"Rock of Ages" - Movie Trailer

Fat Freddy

The popular Broadway "jukebox musical" "Rock of Ages" is about to become a feature film starring Alec Baldwin (?), Tom Cruise (!!) and Catherine Zeta-Jones...it comes out next Summer and the first trailer has hit the Net...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIt7Gm1U5MM&feature=player_embedded

Uhhhh....

OK, I'll admit I laughed at the "They ARE dudes" bit.

...and Julianne Hough is FREAKIN' hot.

Other than that...mmm, no thanks. Angry mothers protesting against "dirty" rock n roll? I think I saw this movie already when it was called "Detroit Rock City." Or maybe it was "Rock N Roll High School," or maybe "Warning: Parental Advisory." Whichever it was, none of those flicks turned rock classics into cheesy song & dance numbers. I think I'll pass.

I watched the trailer last night. I must say I was quite disappointed. They've managed to take something completely awesome and make it lame. I was hoping for something along the lines of Rock Star. At least with that movie someone who doesn't know anything about that style of music might be able to get it. This movie appears to completely misrepresent what it was all about.

I must say after hearing the soundtrack for the broadway show and hearing the raves of the show from fellow HH'rs I was pretty excited about the prospect of this. Now it looks like GLEE! Could have been great I suspect, if I'd have written it, now it appears to be middle america house wife fodder. :(

I did like the last bit with the blonde shouting "I love you Stacey Jaxx!" and Mr. Cruz doesn't glance her way and signs the cleavage. :) The sound effect was a nice touch too... squeek, squeek, squeek. :)

• 4 months later...

"Rock of Ages" will be released on June 15th!! Anyone excited??

...nahhh, I didn't think so.

Anyway, the details of the movie soundtrack have been made public... and all I can say is wow. I sense a trainwreck of Biblical proportions up in here.

...though I gotta admit, the idea of "Dancing with the Stars" hottie Julianne Hough singing "Rock You Like a Hurricane" does have its charm. :blink:

(from Bravewords.com)

ROA.jpg

According to ABC News Radio, the soundtrack to the upcoming Rock Of Ages film has been revealed and features the cast - Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand and Julianne Hough - singing some of the greatest hits of the hair band era.

Due to be released June 5th, ten days before the film hits theatres, the tracklisting is as follows:

'Paradise City' - (Tom Cruise)

'Sister Christian'/'Just Like Paradise'/'Nothin’ But a Good Time' - (Diego Boneta)

'Juke Box Hero'/'I Love Rock ‘N’ Rol' - (Diego Boneta)

'Hit Me with Your Best Sho' - (Catherine Zeta-Jones)

'Waiting for a Girl Like You '- Diego Boneta

'More than Words”/”Heaven - (Diego Boneta)

'Wanted Dead or Alive' (Julianne Hough)

'I Want to Know What Love Is' - (Malin Akerman)

'I Wanna Rock' - (Diego Boneta)

'Pour Some Sugar on Me' - (Tom Cruise)

'Harden My Heart' - (Julianne Hough)

'Shadows of the Night'/'Harden My Heart' - (Julianne Hough)

'Here I Go Again' - (Diego Boneta)

'Can’t Fight This Feeling' - (Russell Brand)

'Any Way You Want It' - (Julianne Hough)

'Undercover Love' - (Diego Boneta)

'Every Rose Has Its Thorn' - (Diego Boneta)

'Rock You Like a Hurricane' - (Julianne Hough)

'We Built This City'/'We’re Not Gonna Take It' - (Russell Brand)

'Don’t Stop Believin’' - (Diego Boneta)

Music from JOURNEY, POISON, TWISTED SISTER, FOREIGNER, BON JOVI and JOAN JETT are also featured on the soundtrack. The film, set in a Los Angeles rock club and based on the Broadway musical, also stars Alec Baldwin and Mary J. Blige.

Who are half of those people?

Members of the film's cast, I guess. I never heard of about half of'em neither. :blink:

I must say after hearing the soundtrack for the broadway show and hearing the raves of the show from fellow HH'rs I was pretty excited about the prospect of this. Now it looks like GLEE! Could have been great I suspect, if I'd have written it, now it appears to be middle america house wife fodder. :(

I did like the last bit with the blonde shouting "I love you Stacey Jaxx!" and Mr. Cruz doesn't glance her way and signs the cleavage. :) The sound effect was a nice touch too... squeek, squeek, squeek. :)

I liked the squeek bit too but i'm not a fan of musicals so i think i will not be seeing this,Glee for the big screen hell no.

I liked the squeek bit too but i'm not a fan of musicals so i think i will not be seeing this,Glee for the big screen hell no.

All this thing exists for is to sucker in the fans, who worship the damned "hit single". For the mindless and brainless only - who in their right mind would pay good money to see Tom Cruise act like an idiot yet again?

OK, I finally found a reason to justify this film's existence:

julianne-hough-rock-ages-wrapped-09.jpg

Julianne Hough dolled up in '80s metal hottie gear!!

What is next?... Justin Bieber playing the lead in a Ronnie James Dio biopic?

SHHHH! Dude, don't give anyone any ideas!! :yikes:

OK, I finally found a reason to justify this film's existence:

julianne-hough-rock-ages-wrapped-09.jpg

Julianne Hough dolled up in '80s metal hottie gear!!

Yeah she's hot as a metal chick but i still would rather put my balls in a vice than watch the movie,oh hang on that's what happens a couple of times a month when my missus wants to do that close and personal thing.Oh the horror.

• 1 month later...

What is next?... Justin Bieber playing the lead in a Ronnie James Dio biopic?

SHHHH! Dude, don't give anyone any ideas!! :yikes:

A part of me died after reading that. Could you imagine the death threats Bieber would get from the Metal faithful!

^ I don't believe it is, but I don't know. I refuse to have anything to do with this.

I saw Rock of Ages 3 times on Broadway and once on tour. I am definitely guilty of pre-judgment, but from the fact that Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin are cast in it and that, from the commercials, it sounds like they have ripped apart the sndrk, I want no part of this crap. I understand the Broadway musical isn't for everyone, but if you're a fan of 80's music, between the jokes, stereotypes, awesome stage band, and strong vocal performances, not to mention scantily-clad hot chicks, I absolutely adored it. But, no matter who says what, I don't know that they'll even get me to pay $1 for this fertilizer at Redbox.

It got demolished this weekend getting beat down by a cartoon that has been on for a few weeks. It looks a bit gay honestly...save your money & re-watch Rockstar!

Just got back from seeing this. I am blown away. Actually impressed with Cruise and his singing voice.

One thing to say......FUCKING MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!! (for me :) )

Just got back from seeing this. I am blown away. Actually impressed with Cruise and his singing voice.

0s6hy.gif

0s6hy.gif

Hard lolz. Too funny.

0s6hy.gif

Uhhhhh......I don't get it, but whatever. :rolleyes: I loved every second of it.