06. Down In The Dark

07. Blowing Out The Flame

08. Symphony Of Life

09. Alone I Remember

10. Promised Land 2

11. Journey To Arcadia

Guest-Musicans are:

Klaus Meine (SCORPIONS)

Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ICED EARTH)

Eric Singer (KISS, ALICE COOPER)

Michael Kiske (HELLOWEEN)

Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, ARK, MILLENIUM)

Bob Catley (MAGNUM)

Sascha Paeth

Felix Bohnke (EDGUY)

Alex Holzwarth (RHAPSODY, SIEGES EVEN)

Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X)

Jens Johansson (STRATOVARIUS, DIO, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN)

André Matos (ANGRA, SHAAMAN, VIPER)

Bruce Kulick (KISS, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD)

Cloudy Yang

Oliver Hartmann (AT VANCE, HARTMANN)

Jon Oliva (JON OLIVA'S PAIN, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, SAVATAGE)

Guest chrisssteeven

In many forums I have seen good reviews for scarecrow and here too, and nice to see that "The Scarecrow" isn't a forgettable album."It is not a typical power metal album" or "maturity is the theme of the album" give me envy to listen to this album. I shall probably have not listen to it, but now I think I will go for it.

Yeah definitely looking forward to this.

Anyone else heard Tobias sing on the track 'I'm The Animal' on the new Bruce Kulick album. Great song!!

yes i have, and i think it's the best track on the album. i didnt even realize it was Tobias singing on it at first, i thought maybe it was matts levin, but then out why it was so great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the songs sound great, however the only thing I don't get, is why release 2 seperate albums at the same time. This isn't 1991 and this won't sell anywhere near as well as GnR's Use your Illusions, so why not release one now and wait 10 to 14 months and then release the other. (Gosh!, Even the artwork and album titles of each album completely different.) As a consumer, I'd rather get this one, give it lots of spins and wait anxiously for the next offering. As a music listener, I have a short attention span and trying to soak in over 120 minutes of music is asking alot. Also forking out the dough for 2 albums at the same time is a concern. I could not simply buy one now and wait months to get the next one, knowing it's already out there. Even if it is a concept album, and I have no clue if it is, they could release one part now and wait before release the other.

Something tells me I will wait a few months or years and hopefully get both at the same time for real cheap on Ebay or in a store<s bargain bin.

P)robably coz it was in the can and Tobias wants to get back onto a new Edguy CD.... who knows? Truth is he is prolific in terms of output and cosidering that he started so young with Edguy he might be going for an all time record for # of albums released in a lifetime.

;)

Most of the songs sound great, however the only thing I don't get, is why release 2 seperate albums at the same time. This isn't 1991 and this won't sell anywhere near as well as GnR's Use your Illusions, so why not release one now and wait 10 to 14 months and then release the other. (Gosh!, Even the artwork and album titles of each album completely different.) As a consumer, I'd rather get this one, give it lots of spins and wait anxiously for the next offering. As a music listener, I have a short attention span and trying to soak in over 120 minutes of music is asking alot. Also forking out the dough for 2 albums at the same time is a concern. I could not simply buy one now and wait months to get the next one, knowing it's already out there. Even if it is a concept album, and I have no clue if it is, they could release one part now and wait before release the other.

Good point Dave - though I have an even better idea. They could release neither of them. Ever. Think they ought to me employ me onto their Management?

Okay, here we go. A mega-quick rundown:

"The Wicked Symphony" track listing:

01. The Wicked Symphony ; one of the best songs on the 2 CDs, but 9mins? Why? Didn't need to be this long. This one almost reminds me of Desmond Child at work.

02. Wastelands ; this is the first and best example of what shits me about these albums. The chorus melody is great - they have really gone for some great choruses on these discs, but the song is totally, completely ruined by the fast, unmelodic (musically), monotonous, bland pace of the song. The chorus is completely swallowed by the laziness. Shits me to tears.

03. Scales Of Justice ; good heavy rocker.

04. Dying For An Angel ; excellent melodic rocker and highlight of the 2 CDs.

05. Blizzard On A Broken Mirror ; shithouse filler.

06. Runaway Train ; too long again, but a good track.

07. Crestfallen ; another pointless fast-faced filler.

08. Forever Is A Long Time ; crabby verses but saved by a really cool chorus. I like it. And is this almost a christian metal track? :lol:

09. Black Wings ; slow, heavy rocker almost saved by decent chorus, but not quite. Thumbs down.

10. States Of Matter ; good heavy rocker.

11. The Edge ; and another good heavy rocker.

"Angel Of Babylon" track listing:

01. Angel Of Babylon ; fast paced and annoying, but cool chorus might just save this one.

02. Stargazers ; fast, bland. Probably the worst on the 2 discs.

03. Your Love Is Evil ; good, melodic heavy rocker.

04. Death Is Just A Feeling ; awful, awful verses but another huge, great chorus.

05. Rat Race ; total filler.

06. Down In The Dark ; good enough heavy rocker.

07. Blowing Out The Flame ; another good enough heavy rocker.

08. Symphony Of Life ; terrible. Filler.

09. Alone I Remember ; great track, amazing chorus. 2nd best song on the 2 CDs.

10. Promised Land 2 ; filler.

11. Journey To Arcadia ; filler.

So by my count there are 9 fillers out of 22 songs. And a few others barely hanging on with that fast-paced lazy nonsense. Therefore, I'd have been happy with just one 13 track CD void of fillers. Still wouldn't be amazing, but it'd be a pretty cool CD.

Okay, here we go. A mega-quick rundown:

"The Wicked Symphony" track listing:

01. The Wicked Symphony ; one of the best songs on the 2 CDs, but 9mins? Why? Didn't need to be this long. This one almost reminds me of Desmond Child at work.

02. Wastelands ; this is the first and best example of what shits me about these albums. The chorus melody is great - they have really gone for some great choruses on these discs, but the song is totally, completely ruined by the fast, unmelodic (musically), monotonous, bland pace of the song. The chorus is completely swallowed by the laziness. Shits me to tears.

03. Scales Of Justice ; good heavy rocker.

04. Dying For An Angel ; excellent melodic rocker and highlight of the 2 CDs.

05. Blizzard On A Broken Mirror ; shithouse filler.

06. Runaway Train ; too long again, but a good track.

07. Crestfallen ; another pointless fast-faced filler.

08. Forever Is A Long Time ; crabby verses but saved by a really cool chorus. I like it. And is this almost a christian metal track? :lol:

09. Black Wings ; slow, heavy rocker almost saved by decent chorus, but not quite. Thumbs down.

10. States Of Matter ; good heavy rocker.

11. The Edge ; and another good heavy rocker.

"Angel Of Babylon" track listing:

01. Angel Of Babylon ; fast paced and annoying, but cool chorus might just save this one.

02. Stargazers ; fast, bland. Probably the worst on the 2 discs.

03. Your Love Is Evil ; good, melodic heavy rocker.

04. Death Is Just A Feeling ; awful, awful verses but another huge, great chorus.

05. Rat Race ; total filler.

06. Down In The Dark ; good enough heavy rocker.

07. Blowing Out The Flame ; another good enough heavy rocker.

08. Symphony Of Life ; terrible. Filler.

09. Alone I Remember ; great track, amazing chorus. 2nd best song on the 2 CDs.

10. Promised Land 2 ; filler.

11. Journey To Arcadia ; filler.

So by my count there are 9 fillers out of 22 songs. And a few others barely hanging on with that fast-paced lazy nonsense. Therefore, I'd have been happy with just one 13 track CD void of fillers. Still wouldn't be amazing, but it'd be a pretty cool CD.

From what I can see the melodic rock/hard rock stuff is cool but the power metal stuff is all crap. :whistle:

For some reason Geoff reviewing an Avantasia release seems like asking Tim to review the next Hinder release.

No matter who reviews this one, it would be hard not to love the track Dying For An Angel.

From what I can see the melodic rock/hard rock stuff is cool but the power metal stuff is all crap. :whistle:

Haha. That's pretty much it, mate. Is "power metal" the correct terms for that fast paced shit? I never know what to call it because in my eyes it's nowhere near as heavy or powerful as the songs where they actually have a big heavy riff, or any kind of riff for that matter. I get no sense of "power" from these speedy gonzales tracks because they're too busy trying to be fast to bother with anything heavy, powerful or melodic. Honestly cannot tell you how much I hate that style of song. :lol:

For some reason Geoff reviewing an Avantasia release seems like asking Tim to review the next Hinder release.

Well if they stopped with the power metal shit then we wouldn't have that problem. ;):lol: Seriously, this and the debut are frustrating CDs because there is good stuff on it, but it's the same with Edguy. There is also a lot of throwaway stuff on here too. In my opinion. ;)