W.E.T. - RISE UP

DrumRman

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... kids these days. I make an obvious Monty Python - Life of Brian reference and no one gets it. ;)

Rise Up is a good song, but I will agree with previous comments that the chorus is not the reason why. The chorus is somewhat weak compared with most other songs on the album. That said, it's a good uptempo track.

Sigh... kids these days. I make an obvious Monty Python - Life of Brian reference and no one gets it. ;)

Rise Up is a good song, but I will agree with previous comments that the chorus is not the reason why. The chorus is somewhat weak compared with most other songs on the album. That said, it's a good uptempo track.

Kids lol. I wish.

I mostly hate MP with a passion, but I'll grant Life Of Brian is their best moment.

As for Rise Up - yeah the chorus is simple, but surely that ain't the point. The hook is beautiful and the backing vox in the second half of the chorus is orgasmic.

Verses are arguably the best on the album and the solo kills.

But hey I get that everyone is diggin different tracks and that's cool too

• My Little Pony

Welcome to my world.

Welcome to my world.

You go round making Monty Python references that no one gets?

Must be pretty lonely...

;)

• My Little Pony

Welcome to my world.

Must be pretty lonely...

;)

Not just Python, but most of my quotes, in general, go over most heads. And, yes, it is lonely.

Welcome to my world.

Must be pretty lonely...

;)

Not just Python, but most of my quotes, in general, go over most heads. And, yes, it is lonely.

I get that sometimes with Father Ted. And Blackadder. But you don't get to my age and still care about those things...

The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed.

;)

• My Little Pony

Welcome to my world.

Must be pretty lonely...

;)

I get that sometimes with Father Ted. And Blackadder. But you don't get to my age and still care about those things...

;)

Feck! Two more shows I've been meaning to watch.

Welcome to my world.

Must be pretty lonely...

;)

;)

My Blackadder quotes go over people's heads but there are so many classic lines.

Ooops fergeddit - what I posted was too off topic.

Off topic? Like this:

Any officer caught sniffing the saddle of the exercise bicycle in the women's gym will be discharged without trial?

;)

Probably best if I do stay off topic to avoid being slated for not loving the W.E.T. album...

:anon:

Welcome to my world.

Must be pretty lonely...

;)

;)

My Blackadder quotes go over people's heads but there are so many classic lines.

Sneaky tip for you guys. Stop watching horrible, unfunny British shows that everyone else hates. Then you won't feel so outcast. ;)

Watch and make quotes from universally loved comedies, like 'Step By Step.' Or 'Blossom.'

Sneaky tip for you guys. Stop watching horrible, unfunny British shows that everyone else hates. Then you won't feel so outcast. ;)

Watch and make quotes from universally loved comedies, like 'Step By Step.' Or 'Blossom.'

:omg:

Blackadder II is the funniest thing ever!!!!!!!!!

Blackadder The Third isn't far behind it.

Father Ted is utterly hilarious.

Red Dwarf is, at times, extremely funny.

I'm no fan of the Monty Python TV shows, but 'Life of Brian' is the funniest film ever made. Just ridiculously funny. And 'Holy Grail' is brilliant too.

I enjoy a lot of comedies, e.g. Big Bang Theory, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, etc and they are all funny. However, none of them is as laugh-out-loud, riotously funny as those listed above imo.

(BTW, for me the 2nd and 3rd funniest films of all time are 'This Is Spinal Tap' and 'Airplane'.)

Back on topic, I do really like 'Shot' and will download it. But there are no other songs I particularly like on intial listens.

Backed. Don't worry James Aussies have no sense of humour.

By not understanding I was referring to all the sad women in my office.

Never have more classic quotes been crammed into a show as Blackadder.

Nah, we/ I have a fantastic sense of humour. The Brits, however, not so much. I do know a few guys in their 60's and 70's who think that British stuff is funny, but like I say, they're all ancient. And wrong. 'Seinfeld' is probably the only sitcom I thought was really hilarious, despite loving aspects of a few others. But I have never found anything British funny, ever, sadly. Even the movies are dreary sadsac fests.

Anyway, got the WET album lined up for some proper listening this week... looking forward to it.

Nah, we/ I have a fantastic sense of humour. The Brits, however, not so much. I do know a few guys in their 60's and 70's who think that British stuff is funny, but like I say, they're all ancient. And wrong. 'Seinfeld' is probably the only sitcom I thought was really hilarious, despite loving aspects of a few others. But I have never found anything British funny, ever, sadly. Even the movies are dreary sadsac fests.

Anyway, got the WET album lined up for some proper listening this week... looking forward to it.

Yeah of course you are right and 15 million Brits are wrong, which was the viewing for some of the classic sitcoms here lol. You keep all your funny Aussie shows and we'll keep ours ;-)

There is a reason me and my mates have been quoting Blackadder for about 20 years - because it is dry hilarious lines and there is one for every occasion which has its own special meaning.

It's like having your own language - James will know exactly what I mean by these for example -

(when leaving a pub) Lead on.... I shall

(in a restaurant) Sausages is all we got

(when insulting someone) The abused always kick down etc

(splitting up with your bird) Amiee I will never ever ever ever forget you, right what's for breakfast.

Plus about 100 more.....James, am I right??! Lol

It's a part of your life.

Aussies just wouldn't understand.

Back to the topic at hand, I can understand the complaints about the production/mastering on this album. I love it musically, but the production isn't the greatest.

It's as if the loudness has been boosted so far that the dynamic range is very compressed. Everything is at a high level so the headroom is gone.

LOUD isn't better... in fact, it's usually worse. I don't know why producers insist upon boosting things out the wazoo... that's what the listener's volume dial is for.

After Crashdiet, this sounds marvellous lol. Although I must admit I prefer the sound on Hardcore Superstar, and I'm sure the sound on Pretty Maids will be better too.

I don't mind the production either and especially compared to other EM projects (mostly that Hitchcock album), this is one of his better produced discs. He's getting there.

I'm looking forward to when the Vega disc is finally released as to how the comparisons will fare. More guitar on this disc, but I definitely find myself preferring the Vega album personally.

How long do you guys reckon EM has left in him before he starts to over-saturate the market a little? No doubt a talented kid, but he's had a lot of stuff out in the last few years... matched with JSS, who at one point completely over-saturated the market. I find myself finding Vega a much "fresher" listen. Looking forward to the discussions...

In general, I'd say it's a pretty darn good album. The standout tracks for me are Walk Away, Bad Boy and Broken Wings. On an unrelated note, I hear Brother Firetribe will be coming out with a new album. Considering their last two albums are masterpieces in my eyes, I'm really looking forward to that.

A lot of love for 'Bad Boy' - its a good uptempo number, but man those lyrics are a bit cringe worthy.

A couple of others too where the lyrics are a bit dodgy. The songs are so good though they just about get away with it.