Oni Logan Quits Lynch Mob

whiplash1972

http://pitriff.com/n...quits-lynch-mob

Oni Logan Quits Lynch Mob

f3107c7911141734e4eeaad24ed6c748_L.jpg

The reformed LYNCH MOB, featuring former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch, was set to begin its summer U.S. tour on Friday, July 29 in Houston. It was a surprise to the Texas crowd when the dynamic band showed up without singer Oni Logan, who decided to sit this tour out at home. Chaz West of BONHAM will now be replacing Logan on this trek.

Commented the band in a statement: "Oni let the band and our fans down. He quit the band at 5:30 a.m. before our 7:30 a.m. scheduled flight. He left us high and dry and did not fulfill his commitment. We are saddened and disappointed — but as a band, we are committed to honoring our obligations." George also stated that he plans on emulating the vocals with his guitar, if necessary!

In 2009, Lynch reformed LYNCH MOB and released "Smoke And Mirrors", which was followed by an extended tour.

In a January 2010 interview with PureGrainAudio.com, Oni stated about his return to LYNCH MOB, "I never thought it would happen, honestly. I am glad that it did happen, and now that it has, it is like going back in time and visiting an old friend and kind of just picking up where we left off. This is such a natural thing for me and George. Our chemistry is great, he does the music and I do the lyrics and what you have is 'Smoke And Mirrors'."

When asked how he prepares for the physical demands of a tour, Oni said, "Well, we try to do some different things as opposed to years ago when we were younger. We are pretty level-headed guys and I think we have a way of dealing with touring, for sure. I try to stay fit as much as I can. Obviously, when you are out on the road, you do not get to eat quite as well and you are pretty much sleep-deprived at times. It is all a matter of trying to find ways to keep yourself happy and sane. It is a pretty crazy rock and roll world out there, you know. Fans come out to have a good time, which is great, but there are a lot of things that come along with that as well. We try to keep level-headed and press on, because it is all about the music and nothing else."

LYNCH MOB is working on a new album, due out later this year.

The band's current touring lineup is as follows:

George Lynch - Guitar

Chaz West (BONHAM) - Lead Vocals

Robbie Crane (RATT) - Bass/Vocals

Scott Coogan - Drums/Vocals

Just speculating, but with the manner in which this has gone down, I would say it's either about money, or Oni decided he was too strung out to go on tour (I don't think he has a history of this, but you never know). No matter what the case, it should be interesting to hear his side of the story.

Just speculating, but with the manner in which this has gone down, I would say it's either about money, or Oni decided he was too strung out to go on tour (I don't think he has a history of this, but you never know). No matter what the case, it should be interesting to hear his side of the story.

I had always heard he struggled with his weight more than anything but he looks pretty normal these days I think?

Yeah, if that's all there is to the story then it's pretty poor form on Oni's behalf. But I dunno about George Lynch. I obviously don't know the guy personally, but as a spectator he seems to shoot his mouth of pretty quick. As I said, if there's nothing more to the story then it's just poor form on Oni's behalf, but I'd bet there's a bit more to it.

As for being disappointed about the impact this will have on the future of Lynch Mob, I hate to say that the last album and their recent set lists give me little or no hope that they're interested in still recording music that interests me.

yeah i guess there's something connected to the fact that Lynch is going to reform a Don-less Dokken and he's becoming disposable or something like that, so before things get ugly, he kicked George's ass first but who knows :christmas:

Yeah, if that's all there is to the story then it's pretty poor form on Oni's behalf. But I dunno about George Lynch. I obviously don't know the guy personally, but as a spectator he seems to shoot his mouth of pretty quick. As I said, if there's nothing more to the story then it's just poor form on Oni's behalf, but I'd bet there's a bit more to it.

As for being disappointed about the impact this will have on the future of Lynch Mob, I hate to say that the last album and their recent set lists give me little or no hope that they're interested in still recording music that interests me.

Backed.

Even the debut reeks of mediocrity bar a few songs.

Live, it was musical wank too.

• 2023 Gold Donors

George is a helluva guitarist,but the guy has jumped on about every trend (post-Shadowlife) to try and stay "hip" and relevant..it completely f--king nauseates me.I just picked up his new disc today (mainly because of 'Son Of Scary') and im going to give it a go,but sadly my expectations are very low.

Backed.

Wicked Sensation and the self title release with Mason are almost flawless IMO but to each his own. I dug Smoke and Mirrors but didn't love it but still think it's a good album.

Backed.

Wicked Sensation and the self title release with Mason are almost flawless IMO but to each his own. I dug Smoke and Mirrors but didn't love it but still think it's a good album.

The first two are perfection...especially WS. I don't believe I have ever heard anybody say it was a bad album? I play that and the S/T cd quite a bit these days.

To be honest, much like Dokken, I dont dislike Lynch Mob, but they have never blown me away.

Certainly talented musicians, but other than a handful of songs from both bands, I've never really understood the fuss about them.