Lillian Axe - Deep Red Shadows

edwithmj

Lillian Axe Complete Tenth Album 'Deep Red Shadows'

June 6, 2010

Lillian Axe Complete Tenth Album 'Deep Red Shadows' Lillian Axe is happy to announce that their tenth album, Deep Red Shadows, is finished.

The band has just finished listening the masters and a big thumbs up went around the studio. Deep Red Shadows was produced by Steve Blaze, mixed by Rob Hovey and mastered by Ty Tabor of King's X. The song "47 Ways To Die" was mixed by the famous and well respected record producer and engineer, Sylvia Massy. Sylvia Massy is best known for her work with the band Tool ('Undertow' went 2x platinum and 'Opiate' went platinum). She also has gold and platinum albums with Green Jelly, Powerman 5000 and The Red Hot Chili Peppers to name a few. Sylvia Massy also has worked with Sevendust, Prince, Johnny Cash, Seven Mary Three and The Deftones. Ty Tabor of King's X is the special guest on the song, "The Quenching Of Human Life," adding an amazing guitar solo to the track.

Final Track Listing: (1) Under The Same Moon (2) 47 Ways To Die (3) The Quenching Of Human Life (4) A Minute Of Years (5) Nobody Knows (acoustic) (6) The Day I Met You (acoustic) (7) Sad Day On Planet Earth (acoustic) (8) Nocturnal Symphony (acoustic) (9) Deep Red Shadows (instrumental).

The first single off of Deep Red Shadows will be "47 Ways To Die" and the band is planning on filming a video for the song shortly and hitting the road to a city near you.

Go to Amazon.com and pre-order a copy of our new CD, Deep Red Shadows.

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.lillianaxe.com

Will this one be any good?

Only 4 new tracks. Pains me to find out if it will be any good. I'm waiting for samples, because last year's release sure left me feeling blah.

Yeah, it's a sad day when I just don't care about new Lillian Axe releases anymore. I'll try to check out the new tunes, but to be honest I have no hope for them. :(

I may be the only one but I loved both "Water Rising" and "Sad Day On Planet Earth". Still a great band to see live.

As far as the new release goes... I'm not really looking forward to the acoustic versions (re-makes) but I'm sure I'll pick it up for the new songs. I'm not sure why they would release old songs with the new singer.. doesn't seem like this is a good idea as far as sales go. I would much rather wait anoth 4 or 5 months and have them record more new material.

The first time I listened to Sad Day On Planet Earth I couldn't find one decent track that I wanted to copy to my computer.

I threw the disc in last week and tried for 2 days on the way back and forth to work and same results. For me there was not a single track that had anything catchy or memorable.

The first time I listened to Sad Day On Planet Earth I couldn't find one decent track that I wanted to copy to my computer.

I threw the disc in last week and tried for 2 days on the way back and forth to work and same results. For me there was not a single track that had anything catchy or memorable.

Strange... I guess that I'm the only one who thinks the last 2 releases fit perfectly within the Lillian Axe vault. Actually a few of the songs were even written years ago when Ron Taylor was still in the band.

... :popcorn:

Strange... I guess that I'm the only one who thinks the last 2 releases fit perfectly within the Lillian Axe vault. Actually a few of the songs were even written years ago when Ron Taylor was still in the band.

Mate, I hate to say it but I think you are literally the only one out there not hearing what the rest of us do. I'm as big a fan of Lillian Axe with Ron Taylor as the next guy, but imo what has happened with the band since he left is just utter garbage.

Even if there are songs that were written a long time ago, the way the band plays the songs these days is just not Lillian Axe to me. They're gloomy, void of melody and as Jeff said, totally forgettable and hook-free. It's a sad situation and I hate to see it, but there is no doubt that Lillian Axe - a once truly excellent band - totally suck these days. :(

I just heard the first single called '47 Ways to Die' (found in the media dept of the bands website) and to put it lightly, it's the same slow and dreary stuff they've been releasing since Ron left the band. Where is the up beat melodic rock of Love & War or Poetic Justice? I didn't mind the darker edged sound of Psycho at all, I personally thought it was a brilliant release, but this new music is so drab. They still have that unique sound that easily identifies the band, but not much else. It pains me to say that I'll pass on it and knowing my Lillian Axe collection might never get another jolt of brilliance really hurts.

They are still my all time fav band, but unfortunately my love for them will wither and die away in the blood red skies of the darkened and fading moolight...FUCK my own words are starting to sound like dreary new Lillian Axe lyrics.

I just heard the first single called '47 Ways to Die' (found in the media dept of the bands website) and to put it lightly, it's the same slow and dreary stuff they've been releasing since Ron left the band. Where is the up beat melodic rock of Love & War or Poetic Justice? I didn't mind the darker edged sound of Psycho at all, I personally thought it was a brilliant release, but this new music is so drab. They still have that unique sound that easily identifies the band, but not much else. It pains me to say that I'll pass on it and knowing my Lillian Axe collection might never get another jolt of brilliance really hurts.

They are still my all time fav band, but unfortunately my love for them will wither and die away in the blood red skies of the darkened and fading moolight...FUCK my own words are starting to sound like dreary new Lillian Axe lyrics.

I totally agree. The first four albums are so good it's criminal...these other releases should have been called something other than Lillian Axe.

I totally agree. The first four albums are so good it's criminal...these other releases should have been called something other than Lillian Axe.

Agreed. He (Stevie Blaze) should have kept that Near Life Experience name for whatever trainwreck of a project that was and continued it on for these albums, instead of calling anything after 'Psychoschitzophrenia' a Lillian Axe project.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with LV Kix.

While they were no where near as good as the earlier Axe material, I still dug both "Waters Rising" and "Sad Day On Planet Earth".

So this new album.... Lefevre or Monroe singing??

As far as I understand it, Lefevre does the vocals on the new release that's just been released.

As far as I understand it, Lefevre does the vocals on the new release that's just been released.

From what I heard this new release was going to be a full release of new songs until Derick and Steve decided to part ways. I guess there are more new songs written (maybe even recorded)but Lillian Axe decided not to release them due to the pending singer change.

• 4 weeks later...

Having just seen Lillian Axe play a couple new tunes this past weekend... I still think what they are doing now fits right in along with the progression of Lillian Axe. When I saw them, Lefevre was still doing the vocals. I have no doubt that Ronnie Munroe can handle the older material and even improve the band's direction. All in all... STILL LILLIAN AXE TO ME.

Yeah, it's a sad day when I just don't care about new Lillian Axe releases anymore. I'll try to check out the new tunes, but to be honest I have no hope for them. :(

I couldnt agree with you more...

Rather a poor live performance seen here...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144405&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29

The singer looks out of shape and scared!

Sad really!

You're not alone. It took a few spins for Sad Day to grow on me but I now love the album

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am amazed by this band!

Why am I amazed by this band?

Well, they have had, what, three singers? And they all sound remarkably simular and they all sing in the same unique way that fits LA.

How is that?

I totally agree with you.. and they still kick a** live too. I think I'm the only one looking forward to a new release with Ronny Munroe on vocals.