This Weekends Games

Mullethead

Well, I missed on the Denver/Pitt game last week otherwise got em all. Here's my picks this week...

Baltimore 10+ over Houston

New Orleans over S.F. in less than 7 points

New England in 14+ over Denver

Upset Pick: Giants over Green Bay less than 7 Points

We'll see!

Well, I missed on the Denver/Pitt game last week otherwise got em all. Here's my picks this week...

We'll see!

I like the Giants over Green Bay pick......GO BIG BLUE......

THIS WEEKS GUESSES.

N.O. Saints @ San Fran Niners - I've got to take defense over offense. The 49ers aren't going to miss tackles like the Lions did. SAN FRAN - 24 and N.O. - 20

Denver @ N.E. - I just don't see that the Broncos can have another game like last week in them. N.E.- 31 and DENVER - 20

Houston @ Baltimore - Can't wait to finally get to go to a home playoff game. I don't like being cold.. but I'm praying for below freezing, I'll just have to dress warm. I just don't see a rookie QB being able to deal with the Ravens defense and the crowd noise (It's gonna be crazy). BALT. - 27 and HOUSTON - 13.

Giants @ Green Bay - I'm calling the upset on this one. I think the Giants can score at will against the Packer defense and I believe they will be able to slow Rodgers down enough to pull it out. N.Y. 31 and GREEN BAY - 30.

THIS WEEKS GUESSES.

DENVER - 20

Houston @ Baltimore - Can't wait to finally get to go to a home playoff game. I don't like being cold.. but I'm praying for below freezing, I'll just have to dress warm. I just don't see a rookie QB being able to deal with the Ravens defense and the crowd noise (It's gonna be crazy). BALT. - 27 and HOUSTON - 13.

Well, I got my wish, guess I'm gonna be a little chilly out there, 28 degrees and clear. I'd really like to watch the Green Bay and NY game but It takes me about 3 hours to get home from the stadium in Baltimore.

That San Fran. and New Orleans game was a great one... :drink:

That San Fran. and New Orleans game was a great one... :drink:

Indeed! Awesome game. :beerbang:

I'm not sure if I'd rather have a defensive matchup with San Fran VS Baltimore or an offensive showdown with NE VS. the G men. If the Giants do win we will have at least one recent Super Bowl match up either the NE game from 2008 or the Baltimore game from 2001.

The Packers just looked lethargic and like a totally different team. Rodgers didn't play great but of course four turnovers and eight dropped passes doesn't help either. On top of that the D looked like crap especially on third down. How many times did Eli drop 15 yards passes to Cruz, Nicks and Manningham on third down? Pathetic.

We'll see!

I think I called the NY game :)

Here's my next one...rematch of the 2007 SB....with NY winning...again.

Thank God the Tebow thing is over...

THIS WEEKS GUESSES.

N.O. Saints @ San Fran Niners - I've got to take defense over offense. The 49ers aren't going to miss tackles like the Lions did. SAN FRAN - 24 and N.O. - 20

Denver @ N.E. - I just don't see that the Broncos can have another game like last week in them. N.E.- 31 and DENVER - 20

Giants @ Green Bay - I'm calling the upset on this one. I think the Giants can score at will against the Packer defense and I believe they will be able to slow Rodgers down enough to pull it out. N.Y. 31 and GREEN BAY - 30.

Nailed all 4 last weekend...

Now here are my GUESSES for the Divisional Championship Games:

SAN FRANCISCO and NEW YORK... I'll take SAN FRANCISCO over NEW YORK with a score of 24 to 20.

Should be another great game. I've not given the 49ers enough credit all year long.. so now I'm picking them to represent the NFC in The Super Bowl.

===============================================================================================================

NEW ENGLAND and BALTIMORE... Just like last week, defense will win out over offense. BALTIMORE 27 and NEW ENGLAND 24.

The Patriot defense just can stop the run. After gaining less then 70 yards last week (against a top defense), Ray Rice will have a monster game against New England. You hear a lot about the Patriot Tight Ends.. Don't sleep on Baltimore's TEs.

SUPER BOWL 2012.... San Francisco vs. Baltimore.

Since my thread of similar ilke has died, I will post my picks here.

Last weekend I was 3 and 1. Did not think the Giants had it in them, but hey if you are going to turn over the ball that much and if the receivers are going to drop that many undroppable passes, it stands that a loss will be in your future. Just ask the Texans, who had every opportunity to beat them pesky Ravens, but also too many turnovers...

This week:

San Fran will win at home against the Giants. I hope the Niners "D" plays better than they did against NO.

&

NE will beat the Raven's. I just can't see, Baltimore holding it together against Brady, especially after the way he played against the Bronco's. Never been a big fan, but man did he look amazing last week.

That said, here is my disclaimer on my picks, conspiracy theorists like myself will say that Baltimore will get the nod just to make the Super Bowl "The Battle Of The Brothers Harbaugh!"

One road team will win but I just can't pick which one it is.

Here is a stat for everyone:

The Patriots have NOT beat a team with a winning record the entire season.

They have two wins against playoff teams but that is two wins agains the 8-8 Broncos and you have watched the Broncos play every game like I have you know that they should of never ever made the playoffs. The Pats D is horrible but they are lucky in that they have the easy road to the playoffs since they can put up points easily and didn't have to face an AFC team in the playoffs that can score points like the Packers,Saints,Giants(they beat NE). The Ravens D is good enough to slow Brady and his weapons but I don't think the Ravens can score enough points to win. I hate to say that but it's true. I think the only team left that can beat the Pats is the Giants. They have a solid D and are playing great and have an explosive Offense now that Bradshaw is healthy and have multiple wideouts that can make big plays. If the Pats win they might be the worse defensive team to win the Super Bowl and have the easiest road and probably be the only team to now be a team with a winning record in the regular season. If the Pats were in the NFC they probably would have been a 3 or 4 seed. Just saying.

They have two wins against playoff teams but that is two wins agains the 8-8 Broncos and you have watched the Broncos play every game like I have you know that they should of never ever made the playoffs. The Pats D is horrible but they are lucky in that they have the easy road to the playoffs since they can put up points easily and didn't have to face an AFC team in the playoffs that can score points like the Packers,Saints,Giants(they beat NE). The Ravens D is good enough to slow Brady and his weapons but I don't think the Ravens can score enough points to win. I hate to say that but it's true. I think the only team left that can beat the Pats is the Giants. They have a solid D and are playing great and have an explosive Offense now that Bradshaw is healthy and have multiple wideouts that can make big plays. If the Pats win they might be the worse defensive team to win the Super Bowl and have the easiest road and probably be the only team to now be a team with a winning record in the regular season. If the Pats were in the NFC they probably would have been a 3 or 4 seed. Just saying.

Not to mention it wasn't that long ago that Balt. went in to NE and killed them in a play off game. That being said, I'm still taking the Pats. That two headed TE monster is just to hard to cover & still get pressure on Brady.

Not to mention it wasn't that long ago that Balt. went in to NE and killed them in a play off game. That being said, I'm still taking the Pats. That two headed TE monster is just to hard to cover & still get pressure on Brady.

Interesting thoughts, but how bout these:

NFC, Niners play Seattle, Arizona and St. Louis, not a very "tough" division to win either. However, Seattle beat the Giants and the Ravens, but they couldn't beat the Niners.

I guess the outcomes REALLY depends on what teams show up to play, if that makes sense?

I'm going with a Pats vs Giants SB. Niners were lucky that the Saints had 5 turnovers. don't know how to pick this one. I'd say that the Giants would have the edge going into this one. I think the Giants can score with the Pats but the Giants have a better D and running game. toss up but it you put a gun to my head I'd say Giants win but I'll be pulling for the Pats.

on a side note, I'm really glad to see Alex Smith have some success. poor guy never gave up, never was given much of a chance either. in 7 years having 7 Offesive coridnators? no one can have much success under that condition. if Rodgers had gone to the Niners how different would have his career had been?

Ravens need more dynamic WR's. need Tori Smith to emerge as a consistant threat to help free up Boldin. in my opinion Boldin is a bigger Hines Ward, a chain mover, gets the tough yards with a big play now and again. Smith and another big play WR would help Flacco a ton

I'm going with a Pats vs Giants SB. Niners were lucky that the Saints had 5 turnovers. don't know how to pick this one. I'd say that the Giants would have the edge going into this one. I think the Giants can score with the Pats but the Giants have a better D and running game. toss up but it you put a gun to my head I'd say Giants win but I'll be pulling for the Pats.

on a side note, I'm really glad to see Alex Smith have some success. poor guy never gave up, never was given much of a chance either. in 7 years having 7 Offesive coridnators? no one can have much success under that condition. if Rodgers had gone to the Niners how different would have his career had been?

You make a great point about Smith and Rogers and yes it matter where you go. Being put with the right team that shows patience or has a good positive enviroment(see Brady, Bellichek and the Patriots)is really helpful for a young QB. Look what Joey Harrington had to deal with the abysmal decisions being made in Detroit. Akili Smith in Cincinatti and so and so on. Sure not every big time QB draft pick is meant to be a hall of famer but sonetimes being put in the right spot can mean having chances to succeed or washing out in a few years. Would of Jamarcus Russell been okay if he would have been drafter in the fifth round and sit behind a good experienced starter for a few years and had a chance to learn? Maybe.......

We'll see!

I think I called the NY game :)

Here's my next one...rematch of the 2007 SB....with NY winning...again.

Thank God the Tebow thing is over...

I think I called it...again :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like either team. My mood won't be affected either way.

Here is more reasons to hate the Pats.

Player cut the day before Super Bowl