Great White Article

JC_AOR

I'm sure most here will have something to say about this so called journalist who has written an article about Great White on the background of the 2003 night club fire. Personally I think he is scum.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2011-03-24/music/honoring-the-people-who-died-listening-to-great-white-and-the-people-who-didn-t/

This is the most ridiculous article ever written.

Even if you hate Great White for the fire it's hard with a straight face to say that they have no talent and on top of that say you can't think of a single song they had. GW was not as the article suggests a standard Hair Metal band they were in fact a kick ass Blues Hard Rock band and with just the playing of Mark Kendall alone made this band worth listening to. Sure they didn't have many top 10 singles but ouside of Leppard and Bon Jovi how many bands did have a lot of hit singles. Rock music isn't supposed to be top 10 oriented and sure some bands happen to catch lightning in a bottle and have a run that last beyond the standard 2-3 years that most bands get but that doesn't mean you stop tryining. And to basically say that they should of never got a record deal and then they wouldn't of killed anyone is just plain stupid. I'm not sure where this writer got his journalism training at but I assume it was from a Cracker Jack Box. Just based on this article alone this guy should be fired(no pun intended).

Such poor taste, I can't believe someone or some paper allowed this type of article to be printed and read by the public. Making references to people dying in a fire being as bad as having to listen to someone's music is simply unethical. I agree, this douchebag should lose his job.

This was a poorly written article filled with such lunatic ramblings, its not funny. He jumps from idea to idea with no connection between any of them. How do you go from the tragedy of the Station fire to TransAms, cassettes of Van Halen to telling the reader that he thinks Great White sucks. I read it and had no idea what it was about. For that alone he should be relieved of his duties as a "writer".

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure to leave the author a nice comment at the bottom of the page. You don't even need to register to comment. :)

Pffft. Just another hipster a-hole trying to impress people with his imagined "indie cred"

I'm not a huge fan of GW but that was a crock of shite! I can only agree on his opinion of GW's version of Once Bitten Twice Shy, which I gotta say depresses me every time I hear it compared to the original, but there's loads of people who love it so maybe I'm the nobhead :lol: but fuck me GW have done some great stuff, they played Rock Me on Rock Radio over here the other day and I was singing my darn fool head off to it whilst driving! What a piece of garbled nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hint: Every album sounds exactly like the one before it" ; so either the stupid c*nt is deaf or he didn't actually listen to what he's telling everyone he listened to.

If 'Hooked,' for example, sounds anything in the world like 'Out of the night' then batter my balls and cook them with tonight's fish and chips. They were a metal / hard rock band that morphed into an almost outright blues band. What is this f*cking idiot seriously talking about? Being unintelligent and clueless appear to be the least of this penis gobbler's worries. I'd offer a challenge with financial benefits for someone to find one valid moment of writing in that entire article.