The Walking Dead

Fat Freddy

• My Little Pony

I do hope they lean more toward the Graphic novel. There's a lot of great stories behind it..

Yeah, there definitely are, but I like that novel and the show differ. I like not knowing what will happen next.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, watched the first two episodes of this season last night. My thoughts? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Damn slow. They spent 3/4 of the first episode looking for the girl, then carried it over into the next episode. And now it's carried over to the third episode. I hope she got eaten just for making the show drag like that! :axe:

And like that hunter isn't going to see the kid standing DIRECTLY behind the deer. The scope isn't zoomed in on one little section of the deer, he can see just fine whats behind it.

And the rest of the time they are all just standing around bitching about their little problems. I'd be busy looking for an upgrade to that p.o.s motor-home and cherokee they are stuck driving. It can't be that difficult. They found some sweet rides in the movie Zombieland.

Pretty disappointed so far. This show better pick up or it's getting filed in the Falling Skies dust bin.

• 3 weeks later...

This show needs to pick up the pace and leave that damn farm house and find some zombies. I'm about to fall asleep the last couple of episodes. Someone needs to get eaten, maimed or someting to get this show moving again. They should let the damn kids get eaten and that would kick it into gear. I really don't care about the love triangle.

This show needs to pick up the pace and leave that damn farm house and find some zombies. I'm about to fall asleep the last couple of episodes. Someone needs to get eaten, maimed or someting to get this show moving again. They should let the damn kids get eaten and that would kick it into gear. I really don't care about the love triangle.

Yeah, the last two episodes were pretty much stuck in neutral but I'd say that last night's made up for 'em. Nice to see "Merle" again even if he was just a hallucination... haha.

And the little revelation at the very end there (the kindly old Doc has a secret barn full of zombies!) promises that next week's show should be rather interesting...

Yeah, the last two episodes were pretty much stuck in neutral but I'd say that last night's made up for 'em. Nice to see "Merle" again even if he was just a hallucination... haha.

And the little revelation at the very end there (the kindly old Doc has a secret barn full of zombies!) promises that next week's show should be rather interesting...

I was waiting for that part. It's actually in the novel, that he stores the walkers. I know the book is based around Rick Grimes, but I got a feeling Darryl is becoming the show's top character.

I was waiting for that part. It's actually in the novel, that he stores the walkers. I know the book is based around Rick Grimes, but I got a feeling Darryl is becoming the show's top character.

I just watched the last three episodes that I had on the DVR. I fast-forwarded through the boring parts. That resulted in me watching 3 3-hour episodes in 45 minutes. This show has gotten extremely boring. Kind of interested to see what happens with the barn full of zombies...but just kind of. I'm sure that even though the zombies have been hanging out quietly in the barn forever, now they will suddenly find a way to break out. It took a lot of effort just to catch up on the last three episodes. I've seen more action on Days Of Our Lives.

So what are everyone's thoughts on last night's "mid-season finale?" (I guess the show is taking off for the holiday season cuz zombies aren't very Christmasy.)

...all I can say is it's about DAMN time everything came to a head. The last five minutes of last night's episode almost made up for the slow-as-snail pacing for much of this season.

...and of course... poor lil' Sophia. *Sigh.* Not for nuthin' but I could kinda see that revelation coming three weeks ago when Glenn first found out the barn was fulla zombies.

So what are everyone's thoughts on last night's "mid-season finale?" (I guess the show is taking off for the holiday season cuz zombies aren't very Christmasy.)

...all I can say is it's about DAMN time everything came to a head. The last five minutes of last night's episode almost made up for the slow-as-snail pacing for much of this season.

...and of course... poor lil' Sophia. *Sigh.* Not for nuthin' but I could kinda see that revelation coming three weeks ago when Glenn first found out the barn was fulla zombies.

Last night was the best of this season so far. About time that something...anything was happening. I knew when they started clearing out the barn that girl was gonna be in there, just because there was only a few minutes left in the episode and they needed to end the show w/a bang (no pun intended :lol: ). Maybe now things can finally start rolling again.

GREAT episode last night. Glad they got all the shit between Rick/Shane/Lori out in the open. Maybe now Rick and Shane can whip 'em out, measure 'em, and get on with life. :rofl2:

Looks like if the group does leave the farm, Maggie will wind up going with them (I'm sure Glen hopes so!).

And even if you could see it coming a mile away, that last scene with Sophia was truly heartbreaking. Rick stepped up and did what noone else could bring themselves to do.

Looking forward to the second half of the season when it resumes in February; hopefully the writers can maintain the new momentum they've found over the last two episodes!

Maybe now Rick and Shane can whip 'em out, measure 'em, and get on with life.

For a brief second there during last night's big climactic shoot'em up, I swear I thought after Rick "put down" Zombie Sophia, he was gonna turn around and put a couple in Shane for good measure...

Rick stepped up and did what noone else could bring themselves to do.

That is exactly what I said to my wife. He carries all of the responsibility on his shoulders and he was the only one that had the balls to kill that little girl. Even Shane who seems to not be scared of anything sit there in shock when she walked out but Rick calmly walks up and puts one in her head because he knew he had to.

As others have said great episode especially the ending and hopefully they will leave that damn farm and maybe Daryl's role will increase. Instead of Rick and Shane throwing down I'm waiting for Shane and Daryl to fight.

And even if you could see it coming a mile away, that last scene with Sophia was truly heartbreaking.

Agreed, especially when the camera turned to Carl, curled up & crying against his Mom after seeing his friend like that. Geez.

That whole final scene could've gone sooooo many different ways. When the scene switched to the point-of-view of whatever was coming out of the barn, for a split second I thought it was either gonna be Sophia (which it was), or it was gonna be Herschel's wife... and if THAT had happened, Herschel was gonna get munched, or he would be forced to put her down.

That whole final scene could've gone sooooo many different ways. When the scene switched to the point-of-view of whatever was coming out of the barn, for a split second I thought it was either gonna be Sophia (which it was), or it was gonna be Herschel's wife... and if THAT had happened, Herschel was gonna get munched, or he would be forced to put her down.

I'm not positive, but towards the end of the scene when the camera sort of zoomed in on one female walker and showed it being shot, I think that was Herschel's wife, because the camera immediately goes to him and you see him really cringe at that moment.

• 1 month later...

"The Walking Dead" resumes on Feb. 12th... stoked!

On a somewhat related note, last night the wife and I tried (notice I said "tried") to watch a zombie flick on the "Chiller" channel called "Steve Niles' Remains," but we bailed out after about an hour. Who the hell is Steve Niles, you ask, and why does he have his name above the title? He's a graphic novelist who wrote the comic book that "Remains" was based on (he's also the creator of "30 Days of Night"...and no, I had no idea who the f*ck he was either, I had to look it up...haha). Anyway, the movie was terrible. Cheap sets, scuzzy production values, terrible acting, script, etc. This was supposed to be Chiller's first ever big-deal "Original Movie" and I guess they were hoping to jump on the "Walking Dead" bandwagon with this thing. Unfortunately they tried doing it with sub-SyFy Channel production values. A single "Walking Dead" episode probably costs more than they spent to make this entire movie. Avoid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJq2ddpm4RE

I did cheat and read up on Wikipedia about the comic book storyline. Since the show so far has followed that version pretty closely it's a good bet we know what's coming up next on their journey. Hopefully it's more interesting than the farm snoozefest. :axe:

• 4 weeks later...

Well the new series of episodes started off just where the last one left off...slow slow slow. Luckily they didn't drag out the "two new guys" thing for very long. And the whole stupid thing with Rick's wife deciding she needed to head off after the guys shortly after they left...dumb. My patience is really running out with this show. :yuck:

Anybody watch The Talking Dead last night?

That Jerkoff Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction) was a guest. He claims to be a big Walking Dead fan, but he couldn't remember Dale's name.. :2up:

Does this asshole have to be on every show??

I was going to watch it but then I thought the show was boring enough, this can only be worse, especially if Navarro is involved.

Well the new series of episodes started off just where the last one left off...slow slow slow. Luckily they didn't drag out the "two new guys" thing for very long. And the whole stupid thing with Rick's wife deciding she needed to head off after the guys shortly after they left...dumb. My patience is really running out with this show.

It may not be the best show on TV, but it's the best ZOMBIE show on TV. And that "two guys in a bar" scene was a pitch-perfect exercise in escalating tension with a very nice cap-off (pun intended). I do agree, however, that Lori running off alone to go after the guys was as one of the dumber moves the series has pulled. It doesn't help that I am not a big fan of Lori's character anyway; she kind of annoys me. But again, it's the best (only) zombie show on TV, so that alone makes it worth watching. If I wasn't watching that, my wife would just be making me watch "The Real Housewives of Wherever the F*ck," so I'll take "Walking Dead" every time.

I keep watching hte show but I don't know why, am always letdown but on the flipside I am hooked ont he graphic novel (the only graphic novel I read). I wish they would follow it more closely. The novel is a drama but the action keeps coming unlike the TV show. Maybe action and zombie makeup/extras cost too much?

I keep watching hte show but I don't know why, am always letdown but on the flipside I am hooked ont he graphic novel (the only graphic novel I read). I wish they would follow it more closely. The novel is a drama but the action keeps coming unlike the TV show. Maybe action and zombie makeup/extras cost too much?

It doesn't follow the comic due to obvious reasons. If anyone here doesn't like the series, please read the comic. It's 100 times better..

• 4 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

What a great final scene between Rick and Shane but so glad Shane is dead and gone but didn't think it would happen until the finale. I guess the actor is moving to a new show on TNT and in the comic he died much earlier on. Anyway a huge WTF wish him getting back up as a zombie and Carl shooting him. A now next week looks like the I Am Legend movie all over again. It's going to be crazy!