2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Dave

As usual every Australian on here is playing the "No-one in Australia gives two-fucks about the World Cup" card,as in years gone by the Americans did.

However,the U.S.A. internationally,ain't too bad but are behind the Europeans.But there seems to be some excitement on their part that they are in the Finals.Unlike the Oceanic boys,who now claim they're not interested,but tried like fuck to qualify.

Because no-one gives them fuck-all chance of winning they don't seem to care,but if they did win a game,they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Anyways,COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........p.s. Outfield players are not allowed to pick the ball up during play,ok Australia ? :whistle:

I'll say it again because it must have been over looked in a previous post......

As I said, some people like the game but the large majority don't........simple as that.

The ones who do are over the moon Australia made it and the ones who do will be screaming from rooftops if they win a game or two !!!!!

Who tried like fuck to qualify ???????

That would be the players I'd take it who play the game and that is a common occurance when any sports person is competeing to try and succeed.

p.s. Outfield players are not allowed to pick the ball up during play,ok Australia ? :whistle:...What about the twat who stands in front of the net ????????

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual every Australian on here is playing the "No-one in Australia gives two-fucks about the World Cup" card,as in years gone by the Americans did.

However,the U.S.A. internationally,ain't too bad but are behind the Europeans.But there seems to be some excitement on their part that they are in the Finals.Unlike the Oceanic boys,who now claim they're not interested,but tried like fuck to qualify.

Because no-one gives them fuck-all chance of winning they don't seem to care,but if they did win a game,they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Anyways,COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........p.s. Outfield players are not allowed to pick the ball up during play,ok Australia ? :whistle:

I'll say it again because it must have been over looked in a previous post......

As I said, some people like the game but the large majority don't........simple as that.

The ones who do are over the moon Australia made it and the ones who do will be screaming from rooftops if they win a game or two !!!!!

That would be the players I'd take it who play the game and that is a common occurance when any sports person is competeing to try and succeed.

p.s. Outfield players are not allowed to pick the ball up during play,ok Australia ? :whistle:...What about the twat who stands in front of the net ????????

Oh dear,the term "OUTFIELD" is somehow lost to the Aussies.....Goalkeepers stay "PRIMARILY" in the penalty area where they're allowed to pick the ball up,apart from receiving a back-pass !!!! :screwy:

Oh dear,the term "OUTFIELD" is somehow lost to the Aussies.....Goalkeepers stay "PRIMARILY" in the penalty area where they're allowed to pick the ball up,apart from receiving a back-pass !!!! :screwy:

:unsure: Mate, I think the Aussie and English sarcasm has gone over each of our heads here.......any way, enough of this for now, to much time has been wasted on this already.....I'm sure the topic will arise again a bit further on down the track ;):lol:

As long as Brazil, France, Portugal and Italy don't win it all I'll be happy.

I'm cheering for England (they have no chance in Hell, but I always cheer for them) and I'm picking Spain to repeat after the Euro Cup victory last year. I'd also like to see the host team South Africa get out of its group...but I don't think that will happen.

Ireland should be there!!! I may be of French decendance from the 17th century, but damn I hope they get killed.

What the hell happen to Canada? Did they not qualify? We suck ass at this sport. We did win Olympic gold in 1904.

The USA could surprise, since they seem to have a pretty easy route out of their own group, other than the game against England.

Yes, I totally agree on Ireland !! They should definitely be there ! Cheating French ............. :thppt:

Berndster, hoepfully our draw Australia vs Germany will be a great game & end in a draw :)

I was thinkin that since you have been to South Africa several times that you could offer to be the official HH tour guide :drink:

• 1 month later...
No matter what anyone says / slags off etc etc.

My betting is that there is at least a 90% chance we will be seeing England in the semis and that will no doubt piss off most of the Aussies on this board.

Whether they claim to not care about football or not.

90%? Wish I was that confident! This is England remember - capable of really f***ing up in big games.

I think we have our best chance for a long time, because we have a few great players and for the first time in at least 20 years we haven't got an idiot as manager. We need Gerrard and Rooney fit though.

BTW, I for one would love to see the Aussies beat Germany.

Now why would that be, my friend ? Got a problem with Germany playing football ? Do you fear the potential match England vs. Germany ?

:tumbsup:

Now why would that be, my friend ? Got a problem with Germany playing football ? Do you fear the potential match England vs. Germany ?

They fear playing anyone who are any good ;):lol:

The main reason is I don't want England to play Germany as we usually lose! I think we're probably a bit better than Germany at the moment, but luck is hardly ever with us when we play Germany. (I can only think of one notable exception in recent years.)

Plus like most Englishmen, I usually go for the underdog! (Although I wouldn't want the Aussies to win too many games, we'd never hear the end of it.)

(Although I wouldn't want the Aussies to win too many games, we'd never hear the end of it.)

I don't think you have got to much to worry about there mate :lol:

The main reason is I don't want England to play Germany as we usually lose! I think we're probably a bit better than Germany at the moment, but luck is hardly ever with us when we play Germany. (I can only think of one notable exception in recent years.)

Plus like most Englishmen, I usually go for the underdog! (Although I wouldn't want the Aussies to win too many games, we'd never hear the end of it.)

:rofl2: Thanks for an honest answer !! :drink: And I also remember that "one notable exception! ... !

:rofl2: Thanks for an honest answer !! :drink: And I also remember that "one notable exception! ... !

You can't be surprised about us going on about it, it's our best result since at least 1986. (Although revenge over Slaven Bilic last year was very satisyfing.)

What a great night it was... ;)

My betting is that there is at least a 90% chance we will be seeing England in the semis and that will no doubt piss off most of the Aussies on this board.

:lol: You guys are so special. It's delicious how you're so certain that us Aussies are all liars and we somehow do actually give a shit about soccer... but does this mean I am meant to persist with you Brits and try to tell you all that you're liars and you really do care about Rugby League? Face it guys - most Aussies do not give a flying fuck about soccer!!! :lol: Yes, there are a handful of fanatics who do care (just like there are a handful of Brits very interested in Rugby League) but in Australia, it is certainly the minority.

In total honesty, my first instinct when I saw this thread was to ask - did the Aussies qualify this year? I remember seeing stuff here and there, but I honestly didn't know (or overly care, lol).

Would I be happy to see Australia win? Of course! Just like I would be happy to see them win badminton. But that's because I'm a proud Australian and enjoy seeing us succeed at anything... even shithouse sports like badminton and soccer (in order from best to worst). There's nothing wrong with that.

As for seeing England be successful, of course it'll annoy me. I'd never deny it would. I openly dislike England and have never denied it. :lol: I would love to see you guys gone in the opening round just purely for the joy of seeing you all so confident only to get kicked in the balls... and plus you're English. ;) Will it happen? Probably not, but I hope it does. :lol:

Anyway, good luck to Australia foremost, The Netherlands secondly and every single other team in the world cup (literally) except England... oh and some of the Asian countries too. ;) Despite my dislike for soccer, even I tune into a few games during the world cup for interests sake, so hope there are a few good games (if that's even possible. Do they still play the game anymore, or just cry, piss and moan and dive for 80mins these days?).

Sometimes people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a keyboard or an internet connection. -_-

Like the guy who typed this:

England will perhaps not meet Australia,because of the draw,and the fact you'll be the first side put out :whistle: ,but if we did.....

WE'D HAMMER YOU TO FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Ian, but it's my dying wish now to see Australia - sometime in the next however many years I have left on earth - somehow beat England in soccer, just to have this pompous comment resurrected. :)

Sometimes people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a keyboard or an internet connection. -_-

Like the guy who typed this:

England will perhaps not meet Australia,because of the draw,and the fact you'll be the first side put out :whistle: ,but if we did.....

WE'D HAMMER YOU TO FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Ian, but it's my dying wish now to see Australia - sometime in the next however many years I have left on earth - somehow beat England in soccer, just to have this pompous comment resurrected. :)

:rofl2:

:lol: You guys are so special. It's delicious how you're so certain that us Aussies are all liars and we somehow do actually give a shit about soccer... but does this mean I am meant to persist with you Brits and try to tell you all that you're liars and you really do care about Rugby League? Face it guys - most Aussies do not give a flying fuck about soccer!!! :lol: Yes, there are a handful of fanatics who do care (just like there are a handful of Brits very interested in Rugby League) but in Australia, it is certainly the minority.

In total honesty, my first instinct when I saw this thread was to ask - did the Aussies qualify this year? I remember seeing stuff here and there, but I honestly didn't know (or overly care, lol).

Would I be happy to see Australia win? Of course! Just like I would be happy to see them win badminton. But that's because I'm a proud Australian and enjoy seeing us succeed at anything... even shithouse sports like badminton and soccer (in order from best to worst). There's nothing wrong with that.

As for seeing England be successful, of course it'll annoy me. I'd never deny it would. I openly dislike England and have never denied it. :lol: I would love to see you guys gone in the opening round just purely for the joy of seeing you all so confident only to get kicked in the balls... and plus you're English. ;) Will it happen? Probably not, but I hope it does. :lol:

Anyway, good luck to Australia foremost, The Netherlands secondly and every single other team in the world cup (literally) except England... oh and some of the Asian countries too. ;) Despite my dislike for soccer, even I tune into a few games during the world cup for interests sake, so hope there are a few good games (if that's even possible. Do they still play the game anymore, or just cry, piss and moan and dive for 80mins these days?).

:rofl2: .....But he is speaking the truth !!!!!!!!

The only thing is though, I don't dislike England, I actually like nothing better in sport than playing a Test series against them and when it is played tough and hard and the matches are close, I actually respect them.

Let's be honest now, If we did get to play them in the Soccer World Cup, our chances would not be to good at all but as Geoff said, the game is so far down the pecking order of Australian sport and the only time you start to hear a noise about it is when the World Cup comes around and other than that, no one could really give a fuck about it and to be be honest, the A league {the competition here} or whatever they call it is really piss poor.

But love em or hate em' , the Poms make it interesting :tumbsup:

Berndster, hoepfully our draw Australia vs Germany will be a great game & end in a draw :)

I was thinkin that since you have been to South Africa several times that you could offer to be the official HH tour guide :drink:

Ha ha .. ! Missed this one, Andre !

Well, a draw between Australia vs Germany is not something I would hope for obviously, but that is not going to happen anyway (fingers crossed ...!). Australia :hammer: Germany

Yeah, the official HH tour guide would be nice, though ! Are you going to start collecting for my flight ticket ? ;)

Well, a draw between Australia vs Germany is not something I would hope for obviously, but that is not going to happen anyway (fingers crossed ...!). Australia :hammer: Germany

What does that mean, mate? Does that mean you want the Aussies to beat Germany? :lol:

To be totally honest, Germany have always been my "3rd team" in these type of events. Australia first for obvious reasons, Netherlands second because my parents are both Dutch and Germany third because my Grandmother was German. :)

as Geoff said, the game is so far down the pecking order of Australian sport and the only time you start to hear a noise about it is when the World Cup comes around and other than that, no one could really give a fuck about it and to be be honest, the A league {the competition here} or whatever they call it is really piss poor.

It's not even televised here. :lol: I think some lowly Fox Sports channel probably airs a few games but even then I doubt half the games get a video camera through the gates. :lol:

Classic, I missed this. Esp the bit in bold. LOL - priceless.

Harsh comments about England. I mean, I despise the Aussies when it comes to cricket, but that's about it. I've met some pretty obnoxious Aussies, but have 3 or 4 good friends who are Aussies too. I don't know how anyone who has done any travelling can generalise about an entire nationality. Except maybe the Scots. ;)

Harsh comments about England. I mean, I despise the Aussies when it comes to cricket, but that's about it. I've met some pretty obnoxious Aussies, but have 3 or 4 good friends who are Aussies too. I don't know how anyone who has done any travelling can generalise about an entire nationality. Except maybe the Scots. ;)

Your last tongue-in-cheek comment sums it up mate. I think every English person I've ever met I have liked, I like you Brits on the board - I just hate your country. :lol: Nothing personal. I wouldn't even feel Australian if I didn't. I think one of the most annoying things about Brits is the 100% without fail "Australia is made up of English convicts" crap you bring up in every discussion about Australia. When will you guys just accept you got the raw end of the deal?! :lol:

Anyway, there's a million reasons to hate England (a lot of them brought on by the Australian media's obsession with the royal family) but it doesn't mean for a second that I actually think any of you guys aren't great chaps. ;)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I don't we Aussies are going to get out of the group stage. Coach is not as good, squad is not as good and form of players still there is not as good. Sigh....

Unfortunately I don't we Aussies are going to get out of the group stage. Coach is not as good, squad is not as good and form of players still there is not as good. Sigh....

Considering the way Germay is playing right now - 3 months before the world cup - you might even have a chance. The match against Argentina - we lost 0:1 - was atrocious !

"Australia is made up of English convicts"

Well, I really thought this was true !! Isn't this so ?!?!

:lol::rofl2:

"Australia is made up of English convicts"

Well, I really thought this was true !! Isn't this so ?!?!

:lol::rofl2:

I think it is to a certain extent. But we sent them to a land of sun, sea and awesome beaches while we stayed in the land of grey clouds and err, drizzling rain.