FarCry: "Optimism" review

My review of the highly-anticipated new FarCry album, featuring our very own Pete Fry, is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link to check it out:

FarCry review

Fans of straight-up melodic hard rock should be plenty satisfied. Oh yeah, and Pete smokes those axes!!

Very good cd !!

Nice one, you naughty, naughty boy. Pete will have your child. Can't wait for this to drop in the mailbox in the next few days. :)

Got this today and thanks to Pete for the shout out to the Melodic Mafia in the thank you's and yes this is awesome with a capital "A". Great solos, great songs and great vocals from Mark. Nice co-writes by Steve Newman on a few track. This one will get plenty of spins going forward.

Got this today and thanks to Pete for the shout out to the Melodic Mafia in the thank you's and yes this is awesome with a capital "A". Great solos, great songs and great vocals from Mark. Nice co-writes by Steve Newman on a few track. This one will get plenty of spins going forward.

:party421: Nice work by Pete and the band :party421:

Mafia APPROVED :D

Anyone know if there'll be a Japanese pressing & will there be any bonus tracks?

There are plans in motion for a Japanese version. However, there will more then likely be no bonus tracks. However, i can say this....there were two tracks recorded that were left off the new album. We have a special plan for these two tracks that will be revealed in due time. I can say this....one of the songs will be a duet with a popular vocalist. Not saying anymore then that. But expect some surprises from FARCRY before the end of the year. :headbanger:

John

:party421: Nice work by Pete and the band :party421:

Mafia APPROVED :D

wth!?!?? what about me!? sheeeeesh!!! :bs: lol

Anyone know if there'll be a Japanese pressing & will there be any bonus tracks?

There are plans in motion for a Japanese version. However, there will more then likely be no bonus tracks. However, i can say this....there were two tracks recorded that were left off the new album. We have a special plan for these two tracks that will be revealed in due time. I can say this....one of the songs will be a duet with a popular vocalist. Not saying anymore then that. But expect some surprises from FARCRY before the end of the year. :headbanger:

John

WOOT!!! :banana:

John

WOOT!!! :banana:

WOOT!!! X2 :beerbang:

john, so did you mean to say that there is gonna be another special edition of 'Optimism' by the end of year ?

WOOT X3 :christmas:

I was reading as more of maybe an EP not a special edition re-release but I could be wrong. I'd rather a specially priced EP(2 new songs and maybe 4-5 songs from Optimism with Mike's vocals and maybe a cover tune) than another Reckless Love type "Cool Edition".

john, so did you mean to say that there is gonna be another special edition of 'Optimism' by the end of year ?

I was reading as more of maybe an EP not a special edition re-release but I could be wrong. I'd rather a specially priced EP(2 new songs and maybe 4-5 songs from Optimism with Mike's vocals and maybe a cover tune) than another Reckless Love type "Cool Edition".

agree, an EP will be very nice, 2 new songs, 2 rarities from High Gear session maybe, new songs with Mike vocals will be awesome, Def Leppard cover will also be good (if i'm not mistaken, Pete is also in a DL cover band?), or acoustic renditions maybe ?

agree, an EP will be very nice, 2 new songs, 2 rarities from High Gear session maybe, new songs with Mike vocals will be awesome, Def Leppard cover will also be good (if i'm not mistaken, Pete is also in a DL cover band?), or acoustic renditions maybe ?

Hello!:-)

The bands new vocalist is the one in the DEF LEP tribute band, Adrenalize. A lil side note some of you may find interesting is, that Sean Tarr of the band TNA, who released two albums on Kivel Records is one of the guitarist in the band. Now to answer some of the other questions here....

the next release will not be a EP. It wil be a full on cd AND dvd combo. Just like the GOODBYE THRILL Keepsakes release. This will be a collection of acoustic reworkings, live tracks, a cover and a few unreleased tunes. One of which will be a duet with a popular vocalist from the genre. All will be revealed in time :-) The dvd portion will contain footage of the band from Ma, Ny, Nj, Sd and Il. This footage will consist of, in the studio, backstage, candid and clips from South Dakota Rock Fest. Most of all, the bands entire performance from Melodicrockfest in Elgin Illinois. Which was a multi camera HD camera shoot of the show. This will close the book on the bands first chapter, before we move on to new horizons with Mike Ledesma. Expect a fall release

now keep the feedback coming on the new FARCRY cd. We want to hear your thoughts

Thank You

John

:party421:

The bands new vocalist is the one in the DEF LEP tribute band, Adrenalize. A lil side note some of you may find interesting is, that Sean Tarr of the band TNA, who released two albums on Kivel Records is one of the guitarist in the band. Now to answer some of the other questions here....

the next release will not be a EP. It wil be a full on cd AND dvd combo. Just like the GOODBYE THRILL Keepsakes release. This will be a collection of acoustic reworkings, live tracks, a cover and a few unreleased tunes. One of which will be a duet with a popular vocalist from the genre. All will be revealed in time :-) The dvd portion will contain footage of the band from Ma, Ny, Nj, Sd and Il. This footage will consist of, in the studio, backstage, candid and clips from South Dakota Rock Fest. Most of all, the bands entire performance from Melodicrockfest in Elgin Illinois. Which was a multi camera HD camera shoot of the show. This will close the book on the bands first chapter, before we move on to new horizons with Mike Ledesma. Expect a fall release

now keep the feedback coming on the new FARCRY cd. We want to hear your thoughts

Thank You

John

Sounds great John looking forward to both the cd and dvd.

Would the guest vocalist be David Reece? Steve Newman?

I know you're not gonna tell me but I'll guess anyway. :lol:

Thank You

John

NOPE :-) Not telling either....:whistle:

hahaha John, is 'Optimism' has made available at Ryan metalmayhem place ? i'm planning to save some postage cost so I'll wait until it's available and order a bulk at once. And yeah, lookin forward for that deadly combo :christmas:

Thank You

John

Michael Eden?

hahaha John, is 'Optimism' has made available at Ryan metalmayhem place ? i'm planning to save some postage cost so I'll wait until it's available and order a bulk at once. And yeah, lookin forward for that deadly combo :christmas:

You can find FARCRY at all the fine outlet mail order companies. NEH , AOR HEAVEN, METAL MAYHEM etc. All have it in stock. However, if you order it from ME :whistle: . You will get a signed poster of the album artwork. Also, if you buy two kivel titles, you get the third half price automaticly :banana: . So heres a chance to stock up on some back titles of ours that you may have overlooked? ;-) Who knows....maybe a lil something extra might fall into your shipment for being a part of the heavy harmonies posse :dance:

John

Thank You

John

Michael Eden?

Nope

Thank You

John

Michael Eden?

Nope

Ted Poley?

Thank You

John

Michael Eden?

Nope

Ted Poley?

NOPE....and stop asking!! :baneed: LOL. Im not going to tell even if you get it. LOL. I will say this though. i promise it isnt any of the ones you asked already. The duet will be between Mark and this person on a great rocker of a tune by a well known band. Its a cover no one has really done. It was this close to making the new FARCRY cd. I can promise you that it willl be worth the wait :-) There will also be one unreleased new tune that was also left off the new album. So you will get a NEW tune, a cover, some acoustic reworkings from both albums and a few LIVE in concert cuts. Plus the dvd. :-)

John

Thank You

John

Michael Eden?

Nope

Ted Poley?

NOPE....and stop asking!! :baneed: LOL. Im not going to tell even if you get it. LOL. I will say this though. i promise it isnt any of the ones you asked already. The duet will be between Mark and this person on a great rocker of a tune by a well known band. Its a cover no one has really done. It was this close to making the new FARCRY cd. I can promise you that it willl be worth the wait :-) There will also be one unreleased new tune that was also left off the new album. So you will get a NEW tune, a cover, some acoustic reworkings from both albums and a few LIVE in concert cuts. Plus the dvd. :-)

John

So will all of these songs have Mark or will some have Mike?