a mhr track.

Personally I don't rate (that highly - still a 8.5-9) Love Heals - goes on a tad too long and isn't as good as the ballad near the end IMO.

Also Shot smokes most tracks on the album - again perfect chorus/solo

But hey that's just my opinion

Great album that everyone's liking different tracks.

Yeah, "Shot" has got to be the best track on offer.

Shot and Broken Wings are winners thus far, although I've not yet given a full listen. I'll try to get samples of all the tracks up on the main site tonight.

Overall, this has all earmarks of top 5 material. I'm finding it more enjoyable than the debut.

Samples from all the tracks posted:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=5175&CDName=Rise%20Up

Andrew fucked up by rating the debut at 100/100... this one is better so is it 105/100?

Rating anything 100/100 is a mistake, as there's nowhere to go if something better comes along.

(Not only that, but IMO the debut is NOT the best album in the last decade by far... for one, Treat's Coup de Grace wipes the floor with it.)

• My Little Pony

Andrew fucked up by rating the debut at 100/100... this one is better so is it 105/100?

Rating anything 100/100 is a mistake, as there's nowhere to go if something better comes along.

(Not only that, but IMO the debut is NOT the best album in the last decade by far... for one, Treat's Coup de Grace wipes the floor with it.)

Amen, Dan. Everything you said. Spot on.

Apart from the Treat comment of course. It's good but it certainly does not wipe the floor with the WET debut.

Whilst I agree with Dan on rating this has been discussed to death and a lot of folk will argue that if they love every song it's a 10/10. Not me tho.

http://www.heavyharm...&CDName=Rise Up

Apart from the Treat comment of course. It's good but it certainly does not wipe the floor with the WET debut.

Whilst I agree with Dan on rating this has been discussed to death and a lot of folk will argue that if they love every song it's a 10/10. Not me tho.

I agree, it so hard to find an album that is 10 for 10- NO album is PERFECT!

On my first spin and it's really good so far and a little more rocky than the debut.

"Learn to Live Again" is just killer as is "Walk Away", "Love Heals" and the title track.

Archived