Aerosmith Kaput....

T-BONE

Hmmm

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith?

After entertaining music lovers for more than four decades, Rock group Aerosmith might be on the verge of a break up after the band's guitarist Joe Perry saying that frontman Steven Tyler has quit.

Perry said that Tyler has not been in touch with the group after their performance was in Abu Dhabi, Las Vegas Sun reported.

"Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don't know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band," Perry said.

The rock group also known as 'The Bad Boys from Boston' is one of the best-selling American hard rock band of all time having sold 150 million albums worldwide.

Perry says Tyler is not taking his phone calls which has fostered the present situation.

"He has had no contact with me or the other band members. He's notorious for that, that's one thing I've learned to live with. I try to overlook it," he said.

Aerosmith were earlier forced to cancel their concerts after Tyler was taken to a hospital after falling off the stage during a concert in South Dakota. The band reconciled for the final leg of the tour, including two shows in Hawaii and one at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix before more than 50,000 fans. "Obviously he hasn't been giving 100 percent to this thing for a long time. He's obviously had this planned for a long time. To disregard his brothers to the point where we have to find out about it on the Internet. I still care for him as a person, or at least the person I used to know. But things change," Perry said.

The guitarist now wonders what the future holds for the group and is trying to adjust with the unfortunate development of Tyler reportedly leaving the band.

"Right now I'm adjusting to how we're going to go on, Aerosmith is such a powerful band, I mean it's like a steam locomotive. You just can't disregard 40 years of four guys who play together as well as they do. We're just trying to at least I am trying to figure out what direction the band should take," Perry said.

"As far as replacing Steve... We'll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we'll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch," he added.

Like Bad Company without Rogers , Aerosmith without Tyler would be exactly the same !!!!!!!!

I hope it does not happen :unsure:

They've been creatively kaput since the early 90s anyway... and it looks like Tyler has fallen off the wagon, so it may be time for 'em to hang it up

They've been creatively kaput since the early 90s anyway... and it looks like Tyler has fallen off the wagon, so it may be time for 'em to hang it up

:agree:

After all of these rumors that have been flying around since that Sturgis accident this doesn't suprise me one bit. I sure hope for himself that Steven gets his shit together and while I'm not a huge fan of the band I would really hate to see them go on with a different vocalist.

Then again who vocally would be a good fit?

I always thought the guy from Slik Toxic was a Tyler clone so he might work.

Davy Vain, Joe Leste?

If Tyler wants to leave (and really has any cognition about what's going on) because he does want to feed the "solo monster" after so long, more power to him.

But, on the verge of their 40th anniversary, is this really the most opportune time to make this decision? There's a LOT of money to be made out there for being able to hang on one more year. Plus, I'm thinking he's not in the best shape, mentally/emotionally/physically, to be making life-altering decisions. Hopefully someone steps in and tries to talk some sense into him.

If this is indeed it for Aerosmith, if those other four guys continue without Perry and use the Aerosmith name, at least by itself, it's just asking for public opinion to be against them. (I pray they're smarter than Neal Schon and Jon Cain.)

• 2023 Gold Donors

:agree:

After all of these rumors that have been flying around since that Sturgis accident this doesn't suprise me one bit. I sure hope for himself that Steven gets his shit together and while I'm not a huge fan of the band I would really hate to see them go on with a different vocalist.

Then again who vocally would be a good fit?

I always thought the guy from Slik Toxic was a Tyler clone so he might work.

Davy Vain, Joe Leste?

...or Derek from Babylon A.D. that dude does their old stuff pretty well.

If the other guys wanna continue without Tyler I say God bless'em, but for cryin' out loud, DO NOT CALL IT AEROSMITH. Call it "Toys in the Attic" or "Rocks" or whatever the f*ck, but it won't be Aerosmith.

If the other guys wanna continue without Tyler I say God bless'em, but for cryin' out loud, DO NOT CALL IT AEROSMITH. Call it "Toys in the Attic" or "Rocks" or whatever the f*ck, but it won't be Aerosmith.

Backed. But if he's truly off the wagon, maybe they can get back to recording good music!!

Could not agree more :agree:

Like the Cars without Ric Ocasek.

Like Journey without Steve Perry.

Like Judas Priest without Rob Halford.

Those are the only ones I can think of quickly.

Rainbow seems to be one of the bands that does good with different singers.

I'll wait until it's definite and the dust settles, Tyler and Perry go off on each other every so often ....I'll wait until it's definitely announced before I start believing it 100% Could also be just news hype to generate interest in any new album (that's been delayed and delayed and delayed) or a 40th anniversary tour or whatever.

The original story was from Classic Rock Magazine website, and you all know how much I (don't) rate that magazine - this is their current story/update

"It seems that the Aerosmith story that appeared on the Classic Rock website has taken a life of its own and spread faster than a rampant STD, appearing on sites all over the world, especially in the US where, since Tyler’s dramatic stage exit a few months ago, the band have enjoyed a new life as media darlings.

Judging by a story in the Las Vegas Sun Joe Perry was door-stepped coming off a long-haul flight from Aerosmith’s triumphant show in Abu Dhabi (read the review in next month’s Classic Rock) where he seems to have interpreted the now famous “Brand Tyler” quote as being a signal from the singer that he was on his his way out.

Classic Rock can only say that when Steven Tyler spoke exclusively to our intrepid reporter Peter Makowski, he in no way indicated that he was leaving the band, and just stated that he wanted to spend some time out to record a solo album and promote his forthcoming autobiography Does The Noise In My Head Bother You.

It’s Aerosmith’s 40th anniversary next year and one would hope that there are some pretty special events lined up.

Since the story broke though, there has been radio silence on both sides of the camp. We do know that Perry, Tyler, Whitford and Kramer will or already have got together to discuss their future before Joe embarks on a solo tour of the West Coast.

As for Tyler, Makowski sent an email requesting a follow-up interview to his management and was told: “Regretfully, Steven has had to return to the east coast quickly and immerse himself into some time-sensitive endeavours that require his full attention for the next days leading into the Thanksgiving holiday. He asked me to pass along his regards and we’ll look to bounce back to you as soon as appropriate time permits.”

We shall of course keep you posted."

If it's over .... well it was a great ride. Joe should keep putting the solo albums out - I think Tyler forgot how to rock some time ago, although his collaboration with Santana was great!

I don't really care if they keep the band name and replace Tyler.......the bottom line for me is whether the music is worth a damn....while I find it hard to believe that a new singer could do justice to the older material...I do believe it's possible that new blood could produce a decent new CD.....lets not forget that AC//DC managed to replace a legend and keep on rocking without missing a beat...of course that was an exception to the norm....

• 2023 Gold Donors

How 'bout "Pandora's Box" for the Tyler-less lead band? A possible name for Tyler's new project would be "LIPS" or perhaps "CHAPSTICK"! :whistle::D

Seriously, I've mostly considered the Tyler & Perry duo the US equivalent of Jagger & Richards. Could these two do w/o one another? Hmm, that's a toughie. If my memory serves (somewhat) correctly, both Perry & Brad Whitford left Aerosmith back in the early '80's(?) for solo &/or other projects (yeah, I know....Joe Perry's solo efforts was the Joe Perry Project) before they both returned to Aerosmith for approx. the last 20 yrs or so? :o

It'll be interestin' to see what all of 'em do whether continuin' on as Aerosmith or goin' with a different name for the band. :unsure:

lets not forget that AC//DC managed to replace a legend and keep on rocking without missing a beat...of course that was an exception to the norm....

Difference there though is that the band had only been going five years or so at the time, and were forced into replacing Bon. Aerosmith, as has been said, has been going nearly forty years.

They could probably get away with recording without any member other than Tyler as he is the focal point of the band, not just the vocalist. You have to remember that unlike most rock bands, Aerosmith is one of the few rock/metal acts to be huge amongst mainstream music fans, and they probably only know Tyler, and have no idea who the rest of the band are.

I always say that, with few exceptions, a band can easily replace any member and be the same band, but replacing the singer should be followed by a change in band name as it rarely ever works with well known bands.

Looks like Tyler may have broken his silence - denying that he is leaving the band according to this report hot off da press .... hmmm...we'll see, obviously there is some unrest...yet again, like there was after Nine Lives....and after Just Push Play!

http://www.examiner.com/x-24469-Raleigh-Ce...aving-Aerosmith

and another suggesting the same

http://www.dirtywood.com/2009/11/10/steven...ving-aerosmith/

Like the Cars without Ric Ocasek.

Like Journey without Steve Perry.

Like Judas Priest without Rob Halford.

Those are the only ones I can think of quickly.

Rainbow seems to be one of the bands that does good with different singers.

Like Bon Jovi without Alec John Such

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=130178

AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler joined THE JOE PERRY PROJECT (the band led by AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry) on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday, November 10) at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza in New York City to perform the AEROSMITH classic "Walk This Way".

According to a BLABBERMOUTH.NET source a the concert, Tyler assured the crowd that — despite rumors to the contrary — he is "not quitting AEROSMITH" before launching into the track, which was originally released as the second single from the band's 1975 album "Toys in the Attic".

Perry told the Las Vegas Sun on Friday (November 6) that Tyler has quit the band he co-founded nearly 40 years ago, following a recent concert in Abu Dhabi. Perry revealed to the newspaper, "Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don't know any more than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Tyler told Classic Rock magazine following the Middle East concert that he intended to work on "Brand Tyler" instead of a new AEROSMITH record for the foreseeable future, saying, "I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it's definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself — Brand Tyler."

Perry told the Sun that Tyler "has had no contact" with him or the other band members. Classic Rock reported that Tyler's dressing room at the Abu Dhabi gig was distant from the others, and that he did not interact with the rest of the group until they got onstage.

Perry said that he would like AEROSMITH to continue, but admitted that he's not entirely sure how to proceed. He explained, "As far as replacing Steve, it's not just about that, it's also four guys that play extremely well together, and I'm not going to see that go to waste. I really don't know what path it's going to take at this point, but we'll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we'll be able to . . . move the vibe up a notch."

Things have been tense in the AEROSMITH camp since early August, when a fall from a stage in South Dakota broke Tyler's shoulder and ended the band's summer tour. In the months since, internal strife has come to the surface, forcing AEROSMITH to consider two options: going on hiatus or getting a new vocalist.

Perry told the Sun that he believed Tyler had been planning to leave for a while, saying, "Obviously he hasn't been giving 100 percent to this thing for a long time . . . To disregard his brothers to the point where we have to find out about it on the Internet — it's like, 'See you later, Bud.' I still care for him as a person, or at least the person I used to know. But things change".

To me it's looking like the usual Aerosmith fall out prompted by some shoddy/sensationalist reporting by that iconic magazine of crap and innuendo Classic Rock, who broke with the story on their website after some well dodgy reporting and as usual putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. "Classic Rock reported that Tyler's dressing room at the Abu Dhabi gig was distant from the others, and that he did not interact with the rest of the group until they got onstage"....ooo that's tantamount to leaving??? Have you ever seen videos of Aerosmith going from dressing room to stage, they barely talk to each other anyway. Shit I don't speak to the wife every 5 seconds but it doesn't mean I'm heading outta the door!

The Classic Rock website when initially running the story is probably where Joe Perry first heard about it "I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band " so Joe being the guy he is...pride hurt n all calls the shots in order to get something out in the open I guess.

It doesn't help that the band don't communicate as much as it should which helps to compound the issue, case in point when Joey Kramer was under the impression he was ousted during the inital Nine Lives sessions in Florida...all due to lack of communication....and with a view to the past you think they'd learn.

Obviously the band are a little tense (Joe was especially pissed) after Tyler's fall caused them to cancel a string of dates, and if he's fallen off the wagon too....well that's his business, as Joe has also said in the past.

But if ST was leaving I'm sure wouldn't be jamming with the Project.

Anyway we'll see ... but it looks like the BS is beginning to stink the place out.

Classic Rock....what a great magazine :poop:

Anyway...here's a link to NME magazine which features film of ST sayng he ain't leaving the band

http://www.nme.com/news/aerosmith/48321

Actually, when Joe Perry had been telling the Sun that Tyler had quit, I dont see that that had anything to do with Classic Rock or shoddy reporting.

Perry is the one who has been saying Tyler had quit.

Actually, when Joe Perry had been telling the Sun that Tyler had quit, I dont see that that had anything to do with Classic Rock or shoddy reporting.

He got the news that Tyler had quit off the internet (he says this himself in his original rant) and it was Classic Rock that broke the original story that pretty much went viral, so either way they had a hand in the misinformation. The quote I included in my post dated Nov 9 2009, 04:18 PM was directly copied from the Classic Rock Magazine website...which on just visiting can no longer find... and seems to suggest that they were first with the news.

Call me cynical but with a new solo album to promote this is "useful".

But I suppose there's no smoke without fire as they say and this story may have more twists than a yard of yarn!

He got the news that Tyler had quit off the internet (he says this himself in his original rant) and it was Classic Rock that broke the original story that pretty much went viral, so either way they had a hand in the misinformation. The quote I included in my post dated Nov 9 2009, 04:18 PM was directly copied from the Classic Rock Magazine website...which on just visiting can no longer find... and seems to suggest that they were first with the news.

Call me cynical but with a new solo album to promote this is "useful".

But I suppose there's no smoke without fire as they say and this story may have more twists than a yard of yarn!

Well quite frankly, if Joe Perry reads a news story on the internet then goes and tells other news outlets that Tyler has left, then its him who is being an idiot.

If you read a story on the internet that your next door neighbour had done something, would you then go around telling everyone that, or would you speak to your neighbour first?

Regardless of whether Classic Rock was right or wrong with the story, the fact that Perry then went round saying it was true shows that things are not right in the Aerosmith camp or he is just an idiot for believing everything he reads without confirming it with the guy he has worked with for nearly 40 years.

True, true...but supposedly Perry tried contacting him, but apparently Tyler never answers his calls.

Just like most rock stars ...big egos and prima donna atitudes!

Apparently though ST didn't hang about after the JPP performance anyway, who knows WTF is going on, I find it hard to believe that Tyler would leave after dragging the band through the Perry/Whitfordless years, but peoples priorities change. It wouldn't be the first time they nearly split over a magazine article r.e. the Rolling Stone Magazine cover back in 1976.

It's already getting old!

Maybe they should get Steve Perry and just call the band The Perry Project. Ha!

To tell the truth I'd trust the band under (Joe) Perry's guidance more than Tylers....at least they might start to rock again with his hands at the helm.