Hardcore Superstar - Split Your Lip

Jeff

I think 2011 will get off to a good start! Something I think a few of us on this board will be looking forward to.

From Sleazeroxx.com:

Hardcore Superstar Post A Teaser From Upcoming CD 'Split Your Lip'

August 17, 2010

Swedish Sleaze rockers Hardcore Superstar have posted a TV clip, from TV4, of guitarist Vic Zino and singer Jocke Berg performing "Here Comes That Sick Bitch Again", taken from the forthcoming album 'Split Your Lip'.

'Split Your Lip' will be released in January 2011.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, good news! Here is the full article:

New Hardcore Superstar Album 'Slit Your Lip' Out On November 26th

September 22, 2010

Hardcore Superstar will release their new album "Split your lip" on November 26th. The first single will be a two side split with the songs Moonshine and Guestlist. The single will only be released exclusive together with Sweden Rock Magazine in early November. So make sure to get your copy at www.swedenrockmagazine.com.

On Friday, September 24th, the song Moonshine will be played for the first time at Bandit Rock Radio in Sweden. Make sure to tune in on the web if you're not living in Sweden.

The album was recorded live in only five days at Studio Bohus together with producer Tobias Lindell.

Listen to the world premier of Moonshine at Bandit Rock Radio www.bandit.se

Don't say that infront of MrLee from the sleazeroxx or crashdiet forums. He's being saying they have sold out and now sound like.... wait for it....

wait for it...

wait for it...

PARAMORE!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Most stupid comparison iv'e ever heard in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the cover art announced the other day? Is anyone planning to pre-order and get the signed copy?

I'm thinking about it but have not done the currency conversion yet to see what it actually costs in USD.

Did anyone see the cover art announced the other day? Is anyone planning to pre-order and get the signed copy?

I'm thinking about it but have not done the currency conversion yet to see what it actually costs in USD.

I'll probably just wait and get the version that NEH gets but I keep forgetting to pick up the last release as at one time these guys were my fav sleaze band but the only ones I've heard were Dreamin in a Casket and the s/t disc and both are awesome IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I converting the price right? $45 USD if you pre-order the CD? Please someone tell me I am wrong. Even if it is signed, if they want $45, that is BS if you ask me.

https://www.bengans.se/popup/hardcore_split/int.aspx?language=en

think you got your calcs wrong. according to xe.com 200SEK = $US30

Just found this review

Split Your Lip Review

if anyone knows where to hear it, pm me.

HARDCORE SUPERSTAR - Split Your Lip (Album)

Nuclear Blast - 26th November 2010

‘Split Your Lip’, the new offering for Swedish Hard Rock veterans Hardcore Superstar, is a radiant return to form, I’m glad to announce. Not that there was ever any of their albums I really really disliked, but I always found myself going back to ‘Bad Sneakers…’ and their 2005 self-titled in the end. With ‘Split Your Lip’, Jocke & Co get as close as they can to that album without at all regressing or denying the artistic growth they underwent in the past ten years. I’m already buzzing to the thought of how these songs are going to sound live. Bring on the next UK tour!

I found only one problem with ‘Split Your Lip’, at least for the first few listens: I couldn’t get over song n.2 ‘Guestlist’. I just liked it instantly too much. Well, initially a football commentary in a foreign language took me by surprise and I briefly thought I was on Spotify waiting for the ads to end. However, the scenario soon comes clear, and if ‘Community Property’ is the most honest song ever written by a rockstar, ‘Guestlist’ is the most honest song written by a rockstar after the 80s, when the trend of the half-naked groupies piling backstage is indeed ‘passé’. Hilarious and rocks your socks off. Thumbs up.

When I finally made it past ‘Guestlist’, I discovered an album that manages to be diverse yet portraying a trademark sound that is not limited to Berg’s unique voice. While ‘Last Call for Alcohol’ may well be the next single and has nothing to envy to ‘We don’t celebrate Sundays’, title track ‘Split Your Lip’ even takes a page off the Murderdolls book in its aggressive explosion of vitality, adding the usual sexy HCSS fingernail marks. ‘Moonshine’ is so pop and chilled in its intro that kind of reminds me of ‘Blame it on the boogie’ (yes, Jackson 5), but fear not, as it soon takes off and shakes your speakers savagely. First ballad in HCSS key: ‘Here comes the sick bitch’. Enough said.

I deeply hate ’song by song’ reviews so I’ll stop here, because I could go on forever on each and every track. What you need to know is that you’re going to love ‘Split Your Lip’, doesn’t matter if you prefer old HCSS or their more recent work. Each song will be inexorably stuck in your memory only a few listens. This is a precious chest with all that this band could musically excel in. There’s even a little go at hardcore screaming at the end of ‘What did I do’, and more Murderdolls type of vocals; there’s classic rock and old school riffs; a few bluesy notes; but in the end is simply, utterly, magnifically Hardcore Superstar, the way you were hoping they would be on their next album.

Curious? Too bad. It’s out on 26th November on Nuclear Blast. Until then, you’ll have to trust my word and keep dreaming. Soundtrack advice: 2009 greatest hits ‘We don’t celebrate Sundays’.

8/10

Review by The Wicked Witch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received my copy today and gave it a couple of spins. It's definately a step back towards their 'rock'-sound and less 'metal' than Beg for it or Dreamin'. My first impression is mixed: The good songs on SYL are simply some of the best songs they've ever written (Guestlist, Last call for Alcohol, Bully come to mind), but unfortunately there are some weaker ones as well. A very nice album once again, but it doesn't top Crashdiet or Crazy Lixx for me.

Overall, I'd place it as third or maybe second in their discography, with the ST still on top of the list.

had this on constant rotation for the last 2 days. This first half is brilliant, and the 2nd half great, althouhg not as good as the first half of the disc.

seems everyone is putting Bully up there as one of the better tracks. On my listens so far I;d put this towards the lower end....