Hardcore Superstar - Split Your Lip

Jeff

had this on constant rotation for the last 2 days. This first half is brilliant, and the 2nd half great, althouhg not as good as the first half of the disc.

seems everyone is putting Bully up there as one of the better tracks. On my listens so far I;d put this towards the lower end....

I can definately see someone not liking Bully! It's quite a simple and catchy song, but I like the attitude :headbanger: Guestlist and Last Call are better imo!

My only critic is that quite a few of the songs get to the choruses too soon. I liked the more complex song-structures of the ST and Dreamin'. That being said, the choruses on SYL are excellent, but sometimes it gets annoying hearing them again every 20 seconds...

had this on constant rotation for the last 2 days. This first half is brilliant, and the 2nd half great, althouhg not as good as the first half of the disc.

seems everyone is putting Bully up there as one of the better tracks. On my listens so far I;d put this towards the lower end....

I can definately see someone not liking Bully! It's quite a simple and catchy song, but I like the attitude :headbanger: Guestlist and Last Call are better imo!

Yeah, backed. I prefer those 2 too. Some very strong songs early on... 'Bully' isn't one of my faves either.

Just received this yesterday and on my second spin, so far I'm feelin' like this just flat out fucking rocks! I wasn't a huge fan of Beg For It after the s/t and Dreamin' but it sounds like they've got their mojo back big time... regardless of what mrlee says glam_junkie.... ;)

Interesting fellow that mrlee, actually not a bad guy. He's got all the attitude you want in a sleaze fan, but his comparisons give away his lack of knowledge of the scene in general. At least you always know how he feels... :lol:

Why no love in this thread for 'Beg For It' ?? I think its a sensational album......arguably better than 'Dreamin...' and the newie. The first 4 tracks all kick serious arse, 'Dont Care....' is maybe their best song ever, 'Remove My Brain' is awesome, even more so is the magnificent 'Illegal Fun' and 'Innocent Boy' is a fab end to a great disc.

Turning to the newie, only spun this once so far but I love it. Just a continuation from the last 2 albums IMO. Big massive over the top songs with huge riffs. Just what I expect from HS. My only 'slight' disappointment is that the 2 ballads are very stripped back and just dont go anywhere.....maybe an electric part with a killer solo might have lifted these songs...dunno?

Nice effort all the same.

Cheers

Just received this yesterday and on my second spin, so far I'm feelin' like this just flat out fucking rocks! I wasn't a huge fan of Beg For It after the s/t and Dreamin' but it sounds like they've got their mojo back big time... regardless of what mrlee says glam_junkie.... ;)

Interesting fellow that mrlee, actually not a bad guy. He's got all the attitude you want in a sleaze fan, but his comparisons give away his lack of knowledge of the scene in general. At least you always know how he feels... :lol:

yes, more attitude than knowledge.

but as you say not a bad guy, just has a bad habbit of making outlandish statements... such as "HCSS have sold out"!?!!?!??

i genrally let his uneducated comments go straight by these days. No point discussing with someone who takes in as much of others opinions as a birck wall.

Why no love in this thread for 'Beg For It' ?? I think its a sensational album......arguably better than 'Dreamin...' and the newie. The first 4 tracks all kick serious arse, 'Dont Care....' is maybe their best song ever, 'Remove My Brain' is awesome, even more so is the magnificent 'Illegal Fun' and 'Innocent Boy' is a fab end to a great disc.

Yep, add me to this party. For me it's their best album so far too. I've only spun the new one a couple of times and I dig it, but I do prefer 'Beg for it' over 'Dreamin...' and as I've said before, still need to discover what all you guys saw in the s/t that I seem to have missed. ;) Either way, I much prefer 'Beg for it' to that one for sure.

Yep, add me to this party. For me it's their best album so far too. I've only spun the new one a couple of times and I dig it, but I do prefer 'Beg for it' over 'Dreamin...' and as I've said before, still need to discover what all you guys saw in the s/t that I seem to have missed. ;) Either way, I much prefer 'Beg for it' to that one for sure.

For me it felt forced, and the songs just didn't gel as well as the ones on the previous two releases. I really couldn't put my finger on a specific reason, and believe me I WANTED to liek it, I freakin' love these guys! It just didn't get me going... Split Your Lip seems to have recaptured the feeling I got when I listened to the s/t or Dreamin'... it wasn't that BFI was a BAD album per se, it just didn't live up to the expectations they had set with the prior two. :headbanger: