Place Vendome

The Rocker

Curious to see where y'all haters ended up with this one? I heard this today and it's good stuff. Worlds better than the debut, but obviously not as good as 'Streets of fire.'

I've been tossing off... I mean tossing and turning over the above hateful comments and was left disturbed by them. Disliking these new tunes to the point of losing interest in the band and possibly not even trying this CD really intrigues me.

It'd be like ignoring Vain because they never topped 'No Respect,' or Tesla because they never made an album better than 'The Great Radio Controversy.' Or a million other bands I could list who released their "signature" album early in their career and were never able to top it. And although these bands never topped a near-perfect disc, they still put out some fantastic music along the way.

As Place Vendome have done here. I truly don't think they will ever get close to matching 'Streets of fire,' but as evidenced by the new CD, it doesn't mean they're not capable of still releasing great CDs. I think everyone still likes the debut, don't they? Well like I say, imo, this new disc absolutely crushes the debut, if nothing else. And is a very good disc.

Harsh to give up on a band just because they can't replicate near-perfection, innit? ;)

I love the debut and is my favorite.

Curious to see where y'all haters ended up with this one? I heard this today and it's good stuff. Worlds better than the debut, but obviously not as good as 'Streets of fire.'

I've been tossing off... I mean tossing and turning over the above hateful comments and was left disturbed by them. Disliking these new tunes to the point of losing interest in the band and possibly not even trying this CD really intrigues me.

It'd be like ignoring Vain because they never topped 'No Respect,' or Tesla because they never made an album better than 'The Great Radio Controversy.' Or a million other bands I could list who released their "signature" album early in their career and were never able to top it. And although these bands never topped a near-perfect disc, they still put out some fantastic music along the way.

As Place Vendome have done here. I truly don't think they will ever get close to matching 'Streets of fire,' but as evidenced by the new CD, it doesn't mean they're not capable of still releasing great CDs. I think everyone still likes the debut, don't they? Well like I say, imo, this new disc absolutely crushes the debut, if nothing else. And is a very good disc.

Harsh to give up on a band just because they can't replicate near-perfection, innit? ;)

I love the debut and is my favorite.

I have to admit I also held it in pretty high regard until playing the first two back the other day. Still a good disc, but nowhere near as good as I remembered, and far, far inferior to 'Streets of fire.' And now also the new one. :)

Based on two spins i had this album on my holiday, well it's a sure 90-ish, don't know why people bash it but I think the debut edge it better, Streets of Fire is almost on par with this, but it came last for me, still an awesome album though

Based on two spins i had this album on my holiday, well it's a sure 90-ish, don't know why people bash it but I think the debut edge it better, Streets of Fire is almost on par with this, but it came last for me, still an awesome album though

Not heard the new one yet but Streets edges the debut on consistency.

Honestly, its been a while since i last spun streets, but all i can say, PV manage to release three awesome albums

Honestly, its been a while since i last spun streets, but all i can say, PV manage to release three awesome albums

For me, there are songs on 'Streets of fire' that weren't even dreamed about for the debut. 'A scene in replay' and 'Dancer' alone will, imo, always put that album above all their other output.

Mmm not sure about that there a few real gems on the debut.

Debut is my favorite!

Mmm not sure about that there a few real gems on the debut.

For me, I like all the songs except 'Heaven's Door,' but also for me, there's no real stand-outs either. Probably 'Magic Carpet' is the best, but still nowhere even in the vicinity of the gems off 'Streets of fire,' imo, of course.

You have nothing to fear about, this is exactly what you want from PV!

Agree! I liked it from first listen, and has only gotten BETTER!

• 3 months later...