I'm embarrassed to admit...

heavyharmonies

That I'm really, REALLY digging some of Linkin Park's material. I can do without their more rap-laden material, but it seems that recently they are becoming more of a modern melodic hard rock band.

I just got done watching their Road to Revolution Blu-Ray, and it has some real melodic passages on it.

What floored me though is the video below. If you have the bandwidth and the video processing, I definitely recommend selecting the 1080p version and watching it it full-screen. Both the video and the song are pretty damned awesome I have to admit!

I have always found some of Linkin Park's stuff pretty melodic and well done. Yesterday "Numb" came on my Ipod while I was painting....a sing along song for me.

Some folks can fling shit if they want, but I agree, these guys have some pretty good stuff AND yes, I too can do without the tunes where rap is heavily incorporated. They will never be my favorite band but they have some good stuff.

Some of my favorite LP tunes are the radio singles:

Crawling

In The End

MyD<Dsmbr

Numb

One Step Closer

Runaway

Side note one of my favorite concert memories is from an LP concert that I was even attending as a fan. I used to work for a security company in Minnesota and sometimes our job was to guard the barrier area before the stage. Linkin Park was doing a show at the Metrodome and some of the crowd was body surfing up to the barrier area and we had to catch them as they fell of the front. I'll never forget listening to LP belt out the tunes right behind me while I caught people as fast as I could, one right after the other, and coming out of that concert drenched and exhausted.

I always liked them but I like their newer stuff more because its more melodic. Geoff suggested Chester Bennington's side project, Dead By Sunrise, and that is good too.

Dead By Sunrise "Let Down"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrmrOv9QAac...feature=related

There are a few others that are really good but this is my favorite one.

I always liked them but I like their newer stuff more because its more melodic. Geoff suggested Chester Bennington's side project, Dead By Sunrise, and that is good too.

Dead By Sunrise "Let Down"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrmrOv9QAac...feature=related

There are a few others that are really good but this is my favorite one.

Yeah, make sure if you like Linkin Park you check these guys out. Not quite as heavy as Linkin Park, but NO rapping either.

I don't mind the odd Linkin Park song here and there, but the rapping parts are a real dampener. Shame, because there are some excellent melodic choruses in the mix, and cool metal passages too. Yeah, the whole rapping thing is a real shame.

I just despise Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and all that stuff.

The rapping on their early stuff just killed me and that's why out of that era of rap metal I always appreciated Sevendust since Lajon could actually sing and didn't rap at all.

I can get into Papa Roach now since they don't rap but for the most part most of the bands of that era I don't have time for. I even have the first two Disturbed discs but neve listen to them.

The rapping on their early stuff just killed me and that's why out of that era of rap metal I always appreciated Sevendust since Lajon could actually sing and didn't rap at all.

I can get into Papa Roach now since they don't rap but for the most part most of the bands of that era I don't have time for. I even have the first two Disturbed discs but neve listen to them.

Did you even bother to watch the video I linked to? Nothing even remotely resembling rap there AT ALL.

And as far as Disturbed is concerned, Indestructible is just a phenomenal metal album. Disturbed has gotten heavier with their more recent efforts.

Seriously, you're missing some good stuff.

-Dan

Did you even bother to watch the video I linked to? Nothing even remotely resembling rap there AT ALL.

And as far as Disturbed is concerned, Indestructible is just a phenomenal metal album. Disturbed has gotten heavier with their more recent efforts.

-Dan

Dan to be honest I didn't listen to and I'm sure I'm missing out on some of the Disturbed stuff but I can be just so damn narrow minded. :lol:

To be honest I always did like Chester's voice but just hated the rapping so that always put me off from listening to anything else besides they were always on the radio back when I used to listen to radio and they just drove me away and I always put them into the Korn, Limp Bizkit basket of Rap Metal groups I hated.

-Dan

Dan to be honest I didn't listen to and I'm sure I'm missing out on some of the Disturbed stuff but I can be just so damn narrow minded. :lol:

To be honest I always did like Chester's voice but just hated the rapping so that always put me off from listening to anything else besides they were always on the radio back when I used to listen to radio and they just drove me away and I always put them into the Korn, Limp Bizkit basket of Rap Metal groups I hated.

I did give it a listen and it was a good song and for some reason seemed familiar so I probably have heard it but I didn't like it enough to purchase it though.

-Dan

Wowser, I hate to get into defending Linkin Park because I don't feel that strongly about them, but cousin... Limp Bizkit and Korn??? They are NOTHING like shithouse bands like that. The fact is, you take the rapping out of early Linkin Park and you have awesome modern melodic hard rock. Simple as that. You take the rapping out of Limp Bizkit or Korn and you're still left with f*cking garbage with as much melody as a broken toe.

For the record I hate Disturbed too (sorry Dan!) but if you like Chester's voice, you should really check out the Dead By Sunrise CD I posted about last year.

-Dan

Wowser, I hate to get into defending Linkin Park because I don't feel that strongly about them, but cousin... Limp Bizkit and Korn??? They are NOTHING like shithouse bands like that. The fact is, you take the rapping out of early Linkin Park and you have awesome modern melodic hard rock. Simple as that. You take the rapping out of Limp Bizkit or Korn and you're still left with f*cking garbage with as much melody as a broken toe.

For the record I hate Disturbed too (sorry Dan!) but if you like Chester's voice, you should really check out the Dead By Sunrise CD I posted about last year.

You have to understand cousin that over here in the states that radio played them all side by side all day long so they all ran together. I do see your point about LP being more melodic but it seemed when those guys along with Papa Roach and the like first came out they were all over radio and in the magazines.

3 of the better, more melodic Linkin Park.

"What I've Done"

"Breaking The Habit"...Great video too...

"Shadow Of The Day"

There is no rapping in any of these. Only pure melodic modern rock.

I was given three of their albums months ago. I just cant bring myself to put them in the player

Well, heck, I'll give 'em a good home...

-Dan

Yeah, I'd take them too. I actually only have an original copy of 'Meteora', which I didn't think was very good. I've got a CDR copy of 'Hybrid Theory' that I burnt from my brother when it was released, but I'd be interested to hear their other discs. :)

I was given three of their albums months ago. I just cant bring myself to put them in the player

Well, heck, I'll give 'em a good home...

-Dan

No, because you got me wondering if they're any good now.

I have Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory, Meterora... Where do I start?

I also have Disturbed-Indestructable and Eazy E-Eazy Duz It, in my stack of albums i have yet to listen to. I refuse to listen to Eazy E until you start a thread about him