Vain - Enough Rope

DaHun72

Save your pennies for this one folks, not sure what the new material is going to be like but given the song titles below I am pretty excited. Also, for those of you who haven't picked up the All Those Strangers release the Japanese pressing comes with it and a bonus track as well at a pretty decent price given All Those Strangers is a full price CD. Here's the track listing and link:

1. [Disc 1] Solid Gold

2. [Disc 1] Worship You

3. [Disc 1] Treasure Girl

4. [Disc 1] Enough Rope

5. [Disc 1] Vain

6. [Disc 1] Straight Kitten

7. [Disc 1] Triple X

8. [Disc 1] Hot Stage Lights

9. [Disc 1] Greener

10. [Disc 1] Distance Of Love

11. [Disc 1] Cindy (日本盤のみのボーナス・トラック)

12. [Disc 2] Love Drug

13. [Disc 2] Planet's Turning

14. [Disc 2] Shooting Star

15. [Disc 2] Too Bad

16. [Disc 2] Far Away

17. [Disc 2] Wake Up

18. [Disc 2] Freak Flag

19. [Disc 2] Here Comes Lonely

20. [Disc 2] Shouldn't Cry

21. [Disc 2] Do You Sleep With Strangers?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=IUCP-16115

Anyone got any news on this one besides the delays?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I...must...have...this! :beerbang:

Kind of odd, I haven't seen Davy make any announcement of this release and there is no mention of it on his website as well.

Holy shitballs! 'Cindy' is one of the best songs they ever recorded! Does that rubbish after the title mean it's a Jap only bonus track? If so, might be worth actually getting the Jap version of that one.

'Distance of love'... that one was on the Delany disc with David Readman, amirite?

Man, dying to hear this one. Could be a highlight of the year. Is 'Worship you' an old track too?

Hey Geoff, where did you hear "Cindy"?

It looks like Distance of Love is the only old track that I know of. That Delany CD is pretty good!

Obviously if you have Move On It and Fade you have most of the tracks from All Those Strangers.... feels a little like D2's Cockroach. Still, for only a couple of extra bucks then the norm Japanese release for 2 CDs it is actually pretty good value (Aus $17 a CD). Let's hope the new stuff kicks ass.

Hey Geoff, where did you hear "Cindy"?

It looks like Distance of Love is the only old track that I know of. That Delany CD is pretty good!

Obviously if you have Move On It and Fade you have most of the tracks from All Those Strangers.... feels a little like D2's Cockroach. Still, for only a couple of extra bucks then the norm Japanese release for 2 CDs it is actually pretty good value (Aus $17 a CD). Let's hope the new stuff kicks ass.

Cindy is an older track I believe. I have it in demo form somewhere along with about 20 other songs.

Jared is indeed correct. I have a bunch of old Vain demos pre-'No Respect' - most of the songs were released on CD later on. But there were 2 stand-outs that haven't been released, 'Cindy' being one of them. And what's the other? I forget off the top of my head, but there was another killer old tune that hasn't been released yet. Shame the sound quality on both was terrible. :lol:

so this new cd is basically an unvaulted old songs from the prehistoric era ?

i'm also expecting a great new Paul Sabu disc only to find it's disappointing to found out that most of (or all of) them are old songs

Thanks Mullethead and Geoff for the heads up regarding the demos. I managed to find an active torrent but have yet to hear it.

Nightrain, there are only 2 songs on the CD that are older songs... Cindy from the demos (which has never been released) and that one track from the Delany CD. The other 9 tracks on the 1st CD look to be new.

Obviously the All Those Strangers bonus CD came out a year or two ago and was originally shelved by Island after No Respect.

"No tears for you" demo song is one of my favourite Vain songs, shame they couldn't tagged that on.

Yes! That's the one, mate! 'Cindy' and 'No tears for you' are genuinely 2 of Vains best songs ever, imo. Quite criminal that they were never released, in fact. I hope 'No tears for you' is on their next CD. :)

i'm also expecting a great new Paul Sabu disc only to find it's disappointing to found out that most of (or all of) them are old songs

new album 2012. & tour

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Americans will be able to order this directly from Davy's website for $15 and $5 shipping. Here's the link:

http://www.davyvain.com/vain_merchandise.htm

Is everything from his site silver pressed?

Americans will be able to order this directly from Davy's website for $15 and $5 shipping. Here's the link:

http://www.davyvain.com/vain_merchandise.htm

Is everything from his site silver pressed?

I've never ordered from his site, maybe someone that has can comment. I would assume it's the same product as is available elsewhere but you know what happens when you "assume".

After reading everyones raves, I guess I need to revisit Vain.

I have the No Respect disc, have rarely spun it, and it was always kind of meh too me. But that opinion could be and probably was/is based on their live show. They headlined a show in Seattle when No Respect (matter a fact, DV gave me the cassette at the show) first came out, Bang Gang and Tramp Alley (the reason I went) also played.

The "Beat The Bullet" tune was OK, but that is all that I truly can remember from Vain...

The album cover was posted on his FB page and is my avatar but I don't know how to take it from my avatar and post it on this page.

It's real easy, just use photobucket.

I am going to buy this Japanese version. Do we have confirmation that it is actually going to release on time?

The album cover was posted on his FB page and is my avatar but I don't know how to take it from my avatar and post it on this page.

It's real easy, just use photobucket.

I am going to buy this Japanese version. Do we have confirmation that it is actually going to release on time?

I have photobucket but I haven't used it in years and don't remember my password or anything besides it's not that important to me.

I'm not positive but I have a feeling that the version on Davy Vain's website is just the single cd without the bonus track "Cindy". I've asked on Davy's fb page a couple times with (not surprisingly) no reply and I just asked again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not positive but I have a feeling that the version on Davy Vain's website is just the single cd without the bonus track "Cindy". I've asked on Davy's fb page a couple times with (not surprisingly) no reply and I just asked again.

I now have the promo for the new album and can confirm that 'Cindy' is on the single disc. All sounds great and very much in the vein of 'No Respect' and 'All Those Strangers'.

Just one question tho is 'Worship You' a new song? There's you tube vids of this going back some 18 months?

Cheers

I now have the promo for the new album and can confirm that 'Cindy' is on the single disc. All sounds great and very much in the vein of 'No Respect' and 'All Those Strangers'.

Just one question tho is 'Worship You' a new song? There's you tube vids of this going back some 18 months?

Cheers

Someone very sexy and handsome asked that same question up above. It sounds like a familiar title to me... just can't place it. Maybe when I hear it the stars will align.