Leave it to Jesse Jackson (again)

LV KIX

Anyone who follows sports at all and most that don't know about Lebron James leaving the Cleveland Cavs... But most of you didn't know that Lebron was actually a slave. Check out this article:

CHICAGO (AP) -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

Shortly after James announced his decision last week, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert told the AP in a phone interview late Thursday night. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Jackson said Gilbert's comments were "mean, arrogant and presumptuous."

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers and James.

Jackson also called Gilbert's comments an attack on all NBA players and said the owner should face a "challenge" from the league and the players' association.

Share146 NBA spokesman Tim Frank declined comment.

I saw ol' Jesse had said that, didn't even bother reading the article. I tend to ignore pretty much everything that guy has to say now since apparently everything that any white person says or does that involves a minority either directly or indirectly is racist in his eyes. -_-

Wasn't it Jackson that called Obama the N-word when he was on the radio and thought they had gone to commercial? I recall something like that and thinking he is just as racist as anyone else. Like DP said, anything out of his mouth is irrelavent.

Why is he still on my planet anyway? He was supposed to get on the last shuttle out of here; preferably in the back section (lol... reverse-reverse-reverse racism for ya)

Jackson is a moron...every time he opens his mouth he becomes more irrelevant...

If only this were true. (I mean, in reality, it is VERY much true.) But our press corps seems to think it just as relevant to let him vent and further perpetuate this racism stuff. Seriously Jesse? I'm not saying there still aren't hurdles to clear, but I think there are a whole lot worse problems to overcome than calling a guy (with multi-million dollar contracts in BB, endorsements, etc. and with a 12-story mural on the side of a building in a city that adored him) a slave. But, Mr. Jackson just proves this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMeU_szhZ6E

Yes Jackson is an idiot, but I also thought the Cav's owner was way out of line. Why wouldn't Lebron want to go play for the Heat with D-Wade a championship wasn't going to happen in Cleveland.

I've read this kind of quote a million times, but there are two predominating factors that, to me, excuse this less-than-ownerly behavior. First of all, Cleveland would have been shocked if James had said "I'm Miami bound." in any way as he was the big hero around these parts for the past 7 years, if not longer. The way he proved his ego was nowhere in check by pulling a Brett Favre and holding everyone's attention from the last buzzer of the series loss against the Celtics (and honestly, way longer) and then schedule that audacious one-hour television extravaganza with a staged interview and everything. Then saying "He'd done so much for Cleveland; they wouldn't be upset. At least his real fans wouldn't be." or whatever, he just basically whipped it out and pissed all over Cleveland. While unprofessional, Dan Gilbert's letter to the fans was exactly what was needed to galvanize a city. Both in terms of their heartbreak at James' decision, but also to hopefully keep them supporting his franchise. (Will that move hurt the signing of future free agents? I'm thinking it could. But honestly, you know that was as much, if not far more, a heart, not head, reaction.)

Secondly, Cleveland has endured SO MUCH sports heartache over the years. Just in MY lifetime/memory: Red Right 88, the Drive, the Fumble, the Shot, Indians losing 2 (in 3 years) WS appearances (especially Game 7 against the Marlins), and the Cavs' collapses in the 07 Finals and 09 EC Finals, not to mention this past season's debacle. To be shot through the heart (someone else can fill in here) by a hometown hero just added to the hurt. The Decision is the freshest wound to be created from ripping this scab off the heart of Clevelanders. LeBron had every right to make his decision, but in doing so earned himself a lifetime of hatred from NE Ohioans.

Oh yeah try being an Eagles fan, for Christ sake, New Orleans won a Super Bowl before the Eagles.

And before the Vikings. I feel your pain!

Secondly, Cleveland has endured SO MUCH sports heartache over the years. Just in MY lifetime/memory: Red Right 88, the Drive, the Fumble, the Shot, Indians losing 2 (in 3 years) WS appearances (especially Game 7 against the Marlins), and the Cavs' collapses in the 07 Finals and 09 EC Finals, not to mention this past season's debacle. To be shot through the heart (someone else can fill in here) by a hometown hero just added to the hurt. The Decision is the freshest wound to be created from ripping this scab off the heart of Clevelanders. LeBron had every right to make his decision, but in doing so earned himself a lifetime of hatred from NE Ohioans.

And you may have missed the biggest "heartache" in the history of Cleveland.... The Browns leaving for Baltimore. Then five years after leaving the Ravens win the Super Bowl. Growing up in the Baltimore area, I know what it is like to lose a football team that means everything to a city. I still remember the new clips of the Colts sneaking out of Baltimore in the middle of a snowy winter's night.

I think there may be more to Gilbert's comments. It is looking like James wasn't as great of a guy and teammate as the media would have you believe. Maybe it was actually James who was the problem in Cleveland in the first place.

So... what have we learned?

The Colts left Baltimore, the Browns left Cleveland, and Lebron also left Cleveland. Now... If we could only get Jesse Jackson to leave, we would all be happy.

^ Dave, I can't believe that didn't even register. Other than LeCon, all the others were in game moments, but still. That was huge!

If only we could get your last line to come true! :beerbang:

You just started this thread to get me in trouble didnt you?

• 4 weeks later...

Plain and simple: Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are race-baiting cunts.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I promise you this. When these assholes die (They will eventually), I will dance on their graves...

I just hope they don't have the blood of Keith Richards.

I'll be waiting a long time...

Whats especially funny is watching Al try and use big words and sound edumecated when he really is the poster boy for stupid!