The Walking Dead

Fat Freddy

Sucks that tonight is the last episode till October of 2011!! :thppt:

And in an odd bit of news, it seems that executive producer Frank Darabont has suddenly fired the show's entire writing staff prior to beginning work on Season 2.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/the-walking-dead-kills-its-entire-writing-team/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews

That's pretty strange. They were doing a damned good job, why sh*t can'em all?

I saw that story on Friday but then read it was a rumour and wasn't true.

The only complaints I saw was those on yahoo TV that said the show about zombies should be more exciting and they and that they've strayed from the comic somewhat. Plus Merle needs to come back like now.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was an odd end to season one. I guess I should have expected something like that, but a couple things had me wondering though. In the prior episode the scientist made the comment about shooting himself. Why would he say that knowing that he would have a "painless death" not even two days later? Then making it sound to everyone that everything was going to be hunky dory only to find out that was not the case. Also, these people need to start thinking like survivalists big time. They should have rounded up all the weapons/food they could and had it ready for an emergency even before they knew the place was going to blow up. It's just what any thinking person does. Also, there are thousands of abandoned cars everywhere yet they are all apparently out of gas? Seriously, grab some hose and some empty barrels and start siphoning/stockpiling. Oh, and I bet that black lady felt great when she says she's staying and everyone is like, see ya. But the blonde says she is staying and the guy is like, oh come on, don't stay! Fine, I'm staying too. Then they both leave and the black lady is probably all hey, ~sniff~ no one tried to talk me out of it...

Well that was an odd end to season one. I guess I should have expected something like that, but a couple things had me wondering though. In the prior episode the scientist made the comment about shooting himself. Why would he say that knowing that he would have a "painless death" not even two days later? Then making it sound to everyone that everything was going to be hunky dory only to find out that was not the case. Also, these people need to start thinking like survivalists big time. They should have rounded up all the weapons/food they could and had it ready for an emergency even before they knew the place was going to blow up. It's just what any thinking person does. Also, there are thousands of abandoned cars everywhere yet they are all apparently out of gas? Seriously, grab some hose and some empty barrels and start siphoning/stockpiling. Oh, and I bet that black lady felt great when she says she's staying and everyone is like, see ya. But the blonde says she is staying and the guy is like, oh come on, don't stay! Fine, I'm staying too. Then they both leave and the black lady is probably all hey, ~sniff~ no one tried to talk me out of it...

I liked the ending, pretty well done IMO. You knew the season couldn't end all peacefully and you had the feeling something was up with the scientist the whole time. He was a good combination of a loving, family man and a man who has lost hope or has a few wires crossed. I was a little bummed he was gone so soon. He had a certain something about him that fit well into the show. He didn't want to open the doors for them in the first place and I think once he did he figured let them party, eat, drink and be happy for their final days because there is no hope for them.

I had the same thought you did for the black lady, nobody tried to get her to come along. Didn't hurt my feelings any as she is hard on the eyes anyway. Also, I had wondered all season where that grenade had gotten off to. I remember him picking it up and but couldnt remember him using it. I'm not so sure I would want a member of my group carrying it around in her purse though! LOL But it came in handy at the right time. BTW, I liked his extreme fear reaction when he pulls the pin...almost like he was frozen in fear and could hardly run for hiding.

I really like this show. Even Mrs. Jeff is hooked and she does not like scary, or intense, or bloody movies.

Anybody else wonder what Scientist Guy whispered in Rick's ear right before the sh*t hit the fan? I betcha I know. Remember they all took blood tests as "the price of admission?" I betcha Rick's wife has got one in the oven...and I betcha it's probably Shane's kid, since she was bangin' him back at base camp...oooooooh. That is gonna SUCK.

Great finale overall though. Sucks that we now have to wait till October of '11 to find out where they go from here!!!

Anybody else wonder what Scientist Guy whispered in Rick's ear right before the sh*t hit the fan? I betcha I know. Remember they all took blood tests as "the price of admission?" I betcha Rick's wife has got one in the oven...and I betcha it's probably Shane's kid, since she was bangin' him back at base camp...oooooooh. That is gonna SUCK.

Great finale overall though. Sucks that we now have to wait till October of '11 to find out where they go from here!!!

Oh hell yeah, good thinking, I never gave that much thought, but that is a good call.

I was wondering about that also. I thought he maybe told them of another lab or army base but your theory makes more sense.

I can't take credit for the "Rick's wife is pregnant" idea -- my wife piped up with that one right after the end credits started to roll. She's way smarter than I am. :lol:

I can't take credit for the "Rick's wife is pregnant" idea -- my wife piped up with that one right after the end credits started to roll. She's way smarter than I am. :lol:

See, Mrs. Jeff is way smarter too and mostly she sees where the movies and shows are heading before I do, but she didn't come with the pregnant wife idea either, so guess what, in my household I did! Thank Mrs. FF for me!

The first season of "Walking Dead" will be available on DVD in March 2011.

See, Mrs. Jeff is way smarter too and mostly she sees where the movies and shows are heading before I do, but she didn't come with the pregnant wife idea either, so guess what, in my household I did! Thank Mrs. FF for me!

I did some google-ing and the pregnancy idea seems to be the prevailing thought. I did get a chuckle out of one persons comment as to what the doc said:

My theory is he said "Your best friend’s sperm was found in your wife’s blood sample somehow...

...and so was mine."

:lol:

They should have had more episodes for this season, it ended without closure or a cliffhanger. I hope I can get into it again when it comes back late next year.

Getting ready to start on the comics now :)

• My Little Pony

I can't believe they only give us six episodes and expect us to wait a year. Well forget that, I'm reading the graphic novels. I just started the first book and I'll be happy to post any interesting spoilers here. ;)

• 2 months later...

Zombie on Human Love Nixed for Walking Dead Season 2

Sorry zombie lovers, Walking Dead isn't going to become the zombie version of Twilight.

There's still a lengthy wait until Walking Dead season 2 hits AMC in the fall, but series creator Robert Kirkman has at least started talking about it. In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Kirkman confirmed a few of the show's upcoming story events, and sadly(?) nixed any possibility of zombie on human action.

"I can absolutely rule that out," Kirkman said when asked if zombies and humans would ever get it on. "That's just awful."

So vampire on human is fine, but zombie on human is "awful?" That sounds zombieist to me. On second thought, he's totally right. Bad idea.

Kirkman also said that there won't be a big time difference between season 1 and season 2. The cast will still be reacting to the event that occurred at the end of the first season. Similar to how the Walking Dead comic book operates, Kirkman revealed that more characters will both die and be introduced to the show's group of survivors. However, main character Rick is sticking around at least for the entirety of season 2.

For fans that hope to ever find out where Walking Dead's zombies come from, another comment from Kirkman might break your hearts. "I don't know if we'll ever tell people how the zombies came about," he said. "I don't think it's important to the story which is about characters. When you delve into where they come from it delves into science fiction." Understandable, I suppose.

Walking Dead season 2 is expected to start airing in October.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

• 7 months later...

So did anyone catch the start of season two on Sunday? If so was it good? I completely forgot about it but did DVR it so hopefully I'll watch it sometime this week.

So did anyone catch the start of season two on Sunday? If so was it good? I completely forgot about it but did DVR it so hopefully I'll watch it sometime this week.

I thought it was good. It had a little action and a few scary situations with them hiding under the cars but overall not as action packed as I was hoping.

I thought it was good. It had a little action and a few scary situations with them hiding under the cars but overall not as action packed as I was hoping.

Yeah, I enjoyed the episode, but there was a little too much "talk" for my liking. Hopefully the whole triangle with Rick, his wife, and his friend Shane will NOT be a major focus this season. I want blood and guts, not love triangles....